Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Few Movies I'm Looking Forward To

1. -11
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Just saw Inception and Restrepo. Two nights, two amazing movies. I highly recommend both.
    Inception was amazing..I agree...Chris Nolan is the man..

Can't wait for that new Batman
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Just saw Inception and Restrepo. Two nights, two amazing movies. I highly recommend both.
    just got back from inception. fantastic movie. a few things though.

1. this was memento volume II. the only difference b/n the two was the budget and the fact that memento went backwards.

2. what was so confusing about this? i had friends walk out b/c they were so lost. at no point in this movie was i confused in any way. way more perplexed after memento - but i was like 15 - so whatever.

3. spoiler alert. why was the projection of his wife so shocked at the end after finding out that he planted the seed in her head that lead to her jumping off the balcony in reality? this is his subconscious. he already knew all this. he's aware of everything that's going on. i can go along with the wife projection following him around trying to kill him so he'll join her (guilt), but i can't wrap my head around that huge bomb in the end. he hadn't done anything to trick himself out of what actually happened. guilt doesn't explain a projection freaking out over something that he already knew. i didn't get that - and i label this disagreement over confusion by the way.

fabulous movie though. it was funny b/c there was this group that was going for the 5th time b/c they didn't understand it the first 4. they caught me snickering at them while i was waiting for someone to come out of the bathroom - so they demanded an explanation since i was 'so smart'. they were not pleased with how well i grasped it. i make friends everywhere.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    durka durka

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    the other one is a documentary that many of you probably haven't heard of. it's called winnebago man - youtube winnebago man and prepare to laugh your *** off. this was a guy that did promos for RV's back in like the early 80's and was constantly pissed off - the youtube clips are fugging hysterical. he's been labeled the angriest man in america - need i say more? apparently he went off the grid and its about tracking him down and asking him where he went, why he's so mad, etc., etc.. i didn't think too much of it until i saw the extended trailer - and now i can't wait to check it out. pretty much a can't miss.
    I think this guy was in the camper next to ours during most of my childhood--up and down the east coast. Must have been stalking us.

It's so lame when people flag a video on youtube. I don't have an account & don't feel like getting one. Meanwhile, there are much worse clips out there that nobody narcs on. I was able to see a few of the clips plus the trailer below. Good stuff.

[youtube]sCu1kNiqxpg[/youtube]

Love this one.

[youtube]nCbM4bIHw3w[/youtube]

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks

1. this was memento volume II. the only difference b/n the two was the budget and the fact that memento went backwards.

2. what was so confusing about this? i had friends walk out b/c they were so lost. at no point in this movie was i confused in any way. way more perplexed after memento - but i was like 15 - so whatever.

3. spoiler alert. why was the projection of his wife so shocked at the end after finding out that he planted the seed in her head that lead to her jumping off the balcony in reality? this is his subconscious. he already knew all this. he's aware of everything that's going on. i can go along with the wife projection following him around trying to kill him so he'll join her (guilt), but i can't wrap my head around that huge bomb in the end. he hadn't done anything to trick himself out of what actually happened. guilt doesn't explain a projection freaking out over something that he already knew. i didn't get that - and i label this disagreement over confusion by the way.

fabulous movie though. it was funny b/c there was this group that was going for the 5th time b/c they didn't understand it the first 4. they caught me snickering at them while i was waiting for someone to come out of the bathroom - so they demanded an explanation since i was 'so smart'. they were not pleased with how well i grasped it. i make friends everywhere.
    i'm gonna be one of those guys who replies to his own quote since gonzo doesn't feel like replying (kidding), but i was just talking to my friend and she pointed out a much more obvious flaw than number 3 up there. why didn't michael caine just move dicaprio's kids to france? seems like a no-brainer. cannot believe i didn't think of that ...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and myles - that sandwich one is awesome. great find. 'outrageous'.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91

1. I think Inception stands on its own merits. Memento is a great movie and I think Inception is not very similar to Memento in plot or principle.

2. Not a very confusing movie at all if you pay attention to details. Unfortunately most movie goers are used to big boring action flicks with no creativity to them. Memento was much harder to piece together in my opinion.

3. It is his subconcious, he has no control over it. So he was not in control of his projection's (Mal) reaction. We know this because Ariadne asks Cobb to tell his projections to take it easy on her in his drea,, to this he tells her it is his subconcious, he has no control over them.

About your comment on why Miles didn't just take the kids to France to be with their dad, I am making the assumption that Mal's mother was none to happy with Cobb and she is the one who probably had custody of the kids. I make this assumption based on the fact that when he was talking to the kids on the phone, she rushed them off the line and hung up on Cobb. I think she holds resentment towards Cobb for the fact that her daughter committed sucide and she probably blames him.

