Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Quitting smoking

1. -1
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Question Quitting smoking

hey so do any of you guys smoke i've been trying to quit doing the whole cold turkey thing, ive tried a few times this year but i just never manage to stick to it. the long drives to school and the long work hours are usually what make me cave. i also cant help waking up and wanting one with a cup of coffee ya know? anyway just wondering if anyone here has successfully quit cold turkey and how you went about doing it? especially when people around you smoke? Granted i am not a pack a day smoker ill have maybe 4-5 a day but thats still pretty bad and it adds up. I've been looking to clean my diet up a bit and try to start working out, i'm not really in any kind of bad shape, but theres definitely some potential im not maximizing and i know i would feel a lot better if i cleaned it all up. did you all start eating a lot more when you quit smoking? i mean i find that when i have tried to quit i just replace the stoges with excessive food, especially at the wrong times, and also coffee and stuff. thanks for any advice
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patches DO work.

Get to Walgreens and start with the highest mg patch they have. I think it's 21mg. Start there and drop down to 14mg when you're done with the 21mg box.

Quitting isn't easy and even on the patch you're gonna want to smoke. I suggest picking up a few Black and Milds to satisfy your cravings. Black and Milds are strong so you'll only need to take a few drags. You'll soon find out that the majority of the habit is just the hand to mouth motion.

If you really want to quit, you'll quit.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Be prepared to gain weight..Most ppl do..I will smoke a few here and there maybe 1 or 2 a month just like having cup of coffee to me..

Have you tried any other form of nicotine like dip?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its all about breaking habit IMO. Like when you take a break in work or after a class in college or after dinner or when your out having a drink.

What I am doing is focus on breaking one at a time. I started 6 months ago (was smoking 20 a day) and now I'm down to only having a few when I'm drinking. So that would be my advice.

Best of luck.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you really only smoke four or five a day, it should be easy to quit. I used to use smokeless tobacco and smoke and I quit both cold turkey. The key I think to quitting is really wanting to quit. I have not used any tobacco for of any sort for over ten years now. I can't even stand to be around someone smoking anymore.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Be prepared to gain weight..Most ppl do..I will smoke a few here and there maybe 1 or 2 a month just like having cup of coffee to me..

Have you tried any other form of nicotine like dip?
    No way should you trade one for the other. That about like saying you quit smoking crack but I starting using heroin to do it.
    Quote Quote