Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosenhaus convincing Ricky to play next season, Ricky current starter at running back

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rosenhaus convincing Ricky to play next season, Ricky current starter at running back

Rosenhaus also represents running back Ricky Williams. While the agent is not keen on discussing Williams, it is no secret he is advising Williams to play at least one more year after his current contract runs out after 2010.

Williams, 33, gained over 1,000-yards last season in what was something of a renaissance year for him. He is currently the Dolphins starter at running back because he's played well and Ronnie Brown is coming off lisfranc surgery.

Williams originally was planning on retiring after 2010. But the running back apparently is rethinking that and listening to Rosenhaus. He is now non-commital about playing beyond 2010.

"It'll depend on what kind of season he has and how his body holds up," Rosenhaus said optimistically.
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/
    Last edited by FinAtic8480; 05-20-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    kirkville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    run ricky run
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Ricky is the perfect compliment to Ronnie Brown . . . Ronnie is the starter if healthy, no question. I hope Ricky stays as long as Ronnie is here, but once Ronnie leaves (if he leaves) I think Ricky is done with football. Can he be a starter, definitely, a starter on ALOT of teams . . . . but does he have that passion? Nah.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Ricky still has some gas left in the tank.
    He may be a step slower but he's a wise veteran and still a powerful running back.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmmm a agent trying to get his client to play for a extra season... I wonder if it is the ol' $$$$$$$, that Rosenhaus is looking at... I would be willing to bet that it is... He does not care about his clients... His only concern is his wallet...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is not one bit of drop off with Ricky at runningback and in reality he outperformed anything that Ronnie ever did in his career so I have no problem with him as our starter, maybe coming off the bench Ronnie can stay healthy
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    There is not one bit of drop off with Ricky at runningback and in reality he outperformed anything that Ronnie ever did in his career so I have no problem with him as our starter, maybe coming off the bench Ronnie can stay healthy
    I think they need each other - or some complementary back. Each player looks great getting 20 carries for about four weeks. Then, they break down - Ronnie with injury, Ricky in production. I'm hoping that Sheets can give us some good production this season - as Hilliard is altogether unimpressive to me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Ricky is the perfect compliment to Ronnie Brown . . . Ronnie is the starter if healthy, no question. I hope Ricky stays as long as Ronnie is here, but once Ronnie leaves (if he leaves) I think Ricky is done with football. Can he be a starter, definitely, a starter on ALOT of teams . . . . but does he have that passion? Nah.
    I guess you didnt see his 30 on 30
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with you Dlockz, I think Ricky should try being the starting runningback, it might give Ronnie a better chance at staying healthy.

Proud WR of the Lowell Noreasters AAA semi-pro football team. #19

Proud Firefighter.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It will be time for the organization to move on with other options at RB, unless he plays for the cheap I really don't think that will happen
    Quote Quote