Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Famer Mike Singletary expects Karlos Dansby to thrive under Mike Nolan

1. -21
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsDefense View Post
    The hatred by some on here of Rex is borderline psychotic!!

So you guys must be real pissed we are going to be on Hard Knocks this summer on HBO!! Now...if you like the show you have to listen to him.

Although I dont live there so i dont hear all the Jets talk on the Miami radio but if I were you I suppose it would piss me off too. Hey when the Jets were kicking butt up here I had to listen to Mike Francesa talk about Eli Mannings plantar facitis everyday.
    While this is very true, I kinda like it. It ignites the fire in my belly and reminds me of all the amazing Phins-Jets games in the history of the league.

I wish there were more rivalries as storied as ours. Also, I think with the new era of both franchises starting so close to each other, the rivalry will continue for a long time.

On a side note, everyone who sees this ought to follow the following link and vote for Ricky_Fan34 for FHMM... He stands for upholding the Parcells/Sparano dream regime.

http://www.finheaven.com/f137/fh-march-madness-yepremain-bracket-16-joe-r-vs-9-rickyfan34-a-272686.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinAtic8480 View Post
    JetsDefense you can keep your Hardknocks, what matters is the Fins have beat you three straight games and took the Division away from you.
    I never said I was excited about Hard Knocks...and dude...

As I have said on here before...what happened last year or the year before means nothing. Its over...its about the upcoming season. When you talk about things you did last year or even the year before its just pointless.

I could sit here and say yea...you took the division and beat us 3 straight times but mean while we won two road playoff games...you won none and we got to an AFC Champ. game.

But really who cares now??
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehaze View Post
    Mark my word's buttfumble will implode again once they actually start letting him throw the ball.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The hatred by some on here of Rex is borderline psychotic!!

So you guys must be real pissed we are going to be on Hard Knocks this summer on HBO!! Now...if you like the show you have to listen to him.

Although I dont live there so i dont hear all the Jets talk on the Miami radio but if I were you I suppose it would piss me off too. Hey when the Jets were kicking butt up here I had to listen to Mike Francesa talk about Eli Mannings plantar facitis everyday.
    Two things:

First, this is a Miami Dolphins fansite, after all. Would you expect anything less?

Second, since the guy runs his yap more than Joey Porter you would expect for a lot of fans, to take an instant dislike to this guy. If Rex Ryan was a wrestler (he's larger than Yokozuna ever was), he would be the classic "heel." The guy fans LOVE to hate.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would agree with you, but you a JETS fans, lol.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryville, TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread does not help when you are already so excited for the season to start. Don't get me wrong that is great to hear that other teams see great stuff happening in Miami.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never said I was excited about Hard Knocks...and dude...

As I have said on here before...what happened last year or the year before means nothing. Its over...its about the upcoming season. When you talk about things you did last year or even the year before its just pointless.

I could sit here and say yea...you took the division and beat us 3 straight times but mean while we won two road playoff games...you won none and we got to an AFC Champ. game.

But really who cares now??

Thats fine, but in head-to-head matchups we are on a streak. Rex has a grudge for this and if you guys lose to us in your first game, fatso will probaly burt into tears.(again)

Proud WR of the Lowell Noreasters AAA semi-pro football team. #19

Proud Firefighter.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Singletary Speaks Highly Of Nolan And Davis

"Mike Nolan is one of the finest defensive coaches in the league. I know Mike real well and know he'll do a real good job," said Singletary, who played for the legendary Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan in Chicago when he was with the Bears. "The thing about Mike Nolan is he has a tremendous work ethic. He's very bright in terms of looking at personnel and he really gets deep into personalities and really tries to utilize the personalities on the defenses, making sure those guys who have the talent, he lets them know, 'Hey, I'm going to call your number.' He will challenge a guy to be the best he can be. He understands some of the things that players need to have and sometimes the selfishness you have to deal with players who might not be getting their number called as much as they would like."

As for one of the up and coming players on Miami's roster, rookie cornerback Vontae Davis, Singletary thinks highly of him as well and not just because Davis' older brother, Vernon, plays tight end for the Niners. Singletary interviewed Davis coming out of college and was considering him among those players he might want to draft last year.

"I remember meeting Vontae last year and having the chance to interview him for the first time and it was fun," Singletary said. "He's a likeable kid, a fun-loving kid. It doesn't take you very long to realize that he's Vernon's brother, but he's a good kid and I'm excited about what he's going to bring to Mike Nolan's defense. He's a guy that has all the tools. Last year he was the corner in the draft. He can tackle. He can run with anybody and he's a big, physical guy.
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/20...r-notes-part-5
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who was that user who had a mancrush on Mike Singletary? I bet he'd like this thread.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    singletary has a man crush on alot of the things the fins have been doing lately. maybe when he loses his job he will hope on board as an assistant
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like singletary a lot, one of my favorite coaches in the league, maybe he will jump ships? i like him better than Sporano, thts for sure. Nolan+Singletary+New offensive coordinator+BP+Ireland= AMAZING.
    Quote Quote