Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake Miami's most efficient pass rusher

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

Wake Miami's most efficient pass rusher

I don't agree with Armando often, but I'm on the same page on this one.

One of the toughest parts about coaching has nothing to do with preparing a player to play. It's recognizing the right time to put a player on the field.
    Sometimes coaches hit home runs with that decision. Sometimes they strike out.
    "I think that our coaching staff has tried to utilize our personnel to the best of their ability right now." coach Tony Sparano said Monday. "We’ve tried to put the right guys in the right spots so to speak. Every once-in-a-while you miss. That’s not good, if you miss, you have to re-evaluate it and you have to try to make it right. So that’s what we’re doing.”
    I hope they are doing it with Cameron Wake.
    Because, with all due respect to the Dolphins staff, all I know is when Wake gets the opportunity to rush the passer, he gets to the passer. A lot.
    Wake has three sacks this year. That's third on the team. But he's up there with the leaders despite getting about 60-70 percent fewer snaps than those other sack leaders.
    In other words, when Wake is in the game to rush the QB, he is more efficient in getting results than the other guys. On Sunday against the Patriots, Wake played in 11 plays, according to Sparano. He had one sack and one pressure.
    Compare that to other rushers that got at least twice as many and perhaps almost three times as many pass-rush opportunities and netted zero sacks, and you wonder why not give Wake more chances?
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...ss-rusher.html
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This seems so obvious. There must be something we don't know. I still cringe at the amount of time opposing QBs have to throw the ball sometimes. I don't understand this either.
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because he don't have a complete skill set to play DE/OLB in the league? I guess a OLB/DE being able to cover or stop the run is so yesteryear.

The BUF game is Wake's coming out party. But sit down and look at BUF's OLINE that game. 2 Tackles that were 3rd/4th string at best, and 2 ROOKIE Guards. Sure Wake had a great game, but when he gets his chance against the likes of Brees/Sanchez/Brady he comes away w/ 1 sack. If the guy was a complete LB/DE, he would be playing. But he isn't.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Because he don't have a complete skill set to play DE/OLB in the league? I guess a OLB/DE being able to cover or stop the run is so yesteryear.

The BUF game is Wake's coming out party. But sit down and look at BUF's OLINE that game. 2 Tackles that were 3rd/4th string at best, and 2 ROOKIE Guards. Sure Wake had a great game, but when he gets his chance against the likes of Brees/Sanchez/Brady he comes away w/ 1 sack. If the guy was a complete LB/DE, he would be playing. But he isn't.
    Yea, we wouldn't want a run stuffer like Porter to lose snaps to Wake. Wake might not be good at it.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll never forget Cowher talking to Greg Lloyd on the sidelines and saying,(paraphrasing)"Rush the QB, that's all I want you to do." I know Wake may have some issues with run defense, but we need his young knees.:wink: Plus instead of taking Joey out when Wake is in the game, we could switch to a 4-3 taking a MLB out of the game and moving JT to DE. That would improve run defense and put our 3 best pass rushers on the field.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only time i saw edge pressure the whole game last week was when wake was in there give the kid more snaps he's earned it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I seriousy believe Wake can get 10 sacks this year if they just let him do his damn thing.

Is it not enough that he has 2 more sacks than Porter in probably less than 1/4th of the playing time?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

i don't see how that matters porter dosent cover or make tackles give wake his snaps,
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is this serious? Im not saying wake is god or something but really? Porter is one demensional (if u can even say tht considering he sucks at rushing the passer), how much worse can wake be?

Look no further than the stats:

(GamesStarted, TKLS, SACKS, Passdefensed, FF)
    Porter- (7, 12, 2.5, 1, 1)
    Wake - (0, 11, 3.5, 0, 1)

Wake has played in 6 games, porter has played 7, porter has started all 7 of his games, wake has not started a game , and wake is recieving between 1/4 to 1/3 the snaps Porter is.

Call them player A and player B and who do u think has produced and deserves to play more? get rid of his name and gues what, he probably is 3rd sting. thats all porter is at this point. a name.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    I'll never forget Cowher talking to Greg Lloyd on the sidelines and saying,(paraphrasing)"Rush the QB, that's all I want you to do." I know Wake may have some issues with run defense, but we need his young knees.:wink: Plus instead of taking Joey out when Wake is in the game, we could switch to a 4-3 taking a MLB out of the game and moving JT to DE. That would improve run defense and put our 3 best pass rushers on the field.
    I could actually agree with this. Take Chowder out and peel the ears back. But people are advocating starting/giving the majority of the snaps to Wake, I along w/ the coaching staff don't agree.
    Quote Quote