Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone want to discuss Baseball?

1. -1
    The Shark

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Does anyone want to discuss Baseball?

I know this is off topic and is probably going to get moved, but I was wondering if anyone in here is as big of a baseball fan as I am? I'm really looking forward to seeing how this season goes. Hopefully the labor disputes don't cause another strike, and here's hoping Jeff Loria works more for Miami and the Marlins than Boneheaded Previous Owner John Henry did.
    Formerly Dolphins13Fan

GIFSoup
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You mean the boneheaded owner of my favorite team, the Red Sox?
    As with football, I'm a narrow minded fan, if it doesn't have something to do with MY team, I really don't care, unless it's on fire. So, I'm really not informed enough on the labor dispute to say much about it. Sorry.
    I do want to say that I am looking forward to this season with much greater hope than ever before as a Boston fan, much like the Dolphins(does that keep this thread in the Dolphin talk section?), the Red Sox seem to have made all the right moves in the offseason and look like strong contenders. The Yanks are strong but long in the tooth. They have also lost some key players to retirement and FAcy so they are going to be a different team at least. I know they'll just reload, but at least there is a chink in the armor.
    Hey it's spring training, this is the traditional time of year for the Red Sox to think about winning the World Series.
    I don't think I could live past this year if the Sox win the Series and the Fins win the Super Bowl. Why live? It couldn't get any better.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I am a huge Mariners fan and as you can tell by my avatar I am a Mariners fan. I love to see the Yankees lose by the way.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Welcome to Miami Daunte!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

inFINSible..............

Originally posted by inFINSible
    You mean the boneheaded owner of my favorite team, the Red Sox?
    As with football, I'm a narrow minded fan, if it doesn't have something to do with MY team, I really don't care, unless it's on fire. So, I'm really not informed enough on the labor dispute to say much about it. Sorry.
    I do want to say that I am looking forward to this season with much greater hope than ever before as a Boston fan, much like the Dolphins(does that keep this thread in the Dolphin talk section?), the Red Sox seem to have made all the right moves in the offseason and look like strong contenders. The Yanks are strong but long in the tooth. They have also lost some key players to retirement and FAcy so they are going to be a different team at least. I know they'll just reload, but at least there is a chink in the armor.
    Hey it's spring training, this is the traditional time of year for the Red Sox to think about winning the World Series.
    I don't think I could live past this year if the Sox win the Series and the Fins win the Super Bowl. Why live? It couldn't get any better.

If any team deserves a world series championship, it's the Red Sox. I'm a Braves fan personally, and I even want a salary cap put in place to give every team in baseball a fair chance to win. I hate the Yankees with a passion and hate the fact that they can just buy a ring year after year! I hope the Sox will take the AL championship though.
    Welcome to Miami Jason, Derek, Joe, Devin, Rodrique, and Fred!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude, with a lineup of Johnny Damon Leading off, followed by last years' team MVP, Trot Nixon, Nomar batting Third, Manny at clean up, Tony Clark fifth, Varitek 6th,Shea Hillenbrand 7th Brian Daubach at DH, and Offerman, Baerga, or Rey Sanchez ninth, and rickey Henderson, Doug Mirabelli, and two of the three second basemen i mentioned coming offf the bench, this team is loaded on offense.
    I could get into the defense and pitching too but trust me when I tell you that we are improved there as well.
    I am just as psyched about the Red Sox as I am the Fins.
    Go Red Sox!
    Go Dolphins!
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Certified HogPhin Trainer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

red birds

CARDINALS IN 2002
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Cheerleader

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by aqua&orange54
    I even want a salary cap put in place to give every team in baseball a fair chance to win. I hate the Yankees with a passion and hate the fact that they can just buy a ring year after year!
    I TOTALLY agree!! :mad: I'm a Marlin fan since the beginning, but honestly, baseball is my 4th favorite sport.
    ***Unleash the Killer DOLPHINS***
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by miadphan13

I TOTALLY agree!! :mad: I'm a Marlin fan since the beginning, but honestly, baseball is my 4th favorite sport.
    what's 2nd & 3rd favorite ?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Cheerleader

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Mike....

1) Football: Dolphins
    2) Basketball: Orlando Magic
    3) Hockey: Pittsburgh Penguins
    4) Baseball: Marlins

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Shark

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Red Sox

Originally posted by inFINSible
    Dude, with a lineup of Johnny Damon Leading off, followed by last years' team MVP, Trot Nixon, Nomar batting Third, Manny at clean up, Tony Clark fifth, Varitek 6th,Shea Hillenbrand 7th Brian Daubach at DH, and Offerman, Baerga, or Rey Sanchez ninth, and rickey Henderson, Doug Mirabelli, and two of the three second basemen i mentioned coming offf the bench, this team is loaded on offense.
    I could get into the defense and pitching too but trust me when I tell you that we are improved there as well.
    I am just as psyched about the Red Sox as I am the Fins.
    Go Red Sox!
    Go Dolphins!
    Dustin Hermanson and Burkett were solid additions too. Hopefully Pedro is back at 100 percent, but at even 80 percent he's better than most of the pitchers in baseball. Boston could easily challenge the Yankees this year (I hate em too..). Even though they added every free agent in site (Giambi, Rondell White), they lost some quality players in O Neill and Tino.

Anyone here do the fantasy baseball thing?
    Quote Quote