Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville's No Pass Rush Defense Can Open Up A Henne Explosive Performance

1. -1
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jacksonville's No Pass Rush Defense Can Open Up A Henne Explosive Performance

I was looking over Jacksonville's Defense and noticed they have only 12 Sacks this year. Also this can be attributed to them starting two young defensive ends. But 12 sacks. I guess they aren't bringing the blitz.

Quarterbacks who faired well on the Jaguars that I think are not as good as Chad Henne

Bills Fitzpatrick threw for 297 yards
    49ers Smith threw for 232 yards
    Titans Collins threw 284 yards
    Seahawks Hasselbeck threw 241 yards
    Rams Bulger threw 213 yards
    Chiefs Cassel threw 262 yards
    Jets Sanchez threw 212 yards

So I feel like if he gets it going 300 yards is not out of the question especially with the time he will have in the pocket. 12 sacks is pretty poor but I would never underestimate a defense such as the Jaguars. I hope we give Ricky 20-25 carries and throw a good amount at least 40 attempts.

Prediction Dolphins 27 Jaguars 17
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Should be an intriguing matchup.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jags have no chance of winning. we wont let em.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We better slow MJD down if we want to have a shot.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not sure if MJD will be 100% for the game, he did not practice, however Unless he's dead he'll be on the field Sunday.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It won't be easy for Henne to go over 300 in any game with these WR's. The guy had 52 attaempts last week and only had what 370? So with that average he'd need over 40 attempts to break 300 yards passing.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hasslebeck is a better quarterback than Henne right now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawd2u View Post
    It won't be easy for Henne to go over 300 in any game with these WR's. The guy had 52 attaempts last week and only had what 370? So with that average he'd need over 40 attempts to break 300 yards passing.
    he had 29 completions for 335 yards. he would have to be more accurate to reach 29 completions on 40 attempts, but it's doable.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MJD is one of those guys that takes so much punishment on Sunday that they probably don't even bother with him on Wednesday practice. He goes through a series of massages and whatnot all the way until Sunday when he's back at his loosest and ready to go.

I sure as hell wouldn't count on him being limited.

This will be a tough game because of MJD and Mike Sims-Walker but the Jacksonville defense could have a tough time. I'm glad that Miami got in a game where they ignore the 3 second buzzer and just wait until someone gets open, because they could trust their pass protection against New England's sub-par pass rushers. I'm glad they already did that once and they have the experience of winning the game that way.

I think this game will be a lot like that. Derek Cox is a rookie cornerback. Their other starter is Brackenridge, not a very good corner. Reggie Nelson can play but that's the only guy in the secondary that can be counted on. They need to count on Quentin Groves and Derrick Harvey getting pressure...and that doesn't happen often enough.

This is the way you make up for having such a poor WR unit. You pass protect and just wait long enough for them to get open, and hopefully you have a QB who can be cool under fire, not panic, and who sees the field well enough to find them. What we're finding out I think is that Chad Henne can do that...and when we're not facing a nasty pass rush, we can trust our OL to hold up long enough for him to do it.

This is a risky strategy though. If the pass protection lets up, we'll take sacks this way. And, any time your QB is taking sacks, don't be surprised if the ball comes out on one of them.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    MJD is one of those guys that takes so much punishment on Sunday that they probably don't even bother with him on Wednesday practice. He goes through a series of massages and whatnot all the way until Sunday when he's back at his loosest and ready to go.

I sure as hell wouldn't count on him being limited.

This will be a tough game because of MJD and Mike Sims-Walker but the Jacksonville defense could have a tough time. I'm glad that Miami got in a game where they ignore the 3 second buzzer and just wait until someone gets open, because they could trust their pass protection against New England's sub-par pass rushers. I'm glad they already did that once and they have the experience of winning the game that way.

I think this game will be a lot like that. Derek Cox is a rookie cornerback. Their other starter is Brackenridge, not a very good corner. Reggie Nelson can play but that's the only guy in the secondary that can be counted on. They need to count on Quentin Groves and Derrick Harvey getting pressure...and that doesn't happen often enough.

This is the way you make up for having such a poor WR unit. You pass protect and just wait long enough for them to get open, and hopefully you have a QB who can be cool under fire, not panic, and who sees the field well enough to find them. What we're finding out I think is that Chad Henne can do that...and when we're not facing a nasty pass rush, we can trust our OL to hold up long enough for him to do it.

This is a risky strategy though. If the pass protection lets up, we'll take sacks this way. And, any time your QB is taking sacks, don't be surprised if the ball comes out on one of them.
    isn't that how New England won a couple Super Bowls?
    Quote Quote