Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins Franchise (Madden 04)

1. -1
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami Dolphins Franchise (Madden 04)

This will be my Miami Dolphins Franchise that I run on Madden on PS2 5 Min Quarters All-Pro. I will try to keep you all updated as much as possible but please drop a line to let me know you're reading and leave comments or tips on how to improve this and things I should change or leave the same. Here we go !!! Let's go Miami!!!

Miami Dolphins 0-0
    Head Coach: Dave Wannstedt
    Offensive Coordinator: Norv Turner
    Defensive Coordinator: Jim Bates
    Special Teams Coach: Keith Armstrong

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

2. -2

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami's Transactions

Miami's Front Office was busy today as they made the following transactions...

Released TE Marco Battaglia (62)
    Released ROLB Justin Seaverns (43)
    Signed P Matt Turk (81)
    Signed TE Donald Lee (73 Created)
    Signed ROLB Corey Jenkins (62 Created)

The Dolphins received no Cap Penalties for the releases of Battaglia and Seaverns as they did not have a Bonus and signed Punter Matt Turk to a 6 year deal worth a total of $4.60 Million with a Signing Bonus of $660 K. Corey Jenkins, a rookie OLB out of S. Carolina signed to a 4 year deal worth $2.99 Million and a bonus of $480 Thousand. Donald Lee, a rookie out of Mississippi State signed to a 3 year deal worth $2.36 Million and a Bonus of $360 K.
    Last edited by Prime Time; 11-30-2003 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami Trades Locker Room Favorite

Today Miami made a trad with the Arizona Cardinals which involved WR Oronde Gadsden (79) and 2004's 2nd Round pick for WR Anquan Boldin (71). General Manager Rick Speilman said he did this for future purposes because OG was not as young as he once was and they felt they were headed a diffrent direction. Anquan Boldin is a rookie out of Florida State who will be the 4th String WR.

Last edited by Prime Time; 11-30-2003 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Starters

Starters heading into Training Camp/Pre-Season

QB-Jay Fiedler
    RB-Ricky Williams
    FB-Rob Konrad
    LT-Mark Dixon
    LG-Jamie Nails
    C-Tim Ruddy
    RG-Todd Perry
    RT-Todd Wade
    TE-Randy McMichael
    WR-Chris Chambers
    WR-Derrius Thompson

RE-Jason Taylor
    DT-Tim Bowens
    DT-Larry Chester
    LE-Adewale Ogunleye
    LOLB-Morlon Greenwood
    MLB-Zach Thomas
    ROLB-Junior Seau
    CB-Patrick Surtain
    CB-Sam Madison
    FS-Brock Marion
    SS-Sammy Knight

K-Olindo Mare
    P-Matt Turk
    KR-Charlie Rogers
    KR-Travis Minor
    PR-Charlie Rogers
    LS-Ed Perry
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami trades FB Deon Dyer (75) and 1st Round pick for Arizona's 4th Round Pick and Oronde Gadsden (79).

Stupid I know....but I wanted OG back for one more season just to play opposite of CC. When I realized this I already traded him. So what though? I can go a year without a 1st or a 2nd
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tampa Bay @ Miami

27-Tampa Bay @ Miami-24
    (1-0) (0-1)

Miami's starters played one quarter and were dominant. The Defense held the Bucs to 41 yards in the 1st quarter but when the back ups came in, it all went down hill. The Second and Third Team Defense got stomped on...giving up all 27 points. 13 of those points coming in the second quarter. Miami's first TD was a Travis Minor run from 5 yards out.Griese 20 yard pass to TE Donald Lee was the Dolphins 2nd TD. The Dolphins gave up 14 points in the 4th Quarter and almost came back as Griese found newly acquired, locker room favorite Oronde Gadsden in the front of the enzone. Gadsden signaled off his touchdown with his OG hand celebration. His first one since last year. The fans answered very well to his. But Miami had given up 14 points in the 4th Quarter and could not come back. Miami loses it's first Pre-Season game...27-24.

Stats

Bucs Offense - 308 Yards
    Sapp 3 Tackles, INT .....lol

Griese 11-16, 183 Yds, 2 TDs, INT
    Minor 7 Att, 53 Yds, TD
    Gadsden 4 Rec, 78 Yds, TD
    Wade 4 Pancakes, 2 Sacks
    Thomas 4 Tackles
    Buckley 4 Tackles
    Jenkins 4 Tackles
    Taylor 1 Tackle, 1 Sack

Quotes from the Game

WR Oronde Gadsden
    "I felt that I had a great return in front of the home town. You know It has been a while since they have seen me wear the aqua and orange. I am glad I had a good day, but we did not win, and that was discouraging. But It's Pre-Season, and that is what Pre-Season is for. Now we will go to practice and we know what to fix for next week."

