Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regressed - Fasano, Bess, Ginn ...

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Regressed - Fasano, Bess, Ginn ...

Despite some decent off-season training, some players like Fasano, Bess and Ginn appear to have gone backwards from last season. These are all young players that cannot blame getting older. I'm interested in your thoughts, why have these guys regressed?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Dolfan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Belle Glade, FL (The Muck)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it has to do with the lobs and floaters that Penny was throwing to them last year and the bullets that Henne is throwing....I'm not blaming this on Henne at all.....but it's like these guys can't catch those passes with anything on them....
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    U made the pudding but forgot the proof.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fasano was always a little inconsistent... Not really surprised... Haynos on the other hand has progressed...

Ginn is Ginn... Everyone complained how Penny was holding him back... How he would explode with a 'live arm'... Not even close... The fact is Ginn has failed with two drastically different styles of QB... Maybe the issue is not the QB... Hmm.

Of the three you mentioned... Bess is the biggest question. He was the picture of consistency... Catching everything he touched... and suddenly he is not... nowhere near what he was... I have to think this is an issue of focus... I don't know if there is something off the field which is getting in his head or he just had more to prove as an undrafted rook... But his focus is not what it was.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Drunken Sailor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portsmouth, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am shocked about Fasano. He never was a Antonio Gates or Alge Crumpler, but he usually caught the balls he was supposed to catch, maybe pick up a couple after the catch if he could. This year, he is the picture of inconsistancy.

Bess, while still definately a steal as a undrated free agent, is not showing up like he did last lear.
    PARTNERSHIP FOR A BUFFALO BILLS FREE AMERICA
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you are just simplifying it.

pats brought mcgown a safety who plays in the box and he shutdown tony gonzales and every TE he has faced till now.

pats got rid of all their CB. now you have bodden FA, butler rookie,spring FA , wilhitte 2nd yr player.

a complete new secondary and you know its called adjustment. also a year of tape shows what a player can do and create matchup. like bess is not as fast as butler so they put him on bess. now bess could not beat his man on man to man.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's DEFINITELY. Not defiantly. Not definately. Not defnatly. Not deafanatalie. For instance, I definitely only use adverbs I can definitely spell correctly because I am definitely not in the 2nd grade.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Definately has to do with the fact that Henne isn't on the same page of the recievers. They were always used to dink and dunk style and making plays after the catch (cept Ginn) which could explain some of the fumbling and drops. They want to turn upfield to get more when they don't need to with Henne throwing 15-20 yard strikes all the time. Personally I think this is main reason for all our passing woes. Good thing Henne knows how to protect a football. I definately don't think it has anything to do with focus, just the pace and style is so completely different that it throws all our receivers off bigtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not just the drops. All of a sudden Fasano and Bess started fumbling this year. I know Fasano only had the 2 in the first game but they were huge! Bess has fumbled in consecutive games AND muffed a punt. I think the previous poster is right, it must be a concentration issue.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking at Fasano's body language...it appears he has lost his confidence. I think the first game when he fumbled twice got to him.

Bess...I hope is just a little sophomore slump. But he can't keep doing what he is doing.

Ginn...he is beyond "regressed." He simply isn't very good...make that...HE SUCKS!!!
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bess has been a huge disappointment, which really amazes me. This guy was the picture of consistency last season and our most reliable receiver. His has this season seem to have gone to jelly in the last year. And this from a guy who is in a contract year if I'm not mistaken.
    Quote Quote