Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ? about xbox and ps3...need help..

1. -31
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    thanks for the advice fellow phin/sixer fan got another question for you lets say i dont get the warranty, is it that big of deal..never had 1 for sony playstation and here goes: I will most likely get two games, if u were choosing which out these would you get, remember two of them:

Call of duty: war of worlds- I like ww11 and my friend said he will give me the new 1 for free

Assasins Creed 2- heard it is a great game and that 1 was good but 2 is much better

Madden 2010- Love the NFL

Ncaa f'ball 2010- etc etc

Tiger woods pga tour 2010- have read that this game is a little frusrating and that the graphics are medocore..well there ya go...any help ...this question is for any 1....
    I would get the warranty just to be safe. 360/PS3 cost an arm and a leg to repair out of warranty. Not all times will they repair RROD for free. And if they won't, you can usually get it fixed locally, or by yourself for cheap. Like I said, just be safe and get the warranty. It would suck to get one of those rare problem that isn't RROD, but also cost $200 to repair. Or if you decide with PS3, $400 or whatever, PS3 repair prices are out the roof.

Call of Duty World at War is a great game. If you're getting the new one for free, this is worth a buy if you're a WW2 fan.

Assassins Creed 2 is a great game.

Madden 2010 is a must buy for all NFL fans.

NCAA Football 2010 is another must buy for NCAA fans.

Haven't played Tiger Woods 2010 so can't really help you here. But I do like the Tiger Woods series.

If you had to go with 2, I'd probably pick Madden 10 and Assassins Creed 2, since you're going to have the new COD anyways.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    My Xbox 360 has taken yet another ring of death ****. I'm seriously thinking of trading it in for a PS3
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan3773 View Post
    My Xbox 360 has taken yet another ring of death ****. I'm seriously thinking of trading it in for a PS3

wow how many is that for you if u dont mind me asking

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan3773 View Post
    If you have not read my previous posts, I have a PS3 and have never had any issues with it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm only going to make one suggestion, whatever sysytem you purchase, make sure you get warranty for them.

I went through 3 Xbox's and haven't had a problem with the 4th one. The first Xbox, I got the red Rings of death, luckily I still had manufacture warranty so i send it back, they fixed it. About 6 months later the same Xbox would not read the games. So I had to get another one, purchased used through gamestop (w/warranty) about 5 months later red rings, they gave me another used one (again bought warranty) about 10 months later red rings, I am now on the 4th Xbox w/warranty going on about 10 months.

I've gone through 1 PS3 and am currently on my 2nd PS3. The first one lasted about 1 year and 8 months before one of my games would not eject (consider the fact that i purchased the first one about 3 months after it's release), I had learned my lesson from the Xbox so I had pruchased warranty, took it back to Best buy, they could not fix it, got my game out and gave me a new PS3 with all the extra goodies (PS3 controller, cables, and YES a GAME). Luckily They were only selling console bundles so I got MGS4 for free, although I had purchased it 3 weeks earlier at gamestop. I'm going on about a year and 6 months with my new PS3 and no issues.

Personally, I am happy with my PS3, the Xbox is used more by my son.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Predaphin View Post
    I'm only going to make one suggestion, whatever sysytem you purchase, make sure you get warranty for them.

I went through 3 Xbox's and haven't had a problem with the 4th one. The first Xbox, I got the red Rings of death, luckily I still had manufacture warranty so i send it back, they fixed it. About 6 months later the same Xbox would not read the games. So I had to get another one, purchased used through gamestop (w/warranty) about 5 months later red rings, they gave me another used one (again bought warranty) about 10 months later red rings, I am now on the 4th Xbox w/warranty going on about 10 months.

I've gone through 1 PS3 and am currently on my 2nd PS3. The first one lasted about 1 year and 8 months before one of my games would not eject (consider the fact that i purchased the first one about 3 months after it's release), I had learned my lesson from the Xbox so I had pruchased warranty, took it back to Best buy, they could not fix it, got my game out and gave me a new PS3 with all the extra goodies (PS3 controller, cables, and YES a GAME). Luckily They were only seeling console bundles so I got MGS4 for free, although I had purchased it 3 weeks earlier at gamestop. I'm going on about a year and 6 months with my new PS3 and no issues.

I've had my PS3 for 2 years. I'm hoping my games do not start getting stuck in the slot lol.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    I've had my PS3 for 2 years. I'm hoping my games do not start getting stuck in the slot lol.

How long after the PS3 was released, did you purchase your PS3?

I wouldn't worry about it, I thought my first PS3 was more due to the fact that I purchased it nearly when the first consolse came out. Especially now with the new slim PS3's, I'm sure they've fixed all technical issues.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Predaphin View Post

I've gone through 1 PS3 and am currently on my 2nd PS3. The first one lasted about 1 year and 8 months before one of my games would not eject (consider the fact that i purchased the first one about 3 months after it's release), I had learned my lesson from the Xbox so I had pruchased warranty, took it back to Best buy, they could not fix it, got my game out and gave me a new PS3 with all the extra goodies (PS3 controller, cables, and YES a GAME). Luckily They were only selling console bundles so I got MGS4 for free, although I had purchased it 3 weeks earlier at gamestop. I'm going on about a year and 6 months with my new PS3 and no issues.

thank you for the friendly advice
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    wow how many is that for you if u dont mind me asking
    I think this is the 3rd or 4th time. The funny thing is that I don't use it much, just every once in a while. I just got the new Call Of Duty and had to wait to play it.
    Quote Quote