Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Henne haters, take a look at P. Mannings 1st year game by game stats and shut up!

1. -1
    42.7% of all statistics are made up

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hey Henne haters, take a look at P. Mannings 1st year game by game stats and shut up!

In his 1st 6 starts he managed 6td and 14int with a 56.9 passer rating. Guess he wasn't the future huh? No offence but some of you are morons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...nPe00/gamelog/

EDIT: Because there are people in this world that need warnings labels telling them that coffee is hot I apparently need to go back and add this disclaimer to the thread.

This is not about comparing Henne to Manning, its just pointing out that young QB's even the greats have rough starts to their careers. So be patient and let the guy take his lumps before you pass judgment. A year from now we will have a better idea what we have in him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no problem with Henne and believe he is the future. The only problem with Henne is:

1) A baffoon calling the plays.
    2) No #1 WR or any deep threat whatsoever.
    3) A complete baffoon calling the plays.

Henne seems to get along well with Lee.. everytime Henne is on the sidelines we see him and lee going over the coverages.. IMO they have a very good rapport.. That being said, IMO Lee would be a much better OC than that other moron
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    I have no problem with Henne and believe he is the future. The only problem with Henne is:

1) A baffoon calling the plays.
    2) No #1 WR or any deep threat whatsoever.
    3) A complete baffoon calling the plays.

Henne seems to get along well with Lee.. everytime Henne is on the sidelines we see him and lee going over the coverages.. IMO they have a very good rapport.. That being said, IMO Lee would be a much better OC than that other moron
    agree, henning needs to be retired and lee promoted...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Henne, but this arguement is as dumb as people who say he is a bust. Because Peyton Manning did it means Henne will? There are more qb's who start bad and end that way, then turn into Peyton Manning.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol at comparing Henne to Manning...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I like Henne, but this arguement is as dumb as people who say he is a bust. Because Peyton Manning did it means Henne will? There are more qb's who start bad and end that way, then turn into Peyton Manning.
    I didn't say that he was the next Manning, the point is that early on even the great ones have some bumps in the road and take their lumps.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bla bla bla View Post
    lol at comparing Henne to Manning...
    no doubt. really. you could just as easily compare him to ryan leaf. nice job picking the second best qb of all time to compare him to.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryville, TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon74 View Post
    In his 1st 6 starts he managed 6td and 14int with a 56.9 passer rating. Guess he wasn't the future huh? No offence but some of you are morons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...nPe00/gamelog/
    the differnce between Manning and henne is the colts FO and head coach put the right 10 people around him something the dolphins has been doing awful at sense 1980.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    This is like comparing apples to dump trucks. We can't compare what Henne has done to what other QBs have done, we need to compare Henne to Henne. Is he growing every week? Is he making the same mistakes? Is he starting to do the little things to elevate his game to the next level? One thing I want see him do is move around more in the pocket and keep plays alive, this will eliminate interceptions like we saw yesterday, and it will also decrease his sack count. Once he starts moving forward more in the pocket and less lateral or back, bigger plays will develop.

Comparisons are just bad because no 2 guys are in the same position unless they are playing for the same team. I could easily claim Henne is a bust because in his second year Tom Brady went 11-3 in the regular season, 3-0 in the post seasaon with a Superbowl win and Superbowl MVP.

Every body is entitled to their opinion it doesn't make them a moron. Henne had a lot of question marks coming out of college and to just ignore the mistakes he makes during the game is wrong. He had a HORRIBLE game yesterday PISS POOR!!!! So what it was bound to happen the greatest QBs in the history of the league had PISS POOR games. Now the question is does he learn and grow from it?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bta72dolphins View Post
    the differnce between Manning and henne is the colts FO and head coach put the right 10 people around him something the dolphins has been doing awful at sense 1980.
    Well again let me just add I'm not comparing the two but on to your point. Last time I checked Parcells, Ireland and Sparano haven't been here since 1980 hell we don't even have the same owner as we did last year so I don't really follow your point.
    Quote Quote