Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we go back to the old layout of the forum?

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks

Can we go back to the old layout of the forum?

I kinda like the new look, but I really preferred the forums before. Is there any option to change it back?

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Mad and Surt...Legendary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree on color/formatting. I know you guys want to stay with the latest VB upgrade, but this is the second forum I am on that has upgraded to this version, and personally, as a human factors engineer I can tell you the color scheme and layout is terrible in this version. If the entire color layouts can be manipulated that may fix it. But, the fonts are too thin, too much white/gray background showing behind typing, the unneeded wording under every thread stated who/when it was started by creates clutter, etc. etc.

I can honestly say (not trying to be a jerk), that if things stay like this I will stop coming here after 6+ years, it's just atrocious to try and read and look at.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    we just upgraded today guys. believe me we are going to go retro on this board while adding a touch of new.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hopefully we dont have to wait too long its really a strain on the eyes to read now
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Mad and Surt...Legendary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    we just upgraded today guys. believe me we are going to go retro on this board while adding a touch of new.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Thanks! I for one at first am not a fan of it. But the last few times Facebook changed i wasn't a fan of it either. Now i like it. It will just take a little while to get used to and i will like it. Glad we are finding more and more ways to improve the best fan site on the net

"THE AM CREW - THE JOLLIEST ***HOLES THIS SIDE OF THE NUT HOUSE." - Possum

Member formerly known as phinfan999.

Official First Runner up of the "I did not make the 2010 Finheaven March Madness so i made my own" Tournament.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We will definitely be changing the look considerably. We just got this so we would nto be down too long.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    We will definitely be changing the look considerably. We just got this so we would nto be down too long.
    Thanks! I figured that was probably the plan.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've given it a while to grow on me and while I like the touch ups that have been made to make the new software look more akin to the old board style, I'm having a problem seeing why the jump to the new software altogether.

I run what I consider to be a very "normal" computer, in fact it's my work computer, maintained by IT and everything. I literally haven't seen any benefit of the new script, only bugs. The new image uploader obviously doesn't work as I try and upload an image to add to my album and everything I upload says it's not a valid image. When you go to a thread, for some reason there are reams and reams of blank space at the bottom of every thread, which makes it a pain in the @ss if you're used to hitting the "End" button on your keyboard to skip down to the last posts of a thread. Instead you have to find the mystery spot in the middle of the scroll bar where the posting ends, if you want to do the same. And this is a nit but for whatever reason everything loads up slower, and there is lag, clunkiness, etc. Maybe my computer can't "handle" the script but again I'm not using my grandparents' 486, I'm using a Pentium 4 work computer. The search function is really messed up. I tried searching posts and it wasn't working right and someone told me they tried searching for threads that I started and couldn't find them.

There's all kinds of other little things too like right now as I'm typing this, I'm staring at a "Reply" button which has the green gif image of the button with the white "Reply" written inside it but in the same space there's a grey writing of "Reply" written right over the button.

I realize this is a process and all that, and I guess from my own perspective as a browser and poster I never saw the problems with the old system that the mods and admins might see...just adding my two cents that the switchover has been a negative to date, for me.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    thanks for the heads up on images ck.
    Attached Images