Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rich get Richer and we stay the same

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Rich get Richer and we stay the same

The Jets signed Brodney Pool today and also acquired Cromartie in the trade. Cromartie should excel in the Jets D. And Pool with exception of gettin a concussion everytime he leaves the house is a really good safety. The Jets only gave up 153 yards passing a game last year and just got better if thats possible. And now they are looking to sign Tomlinson whom I think still has something left in the tank. Why does it seem like they are running away with the division. They win and will win because they arent afraid to spend money to get talent. They have the right owner and front office in place. I also wouldnt be surprised to see them go after Brandon Marshall as well.

Im not saying we should sign every free agent on the market but we have holes that the draft isnt going to fill. Boldin and a 5th for a 3rd and 4th was a no brainer by Baltimore. Atogwe not being talked to yet is a huge mistake. Cutting Gibril Wilson who can play before we had a back up plan was not a great move. But I am glad that we didnt sign Bryant. He has not proven that he can contribute on an every game basis. Antrel Rolle and Ryan Clark can make plays but lack coverage skills. They are basically Gibril Wilson with more zeros on their paycheck.

I like drafting and building a team that way but there is noone in the draft at #12 that will compare to Marshall. He is proven and is a big time wr. Dez will not be as good as Marshall. Dan Williams , McClain, Earl Thomas . I dont care what name you throw out there they are Brandon Marshall and wont make the difference he can. BP always wants to sign no name bench warmers and make them Pro Bowl caliber but it just doesnt work that way. He has been in the league long enough to know what it takes to win. Bess as your #1 is not the way. Cutting your starting S when you dont have one is insane.This is the same old story every year with the same ending. will it ever change or are we doomed to fail year after year.Only time will tell but i feel like Nostradamus.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hoof Hearted

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know if I would consider signing Pool as an upgrade.
    2014 Mock:
    1) Ryan Shazier LB
    2) Tre Mason RB
    3) Joe Bitonio OT/OG
    4) Billy Turner OT
    5) Trai Turner OG
    6) Gabe Ikard OC/OG
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newlownorder View Post
    I don't know if I would consider signing Pool as an upgrade.
    I don't think so either. He is also a big risk with the amount of concussions he has had. Just look at Zach with the amount of concussions he has had he still can't see straight.

"THE AM CREW - THE JOLLIEST ***HOLES THIS SIDE OF THE NUT HOUSE." - Possum

Member formerly known as phinfan999.

Official First Runner up of the "I did not make the 2010 Finheaven March Madness so i made my own" Tournament.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dream Phins Draft (As of 5/6):
    1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Ju'Waun James 4. De'Anthony Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Brandon Linder 7. Nevin Lawson
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Art Damage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ANd here we go...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Can we just have one thread who's subject is negativity about not signing a ton of free agents as well as comparing what the Phins do to other teams in the league?

This board is starting to get repetitive and polluted with the same material.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Can we just have one thread who's subject is negativity about not signing a ton of free agents as well as comparing what the Phins do to other teams in the league?

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post

This!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our FO knows what they're doing, relax we don't have to rush everything.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I stopped reading when I realized you were talking about the jets being "rich". They continue to add players who lack talent, heart or health and everyone seems frightened. Meanwhile, Thomas Jones (1402 yards, 14 TD's) leaves town and all anyone can talk about is how old he is. Shonn Greene had a few decent games but I hardly saw enough to think he will replace a talent like Jones and the offense will be unaffected. To give you an idea, only 3 RB's last year topped 1400 yards and only 4 had 14 TD's or more. You can't automatically expect Greene will put up those type of elite numbers. Their offense is in a world of hurt.
    Quote Quote