Lindys Sports 2010 Pro Football Preview isn't supposed to come out until Tuesday, but I got my hands on a copy today. Here are some highlights that involve the Dolphins.
1. They pick the Dolphins to finish 3rd in the division and out of the playoffs. They have the Dolphins tied with the Bengals for the 7th best team in the AFC just outside the playoffs.
2. They grade the Dolphins draft as a B and list John Jerry as the player who could surprise from the Dolphins class. They predict he will start. In fact, they predict Odrick, Misi, Jerry and Jones will all start from the rookie class.
3. Chad Pennington is listed as the best backup QB in the entire league.
4. Brandon Marshall is listed as the 9th best Number one receiver in the league. Moss is listed as #3, Lee Evans at #11 and the great Braylon Edwards doesn't crack the top 17 listed.
5. Ronnie Brown is listed as the 6th best All-Purpose back and Ricky Williams is listed as the 9th best All-Purpose back. They also have a list for the top second string running backs and Ricky makes the list at #5. Patrick Cobbs is listed as the 4th best third string running back in the league.
6. They consider Brown, Williams and Cobbs as the best trio of running backs in the AFC.
7. Polite is the 8th best Fullback.
8. Jake Long is ranked as the 2nd best Left Tackle and Vernon Carey is ranked as the 6th best right tackle in the NFL.
9. They believe Tony McDaniel will have a breakout season.
10. Randy Starks is ranked as the 11th best NT in the league.
11. Karlos Dansby is the 7th best inside/middle linebacker just one spot ahead of the Jets Bart Scott. David Harris doesn't make the top 16 list.
12. Vontae Davis is considered to be on the verge of a breakout season.
13. Yeremiah Bell is ranked as the 4th best strong safety.
Below is their ratings by positions. It is out of 10, with 10 being the highest.
They make the comment that there is added pressure on Miami to succeed this year. They end it with this comment if the Dolphins don't have success:
"If not, look for vice president of football operations Bill Parcells to retire to Saratoga Springs and take recently embarrassed general manager disciple Jeff Ireland with him."
There is a lot more coverage on the Dolphins, but those are just a few things that they said. As I have mentioned in other threads, I really don't buy these magazines for Dolphins coverage, half the time I know more it seems about the team then they do. However, I buy them, because I like to be able to read up on teams I might not really follow that closely during the offseason, for example the NFC teams. It is good bathroom material also.