Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Henne-buttfumble Debate 6/11/10

1. -1
    Poconos Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Poconos, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks

Another Henne-buttfumble Debate 6/11/10

Another look at Henne-buttfumble debate

June, 11, 2010 Jun 11
    4:30
    PM ET

By Tim Graham

Matthew in New York City writes into the AFC East mailbag with a hot-button question:
    What's the deal with your seemingly constant disdain and skepticism for Chad Henne. I feel like anytime a report or give an analysis of him that comes out in a positive manner, you're the first to say "HOLD ON" and put everyone's expectations in check. What it is about Henne that causes your consistent negative response? Seriously!
    There appears to be a perception among readers I'm some sort of Henne hater. I've received notes similar to Matthew's over the past few weeks. But those reactions aren't proper. Never once have I expressed skepticism about Henne's future. In fact, I believe he will be a franchise-caliber quarterback for the Miami Dolphins and hold down the position for many years to come.

Henne

buttfumble
    Where I can understand Dolfans disagreeing with my opinion regarding Henne is that I think New York Jets quarterback Mark buttfumble will have a better second season as his team's starter.

That question has been debated on the AFC East blog a few times this spring, including in a podcast last month with Scouts Inc. analyst Matt Williamson and me.

Williamson preferred Henne. I preferred buttfumble -- for now because he's already played in three postseason games and has a better supporting cast. I agreed with Williamson that Henne might have the better career.

For a third opinion, I spoke with ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer to get the perspective of a 14-year veteran who won a Super Bowl.

"I like Chad Henne," Dilfer said. "I think he's good player. I think he's limited athletically. I don't think he's the same type of athlete as Mark buttfumble. He's not the same type of thrower. He's kind of a fastball thrower. He doesn't have the repertoire as a football player that Mark buttfumble has. That doesn't mean he can't develop it, but that's going to take longer.

"buttfumble is the unique talent of the last five or six draft classes because he has that Alpha male personality. He has that 'it factor.' Then physically he has the sudden feet, plenty of arm, is highly accurate, was mature beyond his years as a college player. He has a distinct advantage because of his makeup, the total package, and they're supporting him in such a great way.

"He's in as good a situation -- because of who he is and what they're doing as an organization -- as you can be in with a young quarterback."

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... NOT ANOTHER ONE............
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can someone just go ahead and assasinate Sanchize so we don't have to hear this NY love fest anymore?

Thanks "Disturbedshifty" for the awesome sig.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you compare the supporting cast then you can't compare the individual quarterbacks themselves. Erroneous, on both counts.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why is anyone asking tent dilfer for analytics. Henne is leaps and bounds the better passer of the two
    All bias aside, he is
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My response to that article. It is getting a bit old. Just let their performances speak. Dilfer is also a douche.

Don't give me that "it" factor BS. Dilfer's perception of "it factor" threw twenty interceptions last season. He was taken for a ride with the NFL's #1 run game and #1 defense. He had Dustin Keller, Braylon Edwards, and Jericho Cotchery. Chad Henne's best deep threat had a serious problem with taking any kind of hit. His second best deep threat was a rookie. His starting running back got hurt. Their 3rd down running back got hurt. Camarillo and Bess were undrafted. Ginn was a terrible first round pick. Hartline was a 3rd round pick that lived up to his expectations and more.
    If you think Henne doesn't have the "it factor" after starting 4 years at Michigan, and buttfumble does after starting one year in college, then you have no right being an NFL analyst.
    This New York based media has really gotten biased if they think buttfumble has the "it factor" after watching him play for one year.
    And do you really call a guy a leader that cries on Braylon Edwards shoulder after Miami beat them Monday night?
    Henne will finally have the offense geared towards his arm, along with a true #1 receiver, a better defense, a healthy Ronnie Brown, and a young, hungry team and coaching staff.
    You are going to feel silly calling buttfumble the "it factor" after they flop.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just cant wait for the games to start so we can just put this to rest to some degree...

buttfumble cant play if he is hurt..that is something Henne Def has over him..

buttfumble is injury prone and I gurrantee he misses games next year..
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Why is anyone asking tent dilfer for analytics. Henne is leaps and bounds the better passer of the two
    All bias aside, he is
    Ha I know. That is what it takes to play quarterback, correct? Henne's arm is better than buttfumble's. buttfumble also stares down his receivers, as well as playing with terrible mechanics.
    Last edited by JC; 06-11-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is T. Dilfer the worst QB to ever win a SB? He has to be in the top 2 or 3. As an analyst, he's worthless.

M. buttfumble is more mobile than Henne, but so is Tavaris Jackson. buttfumble did less with more last season. Henne's supporting cast has drastically improved - while buttfumble' might or might not have improved overall. There's only one argument I see for buttfumble having a better year than Henne coming up: buttfumble was a true rookie last season; while Henne was a 2nd year playing getting his fist real playing time. For that reason, I can see people arguing that buttfumble could have the bigger growth spurt. Also, I don't see how you can give buttfumble much credit for his playoff performance. He beat a weak Bengals team, and the Chargers lost the game; the Jets didn't win it. Not only did the Chargers under perform on offense and defense, they would have still won were it not for the easy misses by a kicker who is supposed to be one of the best in the game. How can you be high on a QB who threw 20 INT's (to 12 TD's) when he was protected by that D and that running game. It's a joke.

I'm very happy that we have Henne instead of buttfumble. We'll see how everything plays out.
    Quote Quote