Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: My First PhotoShop Pic

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

My First PhotoShop Pic

Just started messing around with the program because I've been impressed with what it can do so far, so I decided to do a little Vontae Davis piece. Let me know your opinions.

Just my first picture. Open for constructive criticism and comments, please!

\/Click Here\/ - Vontae Davis Collage
    Vontae Davis Island effects.jpg.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Thats a good first picture. I would suggest toning down on the transparency. It takes away from the pictures of the players. Maybe just phase out the opposing team players. But other than that it looks like it would make a good wallpaper. Good job.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with Disturbed. You did a really great job. The only other thing I might suggest is having it a little less crowded. But that's just me being picky. lol. The best thing you can do to improve your photoshop skills is to keep practicing and watch tutorials. They're all over the interweb. My favorite is a series on youtube.com called "You suck at Photoshop". They are very helpful and very funny. lol. One more tip (Someone on finheaven gave me this tip when I started): When your looking for pictures try to look for the pictures that have a full body in them. Unless that's what your going for. Hope this helps!

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Drubatuba View Post
    I agree with Disturbed. You did a really great job. The only other thing I might suggest is having it a little less crowded. But that's just me being picky. lol. The best thing you can do to improve your photoshop skills is to keep practicing and watch tutorials. They're all over the interweb. My favorite is a series on youtube.com called "You suck at Photoshop". They are very helpful and very funny. lol. One more tip (Someone on finheaven gave me this tip when I started): When your looking for pictures try to look for the pictures that have a full body in them. Unless that's what your going for. Hope this helps!
    Depending on if you like the "humor", and I use that word losely, that series isn't bad. But for me I couldn't sit through his piss poor humor. If just wasn't worth the pay off. But Drubtuba is right, I have learned a lot of my Photoshop skills from You Tube. Matter of fact the way I learned how to use PS in the first place was learning to make custom Madden covers a long time ago.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Design is difficult b/c we all have different views on what is good and what isn't. Some of the stuff I put out I look at for hours b/c I feel it sucks (though it might actually be fine). Keep working at it man. There's stuff we learn every single day.

I will say the image in the upper left is bad since it's reversed. What'd you do that for?

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Depending on if you like the "humor", and I use that word losely, that series isn't bad. But for me I couldn't sit through his piss poor humor. If just wasn't worth the pay off. But Drubtuba is right, I have learned a lot of my Photoshop skills from You Tube. Matter of fact the way I learned how to use PS in the first place was learning to make custom Madden covers a long time ago.
    lol. I don't know. I think I liked it because most tuts are so BOOOOOOORING. He just kinda spices things up a bit. I will admit though sometimes he does get a bit carried away. But he goes over allot of very helpful tools.

If you want some really good tuts you can go to http://www.lynda.com/home/ViewCourses.aspx?lpk0=391 . Although there is a price to view these tuts; they are great (from what I've heard) It costs $25 a month for the basic subscription and $37.50 a month for the premium plan which gets you the downloadable content so that you can follow along exactly with the tutorial. There is also a yearly subscription; basic is $250 and the premium is $375. It may be worth a try for just a month. Let me know if this helps.

Does anyone know of any other good sites where you can get free tuts?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Livonia,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its ok, continue your work. NY Dolphin fan Dan
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for the comments guys. Really is my first time ever putting my hands on PS, and I plan on getting better. I just started with 1 picture and next thing you know I had layers all over. I can really get lost in this program messing with the small stuff, fine tuning, playing around, etc. Hours on end go by. I have much to learn, but with tips like these it looks like sooner rather then later. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote