Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Is Tony getting any consideration for COY?

  1. -1
    mfish41's Avatar
    It is what it is

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    1,244
    vCash:
    1593
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Is Tony getting any consideration for COY?

    This is hypothetical, but if we make the playoffs wouldn't Tony need to be a front runner for COY? Loses his starting QB,NT,CB,RB,OLB, and patrick cobbs for the season. Throw in if we win the division again with the league's toughest schedule and Media Slurpfest Tom Bunchen back. He would have to win don't you think?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    MP-Omnis's Avatar
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    3,119
    vCash:
    4674
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jim Caldwell will probably win it, but I'm rooting for Tony.
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Lost in the fog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    5,952
    vCash:
    3795
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not sure how Caldwell can't win it, but Tony should at least be in the conversation.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    ghostface95's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    395
    vCash:
    1251
    Loc:
    Capitol Heights, Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whooptie damn doo that Caldwell is undefeated with Dungy's players.


    Sparano "rallied the troops" from a dysmal and embarrassing 1-15 season prior to him being hired as HC. He implements his own philosophy into a team experiencing rebuilding mode in which he stresses patience and within the third year of the rebuild we'll be competitive.


    The learning curve was accelerated IN YEAR ONE by going 11-5 and winning the AFC East division. Now in year 2 having experiencing the most unfortunate of circumstances being bitten by the injury bug we're still competing with the NFL's toughest schedule ( a lose-lose situation I'm sure the media proclaimed). With all that said we're only 1 game out of first with 3 games to go in the regular season.

    Since Tony Shades got hosed in winning the award last year when he rightfully should have it isn't even discussion worthy HE BETTER WIN IT THIS YEAR!!!
    I want to see the Miami Dolphins holding the Vince Lombardi Trophy sometime soon before I die, it's been 32 years and counting.

    Super Bowl or bust in 2010.


    "Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."

    Sholom Aleichem

    "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."

    Robert Byrne
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,009
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface95 View Post
    Whooptie damn doo that Caldwell is undefeated with Dungy's players.


    Sparano "rallied the troops" from a dysmal and embarrassing 1-15 season prior to him being hired as HC. He implements his own philosophy into a team experiencing rebuilding mode in which he stresses patience and within the third year of the rebuild we'll be competitive.


    The learning curve was accelerated IN YEAR ONE by going 11-5 and winning the AFC East division. Now in year 2 having experiencing the most unfortunate of circumstances being bitten by the injury bug we're still competing with the NFL's toughest schedule ( a lose-lose situation I'm sure the media proclaimed). With all that said we're only 1 game out of first with 3 games to go in the regular season.

    Since Tony Shades got hosed in winning the award last year when he rightfully should have it isn't even discussion worthy HE BETTER WIN IT THIS YEAR!!!
    This. The Colts go 12-0, 13-0 every year it seems. There's nothing impressive about the Colts doing it yet again. If Sparano wins out and makes the playoffs, I really see no way he can't win it after being snubbed last year.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    emeraldfin's Avatar
    Gary Speed RIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    4,777
    vCash:
    12
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would say Payton is more deserving than Caldwell considering that Saints team was 8-8 last year.

    Lewis of the Bengels also deserves a mention, but I dont think Sparano will get a consideration.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    foozool13's Avatar
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    4,135
    vCash:
    8754
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    This. The Colts go 12-0, 13-0 every year it seems. There's nothing impressive about the Colts doing it yet again. If Sparano wins out and makes the playoffs, I really see no way he can't win it after being snubbed last year.
    The fact that they do it every year is even MORE impressive. Are you kidding me? Manning is just amazing and he deserves every good thing that comes his way. His is a true professional in every way.

    Now as far as COY...ya I think Sparano > Caldwell
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    arsenal's Avatar
    Beastin'

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    8,477
    vCash:
    1016
    Loc:
    Commack, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    too many other candidates this year... Caldwell, Payton, Lewis, Childress... it would be tough for Tony though if we made the playoffs winning out our final 5 games im sure he'd get some consideration

    Koa Konstrictor
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Kdawg954's Avatar
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    14,774
    vCash:
    3636
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    too many other candidates this year... Caldwell, Payton, Lewis, Childress... it would be tough for Tony though if we made the playoffs winning out our final 5 games im sure he'd get some consideration
    Those are the top 4 candidates and IMO in voters minds, those are the only 4 that are REALLY gonna get consideration.

    U can also say that McDaniels and Norv Turner are probably going to get more votes.

    In my opinion, Lewis probably has done the best job. That Bengals team was horrid last year, and he has done wonders with the defense.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,383
    vCash:
    2600
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who cares, awards don't compare to winning games, I don't care who gets the stupid trophy, the only thing I wanna hang on my wall is Miami Dolphins Superbowl champs t-shirts, free with the purchase of a Sports Illustrated recap DVD!
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Something Tony might need to take this into consideration
    By Bta72dolphins in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 05:46 PM
  2. Take This into Consideration
    By JC in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 12:39 PM
  3. Pennington Worthy of MVP Consideration
    By Fin #10 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 11:59 AM
  4. OL Consideration
    By MadDawg020 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •