Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ireland"Core Players" Who Are They?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ireland"Core Players" Who Are They?

dolfans

Im curious in an interview Jeff Ireland makes mention of "core players" and he is 2-3 away.

This got me thinking what are the core players on a football team(granted it might be different from team to team) however IMO I believe that these core players are QB,OT,DL(NT in 3-4),pass rusher,CB however if you look at the phins and try to ID the core players I come up with QB(henne),CB(smith-davis) and no others.

Whats more curious is he mentions WR as a core so perhaps he is speaking of Offense core & defense core dont know.

So if anyone has some info on this pass it along.

In closing I have always felt very good football teams are built from the line out and as we look over the phins that has been an approach but history shows that every winning team needs QB,OL,Pass rusher and DB
    so we'll see how it plays out.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NT & 1 ILB and 1 Safety who strike "the fear of God" into the opponent and their own team..., these are missing...
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would think for us it would be NT, WR, and maybe MLB. Just a guess. The only one I am certain on is NT. This regime builds inside out and it is probably one of the most important positions in our scheme.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    QB, RB, FB, OL, DE, NT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS, KR, and PR.

Maybe long snapper too.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake Long is definitely core.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    List names fellas, not positions. Jake Long for sure I agree. Along the OL I would say Carey and Thomas. Brown and Polite at RB. Bess is the only WR. Perhaps Fasano at TE but not convinced yet. Along the DL I would say Starks, Langford, Merling. LB are Wake and Crowder. DB are Smith, Davis, Clemons, Jones, and Bell.

That's 17 I listed as core players that Miami should build around and on. Miami should keep these guys and develop them. These can be the foundation of a championship.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Starks is core in this team for sure.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Think of "core" like apple core..., apple core does not consist of 17 players nor does it consist of 10 players core is 5-6 and Ireland is saying we may be 3 players away from the core..., so temper your expectations...

Ireland's Core current one would think, likely includes Henne, Long and Corners Vontae (potentially SSmith) - Or Irelansd's lost confidence in himself - now Running backs aren't necessarily core - But Ronnie is huge in this offense still- lots of teams use 3-4 very effectively... "Core players" are also the one's you pay the higher prices for..., these aren't interchangeable pieces to the puzzle... You build around these guys...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Starks and langford are core. Smith and Davis are core. Long and Carey at tackle are core. I think Grove is core. Guards I feel like can be replaced easier but very good centers are hard to find. I hope Henne is core.
    We are missing a core TE, core WR, and a core safety. Every great defense in the league right now has a great safety, Reed, Troy P, Bob Sanders ( not a great d but totally different with him in), it is such an important position. With Troy and Bob out those Defenses aren't nearly as good.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DevereauxWilson View Post
    QB, RB, FB, OL, DE, NT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS, KR, and PR.

Maybe long snapper too.

runningback and fullback may not be a big need but , tightend, wr, linebacker , defensive end and nt are defenate need positions.
    Quote Quote