Hello Up There!
Okay, we're not in the cellar yet, but we're working our way there. Man, the Bills are a heartbreaking team! I can't remember seeing a better defensive performance wasted like that one yesterday. Even in the later stages of the game, our defense was rock solid (unlike against the Dolphins, when they eventually wore down). It was disgusting to see the offense time and again just refuse to do anything positive with the ball.
I guess it's not too early to look at the offseason (losing 5 of the last 7 doesen't give me an indication that we're ready to rip off 7 straight wins). Here's how I'd like to see it go:
1. Get the best pass rushing DE we can find in FA (Kearse would be nice, but I really like Eric Hicks too).
2. Get the best C available in free agency (I'm working on a list of about 11 candidates; sucks that Meester was re-signed by the Jags though).
3. Draft the best DT available in the draft with our first pick.
4. Draft the best OG available in the draft with our 2nd pick.
5. Draft the best QB available in the draft with our 3rd pick (if no good candidates are there, get the best OG left).
If we could do this, we'd be on our way to really contending. Of course, it goes without saying that we need to revamp our coaching staff (could be firings, could be ultimatums issued by Donahoe or Ralph, whatever works!!). But, if we could accomplish those 5 things this offseason, maybe the Bills could really become what everyone thought they'd be this year.
Tags for this Thread