Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Where to watch in Ft. Lauderdale

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denmark
    Thanks / No Thanks

Where to watch in Ft. Lauderdale

Bit of advice needed. Coming to Fort Lauderdale for two weeks in September, got tickets for the Jets game. What I would like to know is what are the best bars to watch the Minnesota game in the week before. I'm staying at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach (the clipper), i don't want to wander too far but would still like to go to a place with a decent atmosphere in the Lauderdale area.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't worry about wandering too far in Ft. Lauderdale. Just stay North of exit 12. If you're staying at the Sheraton then you're right on the beach on A1A. Personally, I like hitting the Ale House in Hollywood. It's about a 15 minute drive South if you stay on A1A until you get to 95. The Ale House is right off of exit 22. Dave and Buster's is around there as well. If you don't want to stray from A1A I'm sure you can find a spot right there on the strip.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denmark
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I wouldn't worry about wandering too far in Ft. Lauderdale. Just stay North of exit 12. If you're staying at the Sheraton then you're right on the beach on A1A. Personally, I like hitting the Ale House in Hollywood. It's about a 15 minute drive South if you stay on A1A until you get to 95. The Ale House is right off of exit 22. Dave and Buster's is around there as well. If you don't want to stray from A1A I'm sure you can find a spot right there on the strip.
    Not a bad shout, is th ale house the same chain as on North federal. That might be the better one as my wife may have to drive back after I'd had a few falling down waters.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm from Cali and spend two weeks each year in Ft. Lauderdale and go to the Dolphins games but I did find The Red Zone is in Ft. Lauderdale last year for the Oklahoma vs The U game. It has a HUGE bar area with the most big screen TV's I've seen in one place in my life. The bartenders were beautiful. It does have a dining section too. I didn't eat there so I'm not sure how the food is but it was a great atmosphere for watching the game. It's not too far from where you are staying but it isn't in walking distance. I'll prolly hit it up for The U vs Pitt game on the 23rd of Sept and the Clemson game on 10/2. But if you want to stay by the beach you won't have a hard time finding a place to watch it.
    One Nation - The Dolphin Nation

Dr. Dolphin 24/7
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drdolphin View Post
    I'm from Cali and spend two weeks each year in Ft. Lauderdale and go to the Dolphins games but I did find The Red Zone is in Ft. Lauderdale last year for the Oklahoma vs The U game. It has a HUGE bar area with the most big screen TV's I've seen in one place in my life. The bartenders were beautiful. It does have a dining section too. I didn't eat there so I'm not sure how the food is but it was a great atmosphere for watching the game. It's not too far from where you are staying but it isn't in walking distance. I'll prolly hit it up for The U vs Pitt game on the 23rd of Sept and the Clemson game on 10/2. But if you want to stay by the beach you won't have a hard time finding a place to watch it.
    Hey Brother Jim!

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Hey Brother Jim!
    What's up my brother?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micktoon View Post
    Not a bad shout, is th ale house the same chain as on North federal. That might be the better one as my wife may have to drive back after I'd had a few falling down waters.
    Yeah, same chain. Miller's Ale House but most people just call it the Hollywood Ale House.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drdolphin View Post
    What's up my brother?
    Good to see you about. I hope all is going well for you.
    Quote Quote