Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Dolphins Vs. Patriots Game Day Thread***

1. -11
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LETS GET EM FINS. SINK THE PATRIOTS BOAT DEEP BENEATH THE OCEAN AND THEY WILL FIND OUT THEY CAN HANG TOUGH WITH US AT OUR HOME. LETS GO DOLPHINS.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Miami Football -Canes and Fins- Forever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we got no shot at this. at all. but, I'm a glutton for punishment and I'll tune in anyway, just to get pissed off some more.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Steamroll the Pats, and my weekend will have been the greatest ever.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope Vonte and Nate Jones bring their A game

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florida looses, Texas wins, my weekend will be complete with a Dolphins win.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Miami Football -Canes and Fins- Forever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's something fishy about the Pats-Fins game

Posted by Mike Florio on December 6, 2009 7:36 AM ET
    Several days ago, multiple readers told us of a discussion on WEEI in Boston regarding the point spread for Week 13's Patriots-Dolphins game.

Apparently, the thing was moving in the direction of the Dolphins, prompting speculation that Tom Brady possibly wasn't removed from Monday night's loss to the Saints because coach Bill Belichick opted not to take a shot at a comeback for the ages, but because he's hurt.

We didn't mention it at the time, in large part because Danny Sheridan's line at USA Today had moved only on one-half point, from the Pats being favored by 6.5 to 6.

But now, one of our most loyal and astute readers, who has done more than enough to secure a free PFT subscription for himself and his heirs, points out that BetUS.com has now taken the game off the board.

We've done some more sleuthing. At BetED.com, one of the lines listed in the Las Vegas Review Journal, the Pats-Dolphins game also can't be found. Ditto for Logans.com.

At SportsBetting.com, Miami is now only getting 3 points.

And Sheridan's line has moved to 4.

As we've explained in the past, the line is aimed only at ensuring that, when the game starts, equal dollars will have been wagered on each team. That way, the house generates its profit from the 11-to-10 ratio that typically applies to the winning wagers.

The line moves toward one team when a disproportionate amount of money is being placed on the other team. And it keeps moving until it reaches a point where the betting is equalized.

In this specific case, something apparently is causing a lot of gamblers to think that the Dolphins are going to win the game, since in the opinion of several of the folks who determine the point spreads nothing is correcting the heavy betting trend toward Miami.

We're mentioning this not because we care about the gambling angle -- we don't. But we realize that many of you do, and we also are intrigued by the possibility that someone has gotten their hands on inside information not reflected on the New England injury report.

For Patriots coach Bill Belichick, it's a matter of strategic advantage. For the NFL, however, it's an issue that potentially undermines the integrity of the game.

And it's another reason why the league staunchly will oppose any efforts to further legalize gambling. With legal sports betting comes accountability, both as to the quality of the game officials and as to the quality of the information provided prior to the games regarding the health status of the players. Eventually, Commissioner Roger Goodell would be sitting once again before the House Judiciary Committee explaining why the officials aren't full-time employees and/or why the injury report doesn't consistently include full information as to the status of all injured players.

In this case, only the health -- or lack thereof -- of quarterback Tom Brady would move the line so dramatically that multiple services would drop the game completely. So we'll be watching this game more closely than we otherwise would have been following it today.
    Brady not playing?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After last week's loss to the Bills, I'm not really looking forward to this game. Without Chad Pennington at QB and all the damned injuries, we're just not the same team as last year. Sad to say, but I'm afraid the Patriots are going to beat us bad today. I guess I'm PRE-bummed even though the game hasn't started yet.

We sure as hell don't have a Moss or a Welker. Having ONE of those guys on our team would be nice. Don't know if Chad Henne is going to be "the answer" to our QB wishes either. He needs to "have the light come on" soon. Us Dolphins fans are STILL waiting as patiently as we can for the "next Marino". Surely Henne realizes that we've been through a LOT of QBs since Marino. He better start flashing some star talent .... SOON.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Polk, La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan23 View Post
    After last week's loss to the Bills, I'm not really looking forward to this game. Without Chad Pennington at QB and all the damned injuries, we're just not the same team as last year. Sad to say, but I'm afraid the Patriots are going to beat us bad today. I guess I'm PRE-bummed even though the game hasn't started yet.

We sure as hell don't have a Moss or a Welker. Having ONE of those guys on our team would be nice. Don't know if Chad Henne is going to be "the answer" to our QB wishes either. He needs to "have the light come on" soon. Us Dolphins fans are STILL waiting as patiently as we can for the "next Marino". Surely Henne realizes that we've been through a LOT of QBs since Marino. He better start flashing some star talent .... SOON.

You do know we were 0-3 and averaging about 10 ppg with Pennington right?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just curious, anyone know who is announcing our game today?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    #1 Oronde Gadsden & Cameron Wake Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Silent Hill!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will hope for the best today being a die hard dolphins fan. My wife says that im am useless after the dolphins lose. She is a Pats fan so i will have to deal with everyone i know throwing it in my face if the Phins lose. God i hope we can pull this out but pats are 21-1 after a loss in recent history.

Cameron Wake Cut auto card i made.

Quote Quote