There's so many question marks on this team. With alot of young talent, still too many question marks. There's the young cb's that have killed us this year, Gibril Wilson, LB's, kr/punt returner, offensiver/defensive co-ordinator, WR's, Merling and Langford, Henne and then Saprano. Way too many problems too fix in one year and mind you some just can't get it fixed. Sometimes, more so as a player, you are what you are...
- Out of Vontae and S. Smith, Vontae has played considerable better. Both keep getting burnt on long passes. S. Smith doesn't tackle well, seems very soft, his ball skills are in serious question. One thing that get's me irrate about him too is that when the ball is in the air he never turns his head to see where the ball is. What's saving me from saying they have been disasterous this season is for Davis' 5 picks and the fact that he's a go getter and will clean your clock if had the chance. It looks has more potential then Smith. Also in their defence, too many mistakes have come from the safeties and or because Pasqualino still fails to have safety help and not leave these guys alone on one on one coverage. The secondary is our weakest position. Gibril Wilson just seems like he plays more like a LB and is terrible in coverage. One big thing that I think is essential to being a great football player is awareness. Gibril is horrible at it...
- Our LB's not intimidating at all. Taylor is either not use right or age has caught up to him but you see him out there busting his tail and his awareness is pretty high. Porter should of bee thanked for all his sacks last year and sent packing. Wake doesn't start ahead of him cause of his fundamentals, questions about his play against the run and in pass coverage. Well Porter is terrible at both of those. It's what have you done for me lately. Wake should start over him. Crowder is too much hokis pokis. Too many dissapearing acts. Your MLB should average 10 tackles a game, he should be flying everywhere. Lacks awareness. Along with many, this position will be a huge need in the off-season. Talking about disappearing acts, Merling and Langford have gone awol!! What do they call it, the sophomore jinx. Sorry to tell you guys this but these guys are just plug ins. They might turn out to be decent players but I don't see any of them being starters for the next 4-5-6 years.
-Ginn as a Kick returner, not good. Despite his return's for touchdowns, he's too soft. Doesn't want to get hit and doesn't run at full speed. Bess is slow as molasses (probably didn't spell that right) He can't return a punt. This is a position I think the coaches have failed miserably to fix.
- Our co-ordinators should be fired. Defensively it's either two things. Pasqualuoni has not figured out the strength of his personnel and coach to there strength or the personnel is overrated. Something has got to give. Offensively too many uncharacteristic play calls in games that now seem normal to us. The reason Henning won't be dumped is I'm sure the brass would want Henne to continue his development without having to learn a new offense.
- Sparano is too much of a cheer leader and sometimes get's too excited to where, he loses track as a coach during games. Bogus timeouts being called or not being called, asking for a timeout when his team retrieved possession on a turnover where the clock automatically stops. Allowing some play calls to be called that are very much in question and the overall play of his defence. The slow start in the season. blowing leads (IND,NO) in games and so on. Someone has to be held accountable.
- Finally Henne. We need to chill, he is not our future QB for the next 10 years, yet! Too many things that still need to be figured out by him. Yes he has a lazer. But he needs alot of work on touch passes, sometimes he needs to take some of that zip off. His awareness to me is massively in question and I think this is his major opsticle. He stares down his recievers, and it's obvious enough that he decides where he's throwing the ball before the snap. The problem with that is that he can't read defense's. His pocket pressence is good but his awareness in reading defence and his IQ to be able to go through his progressions is his major opsticles. His INT's are way too much, I get that same feeling I used to get while watching Jay Fiedler play, just saying to myself, ok when is his INT coming.
- There's also the WR's but I have alot to say about that but I think it has been discussed enough to these boards. I'll say one thing though, they are what they are and their doing the best of what abilities they have. Not enough though....The positives to me are the offensive line, (Jake Long). Ronnie Brown, Polite, Ricky but the Ricky who split time not the Ricky getting the load. Too many fumbles and he will cost you at some point and Randy Starks.
- Too many holes and if we get into the playoffs with all these holes consider it a bonus.