Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: About the buffalo game.

1. -1
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks

About the buffalo game.

This game has me a little scared.. if this was the same coaching staff from last year..I wouldn't be so worried...but there's too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable about this game. It's one everyone is taking for granted that we'll win, and while I want to believe that, I know we don't know a thing about how Gailey will approach us, The only thing Gailey doesn't know about us is the D, because we don't know what kind of D we'll have either. Here's my concerns:

1. Gailey's a smart OC, we did well under him, and he's a master at trick plays.. i.e., see Spiller as a spoiler.
    2. Edwards doesn't have a history at DC..we don't know what to expect..we can only hope he runs the same kind of 3-4 he saw in Miami, but that's not a given.
    3. This same supposed sorry team beat us at the end last year.
    4. This is a division game and anything can happen.
    5. Where's our deep threat? Brandon's not as fast as Ginn. Why will Safties back up as opposed to playing close to the LOS..Brandon won't out run them. He uses his height nicely and eludes after the catch, but he doesn't burn pass defenders.
    6. When Fergie wasn't in, we got ran on..that included Starks playing some Nose last year and the year before against baltimore.
    7. Does S Smith play corner closer to the receivers this year or not..while he was in the vicinity last year he was almost a yard off, and that's why a lot of ball were caught over him.
    8. The lack of experience at OLB can hurt us..not reading the play before it happens..anticipation plays a major role in players ability to stop a play..do we have the necessary goods at OLB?

The positives.
    1. We have a new DC.
    2. We have a weapon at WR
    3. I think our OL will be awesome, ONCE they gel..
    4. We're a young fast, physical team, but are we a smart team..offseason graffles suggest maybe not.
    5. We execute really well, and our 3rd year in the same O should help pay dividends.
    Last edited by MDFINFAN; 07-17-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Knowledge Hunter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take out Spillers legs on the first play. Game over.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    This game has me a little scared.. if this was the same coaching staff from last year..I wouldn't be so worried...but there's too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable about this game. It's one everyone is taking for granted that we'll win, and why I want to believe that, I know we don't know a thing about how Gailey will approach us, The only thing Gailey doesn't know about us is the D, because we don't know what kind of D we'll have either. Here's my concerns:

5. Where's our deep threat? Brandon's not as fast as Ginn. Why will Safties back up as opposed to playing close to the LOS..Brandon won't out run them. He uses his height nicely and eludes after the catch, but he doesn't burn pass defenders.
    Did safties back up when we had Ginn... No. He wasnt considered a deep threat or any threat for that matter.

Marshall might not have speed to be considered a deep threat, but what he does know how to do is make YAC, which can be considered a deep threat in in of itself, terms of yardage.. same thing with Hartline, he averaged 16 YPC last year.

All your other concerns are completely valid.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that our WR's will be a threat for sure

But a true deep threat would be so amazing, a player such as DeSean Jackson. Fast, tough, and can catch.

Everyone loves a burner
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So, when you play some DB when your with your buddies playing some football, how close do you stay to the receiver? a yard?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Buffalo Bills will go 0-16.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When your talking about The NFL...last year pretty much means nothing...

I think you gotta say that the phins have not beat the Bills in Buffalo in 5 years...

I think this is the year tho..But your right, this game is not a given
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I like lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    there's other factors that make defenses play their safeties deep. speed is the most obvious one. in Marshall's case, defenses will stay back because he's going to break tackles and he's fast enough to run away from DB's once he's beat his CB. a speedy WR would add a new element to the offense, sure, but Marshall alone will pin the safeties deep as well.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    I am not really scared about this game. Will it be a blowout? Probably not being the first game of the season. I do think we will win just not by a big margin. This is a game that we need to win and will win.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Knowledge Hunter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline poses a deep threat.
    Quote Quote