Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Yahoo Sports: Dolphins Team Report

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yahoo Sports: Dolphins Team Report

nside Moves may have been a 1980 movie about a gimpy bartender who realized his NBA dreams, but for the Dolphins it’s all about revamping their inside linebacker spots to help realize their Super Bowl dreams.

This offseason the Dolphins, ranked 22nd defensively, wasted little time in cutting veteran inside linebacker Akin Ayodele(notes) and signing free-agent tackling machine Karlos Dansby(notes) to one of the richest contracts ever at the ILB position.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...s-2010-nfl-mia
    Last edited by CedarPhin; 06-25-2010 at 09:52 PM.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do love how the report states that Crowder has only this and that in his career yet says Dobbins did all this in one season. Yes Dobbins did have an interception and a sack last year and guess what in his career he has has one sack and 2 interceptions in 4 years. None of these stats really mean anything at all but just pointing out that the writer acts like every year Dobbins is making all of these so called type of plays when in reality that was his only sack. What most people for some reason fail to realize is that we have never blitzed Crowder alot or any of our inside backers very much. That will probably change with Dansby but I still suspect that Dansby will end up playing more at outside than people expect because our OLB's are so green and in Charlie Anderson's case just not good.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I do love how the report states that Crowder has only this and that in his career yet says Dobbins did all this in one season. Yes Dobbins did have an interception and a sack last year and guess what in his career he has has one sack and 2 interceptions in 4 years. None of these stats really mean anything at all but just pointing out that the writer acts like every year Dobbins is making all of these so called type of plays when in reality that was his only sack. What most people for some reason fail to realize is that we have never blitzed Crowder alot or any of our inside backers very much. That will probably change with Dansby but I still suspect that Dansby will end up playing more at outside than people expect because our OLB's are so green and in Charlie Anderson's case just not good.
    The media has picked up a sense after OTA's that Crowder truly has to earn it to make the team. If you hear the entire Dolphins podcast I posted, the feeling is the if Dobbins and the rookies step up, Crowder could have played his last game as a Fin. I hope Crowder gets a fire lit under his ***, but he made some remarks that were really stupid towards the fans not long ago that just make you shake your head. In the end I want what is best for our team.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Richmond VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good read thanks
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think people read it how they want because soon as Crowder was able to practice he was in with first team. I dont think Crowder is any danger of not making the team especially with the lack of experience at OLB. I am still predicting as the season goes on that Dansby will be forced to play outside as the kids learn. The only thing that could hold back Crowder is injuries> he had a shoulder injury and then injured his foot later in year. There has been no indication from the team that Crowder is losing his job.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Crowder has some trade value and has already recieved a contract extention so if he is going anywhere anytime it will be up to the trifecta so if Dobbins proves himself the better man they could make a move especially if the rookies step up during camp. Crowder makes alot of tackles but usually from behind after they have broke past the lbs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we can all agree that it is gonna be interesting to see what happens with CC. He is one of the many camp stories.
    Quote Quote