Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Megred X3: Madden 2011 Team Ratings Released

1. -31
    Knowledge Hunter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantprodigy View Post
    While I agree that we are a young team, with lots of potential, the problem I see with the roster is that if you look at the players, they made some like Edds who have tons of potential into players with no room for growth. It doesn't matter how high his tackle or awareness goes in a franchise mode game, no one wants a coverage linebacker with speed, accel, and agi in the 60's and 70's.
    Well what you are missing, along with all of us who have seen the RATINGS is that they do not tell us what the players POTENTIAL is until you own the game. So someone who may be in the 60's or low 70's but has a "B" or an "A" potential will improve through the seasons you play with in Franchise. I understand some people may not play the game that way but you referenced that mode. For instance Vontae Davis was in the mid or low 70's (average CB skills) and his potential was an "A". So by season 2 of the franchise mode he was already bumped up to about 80. I mean in reality players just because they are supposed to be good don't always pan out. You can't just rate every promising rookie high strictly on potential.

But potential is exactly what it is. They have the skillset to be able to succeed as an NFL player but have not yet. You can't rate the unproven fairly in any case whether they are the 1st overall pick or the 235th. Until they play no one will know. And that is what roster updates are for...
    Last edited by Mr_Freezetag; 07-03-2010 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, but last time I played Madden, stuff like accel, agility, strength, and speed didn't improve a whole lot. If was the actual skills, coverage ability, awareness, play recognition, that would jump with good coaching. That's why Edds has me upset. Those skills are already ok, but he seems like he has no potential in the game, at those ratings.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Knowledge Hunter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Depending on how you use the player, and how good his stats are will determine what particular ratings will jump. But I hear what you are saying. Like last year with Henne. It was a bit frustrating using him in the franchise mode because his potential was good but I never got him rated as high as 76 or higher. And for me he kept getting injured so I just ran the ball a lot and used pat white lol.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Freezetag View Post
    Depending on how you use the player, and how good his stats are will determine what particular ratings will jump. But I hear what you are saying. Like last year with Henne. It was a bit frustrating using him in the franchise mode because his potential was good but I never got him rated as high as 76 or higher. And for me he kept getting injured so I just ran the ball a lot and used pat white lol.
    i got him up to about 86 before he stopped getting better. in yo face!

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Knowledge Hunter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    i got him up to about 86 before he stopped getting better. in yo face!
    He got injured for me the first 2 seasons so I traded him. sucka

Better off using Pennington anyways
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Freezetag View Post
    He got injured for me the first 2 seasons so I traded him. sucka

Better off using Pennington anyways
    yeah i'm lucky in terms of injuries usually. and i'm such a punk that if an important guy like henne goes out for the season i just play that game over again. i couldn't do pennington though - i throw the ball deep too much - and that just doesn't work out.

i can't wait to see the 'potential' ratings for these guys. if wake and misi are B's or worse they are gone. i don't even mess with B's unless they're around 80 as a rook. i'm currently in year 15 or so of my franchise and have managed to get almost every starter in the 90's - although they're all old as balls. i'm probably gonna do something crazy next year to get matthews and cushing as my OLB's - real young, A potential, and already in the upper 80's. i'll probably get both those guys up to 99. can't wait for this **** to come out. i've been waiting for the last original dolphin to retire before i move on to the next one but big jake's still dominating at like 40. fugger won't retire.
    Quote Quote