Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ? about xbox and ps3...need help..

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks

? about xbox and ps3...need help..

I was thinking of purchasing the xbox 360. I have had always bough sony ps 1 and 2 etc etc but now I was thinking of maybe now buying xbox 360. When i went to best buy to talk to a employee there he said both systems are good but when i asked about the red ring of death he said that xbox has been making corrections and it has gotten better. He also said he has had xbox for about 4 years and had 3 problems w/ it. It made me to wonder if xbox really the way to go? I also know the online play for xbox is good and better then ps3....the arcade xbox 360 is about $200 w/ 40 $ warrantly and another 30 bucks for a card while the $300 system comes w/ e'thing and has a 2 yr warrantly for 80 and no card...and that is not including a game u r buying to 60 for one and 120 for two...just need some help or direction is it worht it buying xbox or stay w/ ps3 and sony? any help is always appreciated...

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have both. I purchase an xbox 360 a couple years ago and from day 1 it didn't work properly. I said screw it and bought a PS3. I've never had any problems with the PS3. PSN is free, which is a huge advantage and the graphics are better.

People complain that xbox live is more popular than PSN, but I have never had any trouble getting any game going on PSN. If I were you, I would go with the PS3. It is far more worth it than xbox. If you do go with PS3, give me your username. Mine is Miami_Dolphins34.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    I have both. I purchase an xbox 360 a couple years ago and from day 1 it didn't work properly. I said screw it and bought a PS3. I've never had any problems with the PS3. PSN is free, which is a huge advantage and the graphics are better.

People complain that xbox live is more popular than PSN, but I have never had any trouble getting any game going on PSN. If I were you, I would go with the PS3. It is far more worth it than xbox. If you do go with PS3, give me your username. Mine is Miami_Dolphins34.

I have a question for you about ps3....how much does it go for? I enver asked the guy and do i need to buy a card w/ it....Also my computer is inside 1 room while my tv and play system is in another room..how exactly would i work the online fun?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    I have a question for you about ps3....how much does it go for? I enver asked the guy and do i need to buy a card w/ it....Also my computer is inside 1 room while my tv and play system is in another room..how exactly would i work the online fun?
    I bought mine for 500 two years ago, now they are down to 300. By card do you mean memory card? If so, the answer is no. You have the option of buying an 80 G ps3, which I have. Or a 60 G I believe. If you have wireless internet access, the PS3 will automatically pick it up. If you have a wire connection, you will need to run an ethernet cable to the PS3. Anymore questions?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd reccomend the 360. New 360's don't have much of an RROD problem as old ones do. And Microsoft fixes RROD for free even out of warranty a lot of the time. Not to mention you could get RROD fixed for real cheap locally, or by yourself. PS3 literally costs an arm and a leg if it messes up out of warranty. If you want Blu-Ray I'd reccomend PS3. However XBL is WORLD's better than PSN. A lot better DLC (downloadable content). You can't go wrong with either system, but as someone who only plays online, 360 is the easy choice because of Live.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    I'd reccomend the 360. New 360's don't have much of an RROD problem as old ones do. And Microsoft fixes RROD for free even out of warranty a lot of the time. Not to mention you could get RROD fixed for real cheap locally, or by yourself. PS3 literally costs an arm and a leg if it messes up out of warranty. If you want Blu-Ray I'd reccomend PS3. However XBL is WORLD's better than PSN. A lot better DLC (downloadable content). You can't go wrong with either system, but as someone who only plays online, 360 is the easy choice because of Live.

the sales man today was telling me how much i needed a warrantly policy...r u telling me that i dont need a warrantly policy? If sthing brakes down that they will fix it for me free ? A friend told me that a week ago...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    I don't think live is that much better. I have been on live a few times, but like I said, I have never had any issues whatsoever with PSN. The problem I have with 360 is not that they will fix the problem for free, there should not be any problems. The reason the 360 has so many bugs and glitches is because they tried to rush the release of it, unlike PS3. What do 360's cost now? 250? That's only $50 less for a system that will potentially have several problems.

Maybe I'm just biased against 360 because of how my experiance with it went, but in my opinion the PS3 is a better buy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the sales man today was telling me how much i needed a warrantly policy...r u telling me that i dont need a warrantly policy? If sthing brakes down that they will fix it for me free ? A friend told me that a week ago...
    A friend told me you could send it awau free for the first issue, but then you have to pay for the next.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    I bought mine for 500 two years ago, now they are down to 300. By card do you mean memory card? If so, the answer is no. You have the option of buying an 80 G ps3, which I have. Or a 60 G I believe. If you have wireless internet access, the PS3 will automatically pick it up. If you have a wire connection, you will need to run an ethernet cable to the PS3. Anymore questions?

yeah i meant mem card...my bad....going to b a hard decision...no matter what i select keep all info coming every 1 and u 2 ricky fan...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah i meant mem card...my bad....going to b a hard decision...no matter what i select keep all info coming every 1 and u 2 ricky fan...
    I strongly reccomend the PS3. What is your time window for purchasing it?
    Quote Quote