Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Vs Xbox360

Hybrid View

1. -1
    I got cut

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

PS3 Vs Xbox360

The wife is letting me knock the dust off my wallet (Wish it was my zipper) and letting me buy a games machine. So the question is, what do i go with?

I have a buddy (yes, it's true) who wants me to go with the PS3 so we can play football against each other on-line, but I am still not sure. During the football game today a add said you can buy a x-box for 100 bucks cheaper than a PS3.

I have never bought a games machine before so any help would be great.
    Hi
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it all depends if you want one just to get on line and play your friends buy xbox, if you want that plays blu ray movies, and games, and use it as a browser, get the ps3, i have both i am more on xbox, because all of my friends have xbox and the on line play is funner there than ps3
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would go with PS3. I have both, and my xbox has been trashy since day one. PSN is not as bad as people advertise it to be, so I would definately go with PS3. It's just an overall better system. Plus xbox live is not free, PSN is.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I got cut

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't really played games like this in about 10 years ..... i think the fact that the on-line play for PS3 is free makes it the one for me. What does it cost for X-box?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its like 50 a year or something for xbox
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have a ps3 my Sn is Jrep429 if anyone wants a game in madden...

I love my Ps3 i have been playing Modern Warfare 2 latley prety dope..

I have a media server set up from my ps3...and i can access my DVR in the other room since it is hooked up to the net...pretty sick...

Not sure if xbox can do that..

I have played madden on both..I think madden is better on 360...

I love the Blu Ray player tho on my PS3..
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    I have a ps3 my Sn is Jrep429 if anyone wants a game in madden...

I love my Ps3 i have been playing Modern Warfare 2 latley prety dope..

I have a media server set up from my ps3...and i can access my DVR in the other room since it is hooked up to the net...pretty sick...

Not sure if xbox can do that..

I have played madden on both..I think madden is better on 360...

I love the Blu Ray player tho on my PS3..
    Hey add me. I'm Miami_Dolphins34
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Knowledge Hunter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I only have an xbox 360 and love the thing to death with the online gaming (modern warfare 2 is insane!). But the PS3 at $300 now which obviously has a blu-ray player is an extremely good deal.

I would have a tough time deciding right now if I had neither of which one to get, but since the majority of the people I play with are on xbox I probably would lean towards that.

The fact that you have to pay for xbox live (to play online) isn't the greatest thing ever but I bought 12 months + 1 free month for $35. I mean compared to PS3's online community (which I personally believe doesn't compare to xbox's) it's worth the 35 bucks.

But if you plan on doing a bunch of other things with your system (like tunaphish mentioned you can do) the PS3 is a lot more flexible in that category. As far as the internet browsing goes, thats the last thing I would want to do on my gaming system since it is a lot more efficient to use my computer, but if you do not have a good computer it is a great substitute. If you don't have a computer it actually can ge the job done. I know a friend of mine did that in college.

But Bobby, I'm assuming your not 89 like your info says, but you mentioned how you haven't played games like this in ten years so I think it's safe to say your a bit older. I would suggest getting your hands on both systems and trying them out for yourself. It's a big jump from what you are used to and expect a long learning curve if your not used to these types of games.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I got cut

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Freezetag View Post
    I only have an xbox 360 and love the thing to death with the online gaming (modern warfare 2 is insane!). But the PS3 at $300 now which obviously has a blu-ray player is an extremely good deal.

I would have a tough time deciding right now if I had neither of which one to get, but since the majority of the people I play with are on xbox I probably would lean towards that.

The fact that you have to pay for xbox live (to play online) isn't the greatest thing ever but I bought 12 months + 1 free month for $35. I mean compared to PS3's online community (which I personally believe doesn't compare to xbox's) it's worth the 35 bucks.

But if you plan on doing a bunch of other things with your system (like tunaphish mentioned you can do) the PS3 is a lot more flexible in that category. As far as the internet browsing goes, thats the last thing I would want to do on my gaming system since it is a lot more efficient to use my computer, but if you do not have a good computer it is a great substitute. If you don't have a computer it actually can ge the job done. I know a friend of mine did that in college.

But Bobby, I'm assuming your not 89 like your info says, but you mentioned how you haven't played games like this in ten years so I think it's safe to say your a bit older. I would suggest getting your hands on both systems and trying them out for yourself. It's a big jump from what you are used to and expect a long learning curve if your not used to these types of games.

Hope that helps a bit.
    yes, a hair younger then 89.

ya, the last game i played a lot was tecmo bowl for Nintendo. great game. bobby humphrey all day. i am really interested in the on-line stuff. but i can see myself taking months inbetween games .... so any kind of a fee would suck for me. that reason alone kinda leans me towards the PS3.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd go with an xbox 360 personally
    Quote Quote