Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vontae Davis and Sean Smith with better front 7

1. -1
    Vontae21Davis

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Vontae Davis and Sean Smith with better front 7

Vontae and Sean are going yo have alot more chances for ints this because the front 7 is alot better mainly because the pass rush. If you remember the games from last season you know that pass rush sucked and alot of the time the QB had alot of time to throw. Now you add in MIke Nolan. Nolan likes to blitz th QB from alot of different direction. Nolan is going to play Cam and Cam is going to get alot of pressure. Odrick Dansby and Misi are all good blitzers and we all know pressure on QB leads to ints. When Fergie comes back that pushes Starks back to the right and Odrick to the left and that leaves langford merling and soliai for backups . I think our front 7 is going to dominate.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the optimism, but who knows if all the rookies will be able to contribute this year and it's going to be cam wake's first season as an every down linebacker so we will have to wait and see on that one... the fact is that we lost a lot of the QB pressure potential by letting Porter and Taylor go. Hopefully all the new additions will step up and create pressure in mike Nolanís defense. But yea it is time for Sean Smith and Vontae Davis to step it up this year; they are not rookies this year so they wonít get a pass on bad plays like they did last year. There is no room for a sophomore slump with these guys.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we will see how our pass rush is, but regardless, look for more plays made on both the Defensive and Offensive sides of the ball. cant wait!

all i want is a D that can get off the field
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Supa Dupa.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah this is, without question, going to be a more exciting defense. More sacks, more pressures and therefore, more interceptions.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm optimistic about our corner play as well,possibly even blitzing from those positions. I like corner blitzes, it freaks QB's out! The increase in our LB's pass coverage ability should help alleviate all of our defensive problems, pass rush,CB coverage and mostly safety play. Nolan's hire was one of the best assistant hires for us in a long time,I am looking forward to this year in a big way!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we had the 3rd most sacks in the league last year....and we are going to assume MORE pressure?

we lost our 2 starting OLB, who were 1st and 2nd on our team in sacks last year, and we are going to assume MORE pressure?

we are taking our Pro Bowl DE, and swapping him to NT, so we have to hope he can be effective there....and have to hope a rookie or his backup (Merling) from last year match his production...

Dansby is an obvious upgrade over Ayodele, but will that alone make up for what we may have lost at OLB, DE and NT? Nolan should also be an upgrade...but he's not gonna automatically improve things if the players don't hold up their end.

The rookies are no sure bet to upgrade what we had.

I don't want to be downer....but a lot of things could go either way at this point....hope it's your way!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burger13 View Post
    we had the 3rd most sacks in the league last year....and we are going to assume MORE pressure?

we lost our 2 starting OLB, who were 1st and 2nd on our team in sacks last year, and we are going to assume MORE pressure?

we are taking our Pro Bowl DE, and swapping him to NT, so we have to hope he can be effective there....and have to hope a rookie or his backup (Merling) from last year match his production...

Dansby is an obvious upgrade over Ayodele, but will that alone make up for what we may have lost at OLB, DE and NT? Nolan should also be an upgrade...but he's not gonna automatically improve things if the players don't hold up their end.

The rookies are no sure bet to upgrade what we had.

I don't want to be downer....but a lot of things could go either way at this point....hope it's your way!!
    Umm yes. Just because we had a high number of sacks does not mean we had constant pressure.
    We either got in the qb's face right away or he had all day back there.

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shawn Smith needs to show he can be a bit more physical and able to turn and run abit better with wr's.

Vontae needs to keep improving on his technique. HE seemed to get better as the season went along, while Smith seemed to wear down.

As for the LB' corp. People are hyping them up abit too much. Last year I was told Pat White was going to 'revolutionize' the position. Well people's expectations aren't easily lived up too, by rookies. People need to temper things and let them develop. Just because Nolan is in MIA now, doesn't mean squat. He won't be making tackles or INTS.

BTW, MIA still doesn't have a proven FS. So that by itself should be a concern for MIA.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cafinfan408 View Post
    Umm yes. Just because we had a high number of sacks does not mean we had constant pressure.
    We either got in the qb's face right away or he had all day back there.
    I agree....to a point.

...but over a 16 game season those things tend to equal out. I would say that over a full season, the teams with the most sacks generally generated the most pressure.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Shawn Smith needs to show he can be a bit more physical and able to turn and run abit better with wr's.

Vontae needs to keep improving on his technique. HE seemed to get better as the season went along, while Smith seemed to wear down.

As for the LB' corp. People are hyping them up abit too much. Last year I was told Pat White was going to 'revolutionize' the position. Well people's expectations aren't easily lived up too, by rookies. People need to temper things and let them develop. Just because Nolan is in MIA now, doesn't mean squat. He won't be making tackles or INTS.

BTW, MIA still doesn't have a proven FS. So that by itself should be a concern for MIA.
    well, I would guess that our FS safety play last year cost us just about as much as any other team's FS last season.....

could it actually be worse this year? I guess it's possible, but I'm not counting on it. I'm actually counting on an upgrade there....no matter who winds up playing (my money is on the rookie)
    Quote Quote