Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More BS from the Bleacher Report

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

More BS from the Bleacher Report

Fact.
    The main reason why I think the Jets supplant the Patriots is their youth.
    They proved throughout the playoffs last year that they could run with the big dogs in the AFC. Their defense was one of the best in the NFL, and they only got better on both sides of the ball. With a little tweaking from their blitz-heavy package that got them to the AFC Championship, the Jets probably could be the best defense in the NFL.
    Quarterback Mark Sanchez looked great as a rookie, despite the numbers, and he can only get better from there. Factor in a pretty soft schedule (five games this year against playoff teams), and the Meadowlands will be celebrating their first AFC East Championship since 2002.
    However, don’t think it’ll be a cakewalk, Jets fans. Their rival, the Miami Dolphins, are getting strong as well. Their offense and defense are as strong (maybe slightly weaker) than the powerful Jets, and could give them a run for their money. However, with a much tougher schedule (seven playoff teams to the Jets’ five), I give the edge to the Jets. I think that the AFC East is the best division in the conference this year, so it’s not a stretch to think there will be three playoff teams from there. However, with the aging Patriots and the still-rebuilding Dolphins, I give the East to the Jets.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...the-afc#page/4

I am getting sick of these people in the country anointing the Jests as the defacto winners of the East. What do they base this assumption on? Mark Sanchez is the second coming of Joe Namath. Give me a break! I am sorry but Sanchez did nothing that I would say is remarkable last season. If anything I would say he is going to have a worse season this year. I am not saying that the Jests are going to be terrible, but it will be because of their defense. If you ask me Sanchez will be more like Richard Todd than Namath.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and with out further ado...the end of the article

Fact or Fiction- There will be a new AFC team in the Super Bowl

Fact.
    That team will be…are you sitting down?
    The New York Jets.
    The pieces are all in place for a big run in the playoffs. They have a solid offense, bolstered by the signing of LaDanian Tomlinson. He’ll probably play second fiddle to Shonn Greene, but if he shows shades of his glory days in San Diego, the Jets will have no objection to making him the workhorse.
    Their defense is absolutely solid, and with the signing of veteran lineman/linebacker Jason Taylor, they got even stronger. The veterans of both groups, especially the defense, have taken the younger players under their wing and given them the tools they need to be dominating.
    Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that the Jets took the Colts to the mat in the AFC Championship game. Had it not been for a couple of mistakes, they could have very well gone to Miami. There is no doubt that they have learned from their mistakes, and it will end in an AFC Championship this year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whatever. All these people need to take the summer off and start writing again after the regular season starts.

"THE AM CREW - THE JOLLIEST ***HOLES THIS SIDE OF THE NUT HOUSE." - Possum

Member formerly known as phinfan999.

Official First Runner up of the "I did not make the 2010 Finheaven March Madness so i made my own" Tournament.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anybody can write on bleacher report. Who cares what anybody on there has to say really. Until the games are played, nobody knows anything.

Besides, his argument is flawed throughout the whole article. LT bosters their offense? Um, no? But losing Thomas Jones hurts their offense. They took the Colts to the mat? Um no, they lost handily by a score of 30-17. Just to name a few.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey, best division in the conference aint bad.

They said potentially 3 playoff teams from the East, we know the Bills are... well the Bills.

So look at the bright side of the article, they think we're a playoff team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    So how do we end up with a tougher schedule when the Jets finished 2nd in the division and we finished 3rd?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    im so happy everyones pickin the jets. know why? cuz i know they picked up some old bags with big names and nothin left in the tank. we picked up beasts and not to mention arguably the besy def. coordinator in the game. so i hope everyone is pickin them. so they get all cocky and we pull another sweep on them this season. and i hope long, polite, and the rest of our team gets payback on the girl named taylor
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    So how do we end up with a tougher schedule when the Jets finished 2nd in the division and we finished 3rd?
    Lol it says they play 5 playoff teams and we play 7 well our extra two are the JETS. So its the same.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    the only response to this is hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sebring, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't let it get to you. I rather us fly under the radar myself. When someone comes out and says they predict us to do good, I kinda like it but at the same time I'm like don't say that too loud. This is someones opinon and there's a saying about opinons I'm sure you've hurd before.
    Quote Quote