Coach Dave Wannstedt
    "Griese did get a little dinged up since he took so many hits. The second team O-Line must pass block better, but run block they did outstanding. I am glad to see the Offense is clicking, but we can still improve and that is what we plan to do."

CB Sam Madison
    "We went out there and played hard. It was ahard fought game, it always is when Miami plays Tampa (chuckled). We have 3 weeks to improve in the areas we feel we must improve. I am just glad I played...I was listed as questionable and coaches did not want to risk me going out there, but I felt good, really good."

FB Rob Konrad
    "The team did excellent. Against the Super Bowl Champs from last year on top of that. I mean we were doing a good job out there even though the score shows a loss. We will learn from this and move on, that is all there is to do....PLUS it doesn't count (laughs)."
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami @ Jacksonville

40-Miami @ Jacksonville-14
    (1-1) (0-2)

Miami dominated in all phases of the game, especially on Defense. Miami forced 5 turnovers, all which were Interceptions. 2 by 4th String CB Jamar Fletcher who has been heavily criticized ever since entering a Dolphins uniform. 2 of them came by Patrick Surtain, who was selected to the Pro Bowl last year after having a monster year. One of his two INTs was for a score. The other INT came by Sam Madison. All three Miami QBs got playing time, but Griese put up the best numbers, although he did get clobbered as the lack of mobility is really showing this Pre-Season. Ricky ran for 67 yards on 8 attempts and had a fumble which the Fins recovered. The only Miami turnover came off a late INT by Kiwaukee Thomas as he Intercepted Sage Rosenfels and took it 53 yards to the house. Miami showed signs of improvement, but still have long ways to go before they can say they are Super Bowl Bound.

Key Stats

Miami Turnovers: 1
    Jacksonville Turnovers: 5

Points off of Jax Turnovers : 27

Griese 6-9, 64 Yds, TD
    Williams 8 Att, 67 Yds, TD, Fumble
    Wade 7 Pancakes
    Thomas 6 Tackles
    Taylor 2 Tackles, 1 Sack
    Fletcher 0 Tackles, 2 INTs
    Surtain 2 Tackles, 2 INTs, TD
    Mare 4-4, Long of 48
    Turk 2 Punts, 47.0 Avg, 49 Long

Quotes from the Game

FS Brock Marion
    "We played well out there, Defense especially. We really picked it up this week, ask the fans who saw us practice at Training Camp. We have been playing really hard and I feel real good about this up coming season."

QB Sage Rosenfels
    "I had a decent game. Since the game was sealed, we ran the ball and I did not have many opportunities to throw the ball. I did make one mistake by overthrowing Oronde Gadsden and giving Jacksonville an Interception. Other than that I thought I played decent"

Coach Dave Wannstedt
    "I think the team played solid overall. The Defensive Backs really stepped it up back there. Jamar (Fletcher) and Pat (Surtain) made some key plays as did Madison. They all had solid performances. I think the team had a pretty solid performance. We just need to build from here and move on"

LB Morlon Greenwood
    "This was a good game for us all. I for one think the whole team was solid. We played 10 times better then we played last week against Tampa. I played better as well, Seau and Zach are really helping me out, and I look forward to a great season playing next to them."

CB Sam Madison
    "Very good game. I enjoyed it, talked to some of my buddies, like Jimmy Smith. It was fun covering him, talking a little trash with him. The bad thing was we only played one half, so I did not get to do much talking, but we play them in the season, so hopefully I'll be healthy and ready to go. Next we play Michael Vick, who is always dangerous...so we have to be prepared."
    Last edited by Prime Time; 12-03-2003 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    WWJD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Glad to see somebody else likes Madden Franchises like me. Keep it up. Great so far!
    Joined March 2, 2003
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by gunsnroses
    Glad to see somebody else likes Madden Franchises like me. Keep it up. Great so far!
    Thanks for reading. I love Madden Franchises, and I love typing about them and everything but only when people are reading it and are interested. Otherwise I feel like I am waisting my time. Thanks for reading, I just hope more people start responding.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You overpaid for Turk man. He is a punter, and you have him a 6 year deal worth over 4 million. :nono:
    Quote Quote