Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Current starting LB's

  1. -1
    matt11390's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,600
    vCash:
    6138
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Current starting LB's

    As it is today ... still before the draft ... it seems Miami's starting LB's are Wake, Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson. I was looking at the roster and noticed how similar they are. All four are listed at 250 lbs. Anderson and Dansby are 6'4, Wake is 6'3, and Crowder is 6'2. Wake is the only one who played outside the SEC in college. Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson are all within a year of each other in their age being 27, 28, and 28 respectivly while Wake is the youngest at 23.

    I know we need LB's in the draft and I am not advocating not drafting defense but Miami has a pretty decent looking corp of LB's. It will be interesting how Dansby's level of play will effect the others. Wake is up and coming and the other 3 are in their prime. So we shall see what happens come draft day but IMO Miami is not as desparate for LB help as many of us keep talking about.

    By the way, Torbor is 6'2 250lbs out of Auburn and the same age as Crowder. Folsom is the youngest and smallest at 6'3 230lbs and Walden is 6'2 250lbs. Of course these last two are our special teamers. Realistically Miami only has 5 LB's that will see the field beyond special teams so Miami will be drafting at least one or two more.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Sean0617's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    76
    vCash:
    1055
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wake is actually 28 years old.
    How many more years am I able to say THIS IS THE YEAR?????
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    931
    vCash:
    1112
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As things stand Moses is ahead of Wake at OLB
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Delfin 22's Avatar
    Master of the Force

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    357
    vCash:
    1154
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Naaa.....Wake is far better than moses..
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    931
    vCash:
    1112
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfin 22 View Post
    Naaa.....Wake is far better than moses..
    Wasn't my opinion - simply a statement of fact. Moses was in the outside linebacker rotation last season, Wake wasn't
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,152
    vCash:
    7924
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Phibes View Post
    Wasn't my opinion - simply a statement of fact. Moses was in the outside linebacker rotation last season, Wake wasn't
    Uhhh no. Moses only had 48 snaps last year, Wake had over 100 snaps and almost 20 QB pressures, Moses had 0. Wake's way better OLB



    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    931
    vCash:
    1112
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Uhhh no. Moses only had 48 snaps last year, Wake had over 100 snaps and almost 20 QB pressures, Moses had 0. Wake's way better OLB
    Uhhh yes. Wake played only 4 or 5 snaps at OLB (in the Buccs game Porter was suspended for) - the rest were at DE (hand in the dirt) as a situational pass rusher
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,152
    vCash:
    7924
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Phibes View Post
    Uhhh yes. Wake played only 4 or 5 snaps at OLB (in the Buccs game Porter was suspended for) - the rest were at DE (hand in the dirt) as a situational pass rusher
    Wake is the better pass rushing OLB between the two, Moses is nothing more than a potential ridden player. Wake has the better skills between the two. & in that bucs game he had more pressures & sacks than Moses all year long.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2010
    Posts:
    28
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who gives a **** who the starters are right now...... we are months from the preseason, wake looked good whatever position he was lined up at last year, Mosses didn't look bad either, but really dudes, does it matter if it says he's a starting OLB or a DE???? Don't put so much into their positions, if his hand is in the dirt and he's rushing the QB or if he's standing up doing it.... doesn't matter, just as long as he's doing it good!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    miamiron's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    7,779
    vCash:
    512
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    As it is today ... still before the draft ... it seems Miami's starting LB's are Wake, Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson. I was looking at the roster and noticed how similar they are. All four are listed at 250 lbs. Anderson and Dansby are 6'4, Wake is 6'3, and Crowder is 6'2. Wake is the only one who played outside the SEC in college. Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson are all within a year of each other in their age being 27, 28, and 28 respectivly while Wake is the youngest at 23.

    I know we need LB's in the draft and I am not advocating not drafting defense but Miami has a pretty decent looking corp of LB's. It will be interesting how Dansby's level of play will effect the others. Wake is up and coming and the other 3 are in their prime. So we shall see what happens come draft day but IMO Miami is not as desparate for LB help as many of us keep talking about.

    By the way, Torbor is 6'2 250lbs out of Auburn and the same age as Crowder. Folsom is the youngest and smallest at 6'3 230lbs and Walden is 6'2 250lbs. Of course these last two are our special teamers. Realistically Miami only has 5 LB's that will see the field beyond special teams so Miami will be drafting at least one or two more.
    Your trying to spin a positive outlook to a very inexperienced group.Dansby should be a fantastic upgrade over Akin...then what do we have
    Anderson with 17 tackles
    Walden with 8
    Folsum with 1
    Moses with 6
    Crowder with 52(his worst year in the NFL)
    Wake with 23 tackles(many special teams)

    Other than Dansby,we have a group of question marks...could they step up...possible

    God help us if Dansby goes down with the rest of these linebackers as they stand
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 353
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 11:44 AM
  2. Starting A Rookie QB vs. Starting A Veteran QB?
    By 72TributeBike in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM
  3. Where does Henne rank among current starting QBs?
    By hugoguzman in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 12:38 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 06:32 AM
  5. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •