Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: SI's Tony Pauline talks Dolphins draft

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

SI's Tony Pauline talks Dolphins draft

Three players who seem to intrigue the Dolphins NT Dan Williams, G Mike Iupati and S Earl Thomas were the names offered when we asked Sports Illustrated draft guru Tony Pauline Monday morning to name the three guys whose stock has risen most in the weeks leading up to the draft.

When we asked the opposite question, to name three players whose stock has fallen, the answers were equally intriguing: NT Terrence Cody, WR Dez Bryant and S Taylor Mays.

While Williams seems to be a good fit for a Dolphin team in need of a nose tackle, Iupati has to be intriguing in light of the Justin Smiley situation. With Smiley on the trade block and no starting left guard on the roster, the notion of putting Iupati alongside Jake Long and having the left side of the O-line set for years to come has to be tempting.

Thomas is equally intriguing. Rated the No. 7 prospect in the draft by Scouts.com Mel Kiper has him 12th on his big board Thomas could step in at free safety and give Miami one of the best young secondary units in the NFL.

Pauline has Williams going to Miami at No. 12 in his latest mock draft.
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...thomas-rising/
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hoof Hearted

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To me OLB is a bigger need than FS right now. However, at 12 I think Earl Thomas is a better player than Morgan, JPP, Graham or Kindle, all of which is highly arguable based on peoples personal opinions. I personally think Thomas has more upside than those OLB mentioned, but his size does concern me as to being able to hold up physically and not get injured in the NFL. With Morgan I'm concerned about his ability to transition to OLB, with JPP I'm concerned that he's a one year wonder, with Graham I'm concerned that he has limited upside and Kindle I'm concerned about his ability to play the run.
    2014 Mock:
    1) Ryan Shazier LB
    2) Tre Mason RB
    3) Joe Bitonio OT/OG
    4) Billy Turner OT
    5) Trai Turner OG
    6) Gabe Ikard OC/OG
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do agree Iupati and Long...that's a lot of beef on one side, that can open a lot of holes

Interesting
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AllFinsAllDay View Post
    I do agree Iupati and Long...that's a lot of beef on one side, that can open a lot of holes

Interesting
    Dolphins don't need Lupati, they have Nate Garner at 6'7 and 325 pounds just remember the hole they opened during the Panthers game for Ricky.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's true I wouldn't be too thrilled since we are picking at 12. If we did not have a lot of holes to fill it would be a nice pick.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newlownorder View Post
    To me OLB is a bigger need than FS right now. However, at 12 I think Earl Thomas is a better player than Morgan, JPP, Graham or Kindle, all of which is highly arguable based on peoples personal opinions. I personally think Thomas has more upside than those OLB mentioned, but his size does concern me as to being able to hold up physically and not get injured in the NFL. With Morgan I'm concerned about his ability to transition to OLB, with JPP I'm concerned that he's a one year wonder, with Graham I'm concerned that he has limited upside and Kindle I'm concerned about his ability to play the run.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. We need OLB help the most but the talent level suggests it needs to be taken care of in the 2nd and/or 3rd. E.Thomas, D.Bryant and even CJ.Spiller are way more talented then any OLB we could pick at 12.
    Draft:
    1/ C.J. Mosley ILB
    2/ A.Seferian-Jenkins TE
    3/ C.Hyde RB
    4/ J.Hurst OT
    Quote Quote