• If the Dolphins take an outside linebacker Friday, possibilities include Texas' Sergio Kindle, Southern California's Everson Griffen, Utah's Koa Misi, UF's Jermaine Cunningham, Clemson's Ricky Sapp, Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds, Northwestern's Corey Wootton, Ohio State's Thaddeus Gibson and South Carolina's Eric Norwood.
Mel Kiper projects Miami to take Norwood at No. 73; though he's productive, he's slightly shorter than Miami's preference at just under 6-1.
• If the Dolphins take a safety at No. 73, analysts believe at least some from this group should be available: Georgia's Reshad Jones, LSU's Chad Jones, Georgia Tech's Morgan Burnett, UF's Major Wright and Kansas' Darrell Stuckey.
• Miami also wants a backup cornerback to replace Nate Jones, who signed with Denver. Auburn's Walter McFadden, Kansas State's Joshua Moore and Maryland's Nolan Carroll had private sessions with the Dolphins in recent weeks.
• The Dolphins want to add offensive line depth and brought in New Mexico guard/center Erik Cook for a recent visit. They also had private sessions with Cincinnati's Jeff Linkenbach and Eastern Kentucky's Derek Hardman.
• If the Dolphins don't draft a player with return abilities, they will try to add one in free agency, with Weber State's Tim Toone and UF's Brandon James as possibilities.