Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: President Obama accepts Nobel Peace Prize

  1. -1
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,828
    vCash:
    1498
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

    President Obama accepts Nobel Peace Prize

    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30430.html

    President Barack Obama accepted the Nobel Peace Prize by laying out a detailed case for war, making the argument that the Afghanistan conflict is necessary to keep America and other nations safe.


    “We must begin by acknowledging the hard truth,” Obama said, repeatedly evoking the notion of a “just war.” “We will not eradicate violent conflict in our lifetimes. There will be times when nations — acting individually or in concert — will find the use of force not only necessary but morally justified.”
    Yet the bulk of his address was essentially a meditation on the nature of war. Obama addressed the seeming contradiction of a wartime president receiving a prize for peace, and said that “the instruments of war do have a role to play in preserving the peace.”

    “I understand why war is not popular. But I also know this: the belief that peace is desirable is rarely enough to achieve it,” he said. “Peace requires responsibility. Peace entails sacrifice.”
    Wayward you where right, war is peace.

    Obama was put in a difficult political position, honestly thought he would announce Afpac strategies until after today. Seemed to handle as well as could be expected. And he can now focus on the reasons stated he won the award in fighting global warming, nuclear non-profileation and disarmament. Actually only the first as every President has been non-nuclear profileation and since the Cold War been involved with Russia in reducing nukes. We should just start referring to the Nobel Peace Prize as the the Nobel Global Warming Prize.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Dolphan7's Avatar
    Desert Dolphin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    16,492
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am sure it will look nice on the Mantle.

    Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.




    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    SirDrums's Avatar
    I like big drums and I cannot lie.......

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    2,594
    vCash:
    1609
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    I am sure it will look nice on the Mantle.
    Right next to his "Comunity Organizer of the year" certificate.

    It will be easy to see, it's the only other thing in his trophy cabinet.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,342
    vCash:
    1311
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDrums View Post
    Right next to his "Comunity Organizer of the year" certificate.

    It will be easy to see, it's the only other thing in his trophy cabinet.
    Along with with winning a senate seat, a presidential bid, and changing the atmosphere around the world concerning the US in a positive manner....not bad for a person with his resume...ehh..
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,085
    vCash:
    6917
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    Along with with winning a senate seat, a presidential bid, and changing the atmosphere around the world concerning the US in a positive manner....not bad for a person with his resume...ehh..

    We'll see how long the world keeps getting fooled by his rhetoric. It's not fooling people here anymore.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,342
    vCash:
    1311
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    We'll see how long the world keeps getting fooled by his rhetoric. It's not fooling people here anymore.
    It's not rhetoric D9954, he already shown in his actions, reaching out them..that's not just talk... Do you think he's the kind of guy who's going to start a war just to start one? or tell the rest of the world the hell with them, if they don't do what he wants, or change French Fries to freedom fries if France questions him? Not the same kind of admin, thank God.. Keep paying attention d9954, you'll eventually see the differences...He had to unintangle himself first out of what was there, and as the pass gets more behind him, I think you're see more of the future he wants, which I also think is a better course for our country.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,085
    vCash:
    6917
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    It's not rhetoric D9954, he already shown in his actions, reaching out them..that's not just talk... Do you think he's the kind of guy who's going to start a war just to start one? or tell the rest of the world the hell with them, if they don't do what he wants, or change French Fries to freedom fries if France questions him? Not the same kind of admin, thank God.. Keep paying attention d9954, you'll eventually see the differences...He had to unintangle himself first out of what was there, and as the pass gets more behind him, I think you're see more of the future he wants, which I also think is a better course for our country.

    Have you happen to notice a country called Pakistan that's getting bombed on almost a daily basis? Obama is continuing the Bush's doctrine of undeclared pre-emptive war. You guys are no different than Bush supporters. And hypocrites as well. Basically everything Bush did was wrong. But when Obama does it it's right. And that makes sense how?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    ABrownLamp's Avatar
    The Decider

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    6,330
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Have you happened to notice a country called Pakistan that's getting bombed on almost a daily basis? Obama is continuing the Bush's doctrine of undeclared pre-emptive war.
    Well it's not pre emptive at all when you consider 9/11. It's too little too late is what it is. It's a huge waste of money and time.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,085
    vCash:
    6917
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrownLamp View Post
    Well it's not pre emptive at all when you consider 9/11. It's too little too late is what it is. It's a huge waste of money and time.

    How many Pakistanis attacked us on 9-11?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    ABrownLamp's Avatar
    The Decider

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    6,330
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    How many Pakistanis attacked us on 9-11?
    Talkin about Afghanistan
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-13-2013, 04:18 PM
  2. Some more irony from the Nobel Peace prize.
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 10:23 PM
  3. Obama Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
    By LouPhinFan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
  4. Gore and Limbaugh Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
    By Celtkin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
  5. Sheehan claims she's Nobel Peace Prize finalist
    By CharlestonPhan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 09:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •