Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Brandon Marshall = Team Player

1. -1
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Merged: Brandon Marshall = Team Player

Perhaps it is just the honeymoon period, but all indications are Brandon is showing emotional maturity and starting out the right way in becoming a part of the Dolphin team.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...f-you-hav.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brandon Marshall is the man!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    Brandon Marshall is the man!!!
    The BEAST!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is good to see but lets see how he acts if we start losing some games. I love the pick up but its a roll of the dice, one I am definitely willing to take.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This has been surprising to see him acting as mature as he has. Hopefully he will keep it up and make this a great offense.

"THE AM CREW - THE JOLLIEST ***HOLES THIS SIDE OF THE NUT HOUSE." - Possum

Member formerly known as phinfan999.

Official First Runner up of the "I did not make the 2010 Finheaven March Madness so i made my own" Tournament.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's gonna be a star in Miami. I heard an interview last year and thought why all the bad rap for brandon marshall.

we'll see how it plays out but i would take marshall all day over dez bryant.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know why people are surprised. Yes he had a problem with Denver, but we took care of that with a new contract. This kid is not the second coming of T.O.!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really hope he has changed and it isn't just the calm after a new contract.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Stench of the Iron Age (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlkgT4RCzo
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemidemon View Post
    I don't know why people are surprised. Yes he had a problem with Denver, but we took care of that with a new contract. This kid is not the second coming of T.O.!
    I am not surprised. I am pleased. IMO the issue was not the contract, but how he responded to trying to handle the contract. Holding out and then being disruptive when attending training camp last year is cause for concern. Character traits / behavioral problems come out in stressful situations. If a player is emotionally immature then disruptive behavior will generally occur in various stressful contexts. Instead of it being not satisfied with his contract it may be losing ball games, or feeling disrespected by teammates or coaches, or not feeling approved by fans, or...etc...

Right now Brandon is satisfied getting a new contract and being a part of a new team. Brandon is going through a honeymoon period. It is easy to be a good guy during the honeymoon period. However, healthy behavior over a long period of time and through stressful situations will be the true test.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People lets not anoint him a changed person quite yet. Bringing him on was a risk, one that I was absolutely willing and eager to take, but the risk was NOT how he got along with team mates. While it's true he showed his tail a little over the contract issue, the red flag went up over the article of girlfriend abuse. This happened not once but mutiple times. This is not something that is easily changed. Don't come up and tell me that a new contract, or talk with Parcells, or new enviroment is going to change that, it isn't.

People who have this issue have lots of work to do, and it isn't easy to change, maybe impossible. He's a ticking time bomb off the field in his personal life. Some of the nicest people in the world can turn into monsters when it comes to the emotions of arguing with their girlfriends. Alot of us know people like that, my best friend on the planet is like that, and it makes my skin crawl sometimes, but it is what it is. But with Brandon being in the media spotlight it has the potential to go from paradise to disaster in the blink of the eye, when we least expect. Again, I think it was worth the risk, but make no mistake, it was a risk and still is, no matter how he treats his teammates.

Brandon has the ability to MAKE our season, but he also has the ability to make us a very bad team. Just look what effect the Ricky situation had on the team. If Brandon does emplode, we won't see 8-8 this year. He stays on track we have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Don't think because you don't feel the ground rumbling that he isn't a volcano. We just happen to have no choice but to live in the shadow of that volcano. Let's just pray he doesn't erupt.
    Quote Quote