Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Tony getting any consideration for COY?

1. -1
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is Tony getting any consideration for COY?

This is hypothetical, but if we make the playoffs wouldn't Tony need to be a front runner for COY? Loses his starting QB,NT,CB,RB,OLB, and patrick cobbs for the season. Throw in if we win the division again with the league's toughest schedule and Media Slurpfest Tom Bunchen back. He would have to win don't you think?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jim Caldwell will probably win it, but I'm rooting for Tony.
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not sure how Caldwell can't win it, but Tony should at least be in the conversation.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Capitol Heights, Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whooptie damn doo that Caldwell is undefeated with Dungy's players.

Sparano "rallied the troops" from a dysmal and embarrassing 1-15 season prior to him being hired as HC. He implements his own philosophy into a team experiencing rebuilding mode in which he stresses patience and within the third year of the rebuild we'll be competitive.

The learning curve was accelerated IN YEAR ONE by going 11-5 and winning the AFC East division. Now in year 2 having experiencing the most unfortunate of circumstances being bitten by the injury bug we're still competing with the NFL's toughest schedule ( a lose-lose situation I'm sure the media proclaimed). With all that said we're only 1 game out of first with 3 games to go in the regular season.

Since Tony Shades got hosed in winning the award last year when he rightfully should have it isn't even discussion worthy HE BETTER WIN IT THIS YEAR!!!
    I want to see the Miami Dolphins holding the Vince Lombardi Trophy sometime soon before I die, it's been 32 years and counting.

Super Bowl or bust in 2010.

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."

Sholom Aleichem

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."

Robert Byrne
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface95 View Post
    Whooptie damn doo that Caldwell is undefeated with Dungy's players.

Sparano "rallied the troops" from a dysmal and embarrassing 1-15 season prior to him being hired as HC. He implements his own philosophy into a team experiencing rebuilding mode in which he stresses patience and within the third year of the rebuild we'll be competitive.

The learning curve was accelerated IN YEAR ONE by going 11-5 and winning the AFC East division. Now in year 2 having experiencing the most unfortunate of circumstances being bitten by the injury bug we're still competing with the NFL's toughest schedule ( a lose-lose situation I'm sure the media proclaimed). With all that said we're only 1 game out of first with 3 games to go in the regular season.

Since Tony Shades got hosed in winning the award last year when he rightfully should have it isn't even discussion worthy HE BETTER WIN IT THIS YEAR!!!
    This. The Colts go 12-0, 13-0 every year it seems. There's nothing impressive about the Colts doing it yet again. If Sparano wins out and makes the playoffs, I really see no way he can't win it after being snubbed last year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would say Payton is more deserving than Caldwell considering that Saints team was 8-8 last year.

Lewis of the Bengels also deserves a mention, but I dont think Sparano will get a consideration.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    This. The Colts go 12-0, 13-0 every year it seems. There's nothing impressive about the Colts doing it yet again. If Sparano wins out and makes the playoffs, I really see no way he can't win it after being snubbed last year.
    The fact that they do it every year is even MORE impressive. Are you kidding me? Manning is just amazing and he deserves every good thing that comes his way. His is a true professional in every way.

Now as far as COY...ya I think Sparano > Caldwell
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Beastin'

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Commack, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    too many other candidates this year... Caldwell, Payton, Lewis, Childress... it would be tough for Tony though if we made the playoffs winning out our final 5 games im sure he'd get some consideration

Koa Konstrictor
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    too many other candidates this year... Caldwell, Payton, Lewis, Childress... it would be tough for Tony though if we made the playoffs winning out our final 5 games im sure he'd get some consideration
    Those are the top 4 candidates and IMO in voters minds, those are the only 4 that are REALLY gonna get consideration.

U can also say that McDaniels and Norv Turner are probably going to get more votes.

In my opinion, Lewis probably has done the best job. That Bengals team was horrid last year, and he has done wonders with the defense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who cares, awards don't compare to winning games, I don't care who gets the stupid trophy, the only thing I wanna hang on my wall is Miami Dolphins Superbowl champs t-shirts, free with the purchase of a Sports Illustrated recap DVD!
    Quote Quote