Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court strikes down Chicago handgun ban

1. -1
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Supreme Court strikes down Chicago handgun ban

Good day to be a gun owner....

If I was a rich man I would buy everyone of my conservative friends in the pofo the most evil looking AR15 I could find, you know the kind that makes liberals faint, or run for cover...

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65R35920100628
    Last edited by Gonzo; 06-29-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: baiting
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to point out that the final vote on this was 5-4 split right down the line. If a conservative justice retires during Obama's term, this could be 4-5 next time.

A victory, yes, but that may not be so in the future. I hear people talking about Obama taking away guns, but really if that ever happens it will be the Supreme Court that does it.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    5-4 for upholding the Second Amendment. Elections have consequences, when you elect a far left lib like Barack Hussein Obama, he is going to nominate far left nuts like himself.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's just a stepping stone. It just shows that Heller means absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things. Nobody seems to care about what justice actually is. Agenda is far more important than the BOR.

I'm just as glad as I can be, and if the gun lobby can move quickly, this could be the top of the avalanche of overturning outrageously wrong gun laws. You're next DC.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I'd like to point out that the final vote on this was 5-4 split right down the line. If a conservative justice retires during Obama's term, this could be 4-5 next time..
    Not conserevative justice will retire with Obama in the WH. Same reason Stevens bailed this year. He saw the writting on the wall in Nov & wanted to get another Liberal justice on the court. They play politics also.

Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    A victory, yes, but that may not be so in the future. I hear people talking about Obama taking away guns, but really if that ever happens it will be the Supreme Court that does it.
    If the rulings is followed, it should not be heard on that level again.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dphins4me View Post
    Not conserevative justice will retire with Obama in the WH. Same reason Stevens bailed this year. He saw the writting on the wall in Nov & wanted to get another Liberal justice on the court. They play politics also.

Make no mistake, if one more right to left shift happens on the SCOTUS, they gun banners will be coming hard and fast after Heller, and that will open up all the gun bans for re enstatement.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dphins4me View Post
    Actually they can hear another case on this if they choose. While its 5-4 they won't, but if the numbers ever flip then they'll hear the next gun case down the pipe...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The rationale for gun bans is all ***-backwards. Chicago and DC had gun bans for years and years. Did the criminals care? No, gun violence in both of these places is still a huge problem. I think I remember something about a request for National Guard troops in Chicago, and DC was the murder capital of the country!

Basically all gun bans do is take guns away from law-abiding citizens. The black market for illegal guns will exist no matter the laws on the books, the best we can do is mitigate the risk to private citizens by letting them protect themselves and their property.
    Last edited by Rafiki; 06-29-2010 at 11:48 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can debate forever about whether owning a gun makes your home a safer or a more dangerous environment -- but I've said it before, and I'll say it now:

If you live in this city and you believe the best way to protect yourself, your family and your house is to own firearms, you should be able to do so legally.

In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court has reversed a ruling upholding Chicago's gun ban, sending the case back to a lower court. Mayor Daley responded by saying the City Council will immediately start considering new gun control measures.
    Let's be real here.

With the handgun ban in effect, three were killed and more than two dozen were shot in Chicago last weekend. The weekend prior to that, some 60 people were shot, and 10 were killed.
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/...roep29.article
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really don't understand the logic behind banning guns from "law-abiding" citizens. Guns will exist within the criminal elements of any society no matter how many laws are created to prevent it. If the goal is to reduce gun crime...it doesn't work. What other goals are there?

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote