Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLS Cup 2003

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks

MLS Cup 2003

Next Sunday's MLS Cup will feature the Chicago Fire going up against the San Jose Earthquakes. Luckily the Fins play on Sunday night next week so I will be able to watch the game! Landon Donovan got the Quakes into the final by scoring a golden goal in extra time to defeat the Kansas City Wizards. Chris Armas did the same for the Fire, scoring for them in extra time to beat the New England Revolution.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do not really care about this nor do I really care about MLS...but I will probably watch to see who scores. I'll go for SJ...who you going for Ice?

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chicago will probably win. They have two pretty good strikers (in MLS standards) in Damani Ralph and Ante Razov. Ralph is a rookie and he was recently capped by Jamaica. He has a lot of talent. The Fire also have some pretty good midfielders in Beasley, Armas, etc. They also have the man, Carlos Bocanegra, in defense. I think they are just a better team than San Jose. The Fire won't be as good next year since Bocanegra's contract is up and he will definitely get a contract in Europe and Beasley may get signed as well (I think Beasley's contract is up at the end of next year but a bunch of teams in the past year or so have had interest), so in a way this is the Fire's last chance to win for a while.

I don't really care who wins, but I think Chicago will win. They are just simply the better team.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bocanegra is the man, but still not better than Pope, Sanneh, Mastroeni...and my boy Frankie Hejduk
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Somebody kick Huizenga for me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami - Kendall
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When is the final, day and time?

I also heard on Pardon the Interruption that the MLS is planning on extending bids for expansion. That must be a good sign for the MLS, hopefully. Dude, I HOPE Miami gets a team, but this time M-I-A-M-I, and not north FT. Lauderdale but lets call it Miami Fusion, that was real stupid. Miami has a strong soccer base with all the Hispanics here. I wish they could play in the Orange bowl or Pro-player once the Marlins get their own stadium.
    YOU STAY TO WIN THE GAME
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami is NOT getting an MLS team. The owner of Chivas (Mexican club) is getting an expansion team, and they will play in either San Diego or Houston (most likely San Diego). MLS is also planning on having a second expansion team, and Rochester is the leading candidate. Their A-League team gets 10,000 people a game and they are very close to starting the construction of a soccer specific stadium.

Miami will not have an MLS for a long time. There are other cities (Houston, San Diego, Rochester, Cleveland, Seattle, etc.) that are more likely to get MLS teams.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Prime Time
    Bocanegra is the man, but still not better than Pope, Sanneh, Mastroeni...and my boy Frankie Hejduk
    Ummmmmm......no.

Sanneh may never play again. He is still injured. Frankie Hejduk isn't even that good in MLS. Mastroeni and Pope are both good but no one in Europe is planning on getting either of them, while Bocanegra will play in Europe next year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Somebody kick Huizenga for me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami - Kendall
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by iceblizzard69
    Miami is NOT getting an MLS team. The owner of Chivas (Mexican club) is getting an expansion team, and they will play in either San Diego or Houston (most likely San Diego). MLS is also planning on having a second expansion team, and Rochester is the leading candidate. Their A-League team gets 10,000 people a game and they are very close to starting the construction of a soccer specific stadium.

Miami will not have an MLS for a long time. There are other cities (Houston, San Diego, Rochester, Cleveland, Seattle, etc.) that are more likely to get MLS teams.
    Gee thanks for totally squashing my hopes of getting an MLS team in my hometown. :cry: But seriously, Miami-Dade got so ripped off with the Miami Fusion, I live in a Miami suburb and I probably had to drive like 2+ hours if I wanted to see the Fusion play in north of Ft. Lauderdale, and then the audacity to call that team 'Miami Fusion'. It should have been called 'Middle of Nowhere Fusion'. And then they eliminate the team because of poor attendance. Well if they would have played in MIAMI then maybe people would have gone. Anyways I wish the best of luck to any city in the States getting a new team, I think it would great for the sport. BTW, whats the A-league? And whatever happened to Tampa Bay Mutiny?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Dolfan02

Gee thanks for totally squashing my hopes of getting an MLS team in my hometown. :cry: But seriously, Miami-Dade got so ripped off with the Miami Fusion, I live in a Miami suburb and I probably had to drive like 2+ hours if I wanted to see the Fusion play in north of Ft. Lauderdale, and then the audacity to call that team 'Miami Fusion'. It should have been called 'Middle of Nowhere Fusion'. And then they eliminate the team because of poor attendance. Well if they would have played in MIAMI then maybe people would have gone. Anyways I wish the best of luck to any city in the States getting a new team, I think it would great for the sport. BTW, whats the A-league? And whatever happened to Tampa Bay Mutiny?
    A-League is the second best league in the country behind MLS.

The problem with the Fusion is that they couldn't play in Miami. If they were able to use a stadium in Miami, then they may have not have had that problem. Instead, they didn't play in Miami, and no one showed up, so the MLS pulled the plug. The MLS was not going to keep a team around that couldn't get a stadium in Miami to play in and had no fan support. Tampa Bay got contracted at the same time Miami did.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sanneh is still hurt? When is he due back? Mastroeni could go to Europe...COULD! Pope is on the older side so your right about him and Hejduk has played damn good for the squad and has played in Europe...and at least he was at the WC.
    Quote Quote