Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Eckhart Tolle an Oprah fave critics call anti-Christ

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Eckhart Tolle an Oprah fave critics call anti-Christ

Religious critics have called him the Antichrist for claiming you can save yourself, no God or Jesus required. Secular critics call his ideas and looping ways with language New Age twaddle.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/religio...lle15_CV_N.htm
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Not trying to bust anyones chops but shouldnt this be posted in the religion section of the site? It does not bother me that its here or to discuss it it just seems like it is in the wrong area.

I will adress this topic only because it does find its way into our political discussions. I am as devout of an athesist you will ever find.

I do not beilieve in spirtits, souls, gods, heaven, hell or any other faith based concept. I believe dead is dead. I do not subscribe to the concept of entering into an afterlife and facing an arbitrator who makes a moral judgement upon my life here that will dictate where I reside in the afterlife. I do have a limited belief in karma but only it does not extend beyond a mathamatical equation of probability. That is a very basic summary of my belief. I do not ask that any of you agree with me only that you repect my right to have my beliefs.

In turn it means that if I expect to be given that respect from all of you I must also extend that same respect to all of you also. It is not my place to try to convince you that your belief system is wrong. Provided neither of our beliefs are imposed onto one another then there is no reason we can not coexist with each other peacefully.

I have no issue with religious leaders disagreeing with this guy, but to call him the antichrist is a taking it too far. That kind of language should be refrained from being used. Atheists should also practice the same restraints in not making sensalistic attacks on the church. Agree to disagree and show each other respect.

I will tell you in all honesty that my assement of most religion is that it offers people positive moral structure and is not the worst thing we have influencing society. Same can be said for Athesism, it is not a danger to society. The danger from both lies in corrupt leaders. The philosphies are fine. Anyone ever interested in having a calm and reasonable discussion on the existence of god, etc...... Hit me up and I will be more then happy to explain my perspective and eually interested to learn and understand yours.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Both religions and secularists are his critics? Like this guy. Besides, we should all trust in Oprah almighty.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please moved this thread to the Religion Forum... Thanks!
    Last edited by BAMAPHIN 22; 04-16-2010 at 05:20 AM.
    Quote Quote