Inception is the best mvoie of the summer, that and Toy Story 3. Hope my interpretations of the movie helps.
    Last edited by DzakkH13; 08-11-2010 at 10:00 PM.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    1. I think Inception stands on its own merits. Memento is a great movie and I think Inception is not very similar to Memento in plot or principle.

2. Not a very confusing movie at all if you pay attention to details. Unfortunately most movie goers are used to big boring action flicks with no creativity to them. Memento was much harder to piece together in my opinion.

3. It is his subconcious, he has no control over it. So he was not in control of his projection's (Mal) reaction. We know this because Ariadne asks Cobb to tell his projections to take it easy on her in his drea,, to this he tells her it is his subconcious, he has no control over them.

About your comment on why Miles didn't just take the kids to France to be with their dad, I am making the assumption that Mal's mother was none to happy with Cobb and she is the one who probably had custody of the kids. I make this assumption based on the fact that when he was talking to the kids on the phone, she rushed them off the line and hung up on Cobb. I think she holds resentment towards Cobb for the fact that her daughter committed sucide and she probably blames him.

Inception is the best mvoie of the summer, that and Toy Story 3. Hope my interpretations of the movie helps.
    1 &2 - fair enough

3 - he wasn't in denial over what happened. his guilt was why she was there to begin with. that's why she kept trying to kill him. but that didn't explain why she was so appalled at him planting the seed. he consciously knew he did it. he wasn't fooling himself about it. he was aware it happened. i get that he had no control over the projections - but that doesn't explain the reaction. that's like he himself being surprised about something he was already aware of - you know? it just doesn't jive.

the custody thing makes perfect sense. totally forgot the phone call. good one.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1 &2 - fair enough

3 - he wasn't in denial over what happened. his guilt was why she was there to begin with. that's why she kept trying to kill him. but that didn't explain why she was so appalled at him planting the seed. he consciously knew he did it. he wasn't fooling himself about it. he was aware it happened. i get that he had no control over the projections - but that doesn't explain the reaction. that's like he himself being surprised about something he was already aware of - you know? it just doesn't jive.

the custody thing makes perfect sense. totally forgot the phone call. good one.
    In his dream, the one where he is letting Ariadne learn how to create and manipulate the layout, his subconcious attacks and kills her. This is despite his knowledge that they are in a dream and that she is the one who is doing the manipulating.

Like I said, this is my opinion, but Mal has a shocked reaction because in his subconcious it is the first time he is hearing about he was the one that planted that idea in her head. In the begining of the movie he tells Ariadne that in our dreams, we come up with all the dialogue and all the actions of every projection and yet as we do this, our subconcious creates a genuine reaction, as if they never knew it was going to happen. So even though he knew that it was his doing that lead to her death, his subconcious generates a genuine reaction to how Mal would have acted if it were really her.

Like I said, this is just how I interpreted the movie based on what I saw and heard.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    In his dream, the one where he is letting Ariadne learn how to create and manipulate the layout, his subconcious attacks and kills her. This is despite his knowledge that they are in a dream and that she is the one who is doing the manipulating.

Like I said, this is my opinion, but Mal has a shocked reaction because in his subconcious it is the first time he is hearing about he was the one that planted that idea in her head. In the begining of the movie he tells Ariadne that in our dreams, we come up with all the dialogue and all the actions of every projection and yet as we do this, our subconcious creates a genuine reaction, as if they never knew it was going to happen. So even though he knew that it was his doing that lead to her death, his subconcious generates a genuine reaction to how Mal would have acted if it were really her.

Like I said, this is just how I interpreted the movie based on what I saw and heard.
    i get most of that. but in the dream he knows they are in the dream - and he also knows that his subconscious will kill her if it finds out something is wrong. he is aware of what's going on. he explains that to her after - like you said.

i could understand it if the mal projection got pissed and stabbed him - like it did. that would be something he was expecting - hence it happened. but the surprise? he wasn't in denial. that's my problem.

i guess i can deal with him expecting the mal projection to be shocked at the revelation - then it happening - although there was no indication anywhere else in the movie that something like this COULD happen. my problem was his own projection being shocked at something he already knew, you know?

people that haven't seen this yet are going to read this and heads are going to explode.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    i get most of that. but in the dream he knows they are in the dream - and he also knows that his subconscious will kill her if it finds out something is wrong. he is aware of what's going on. he explains that to her after - like you said.

i could understand it if the mal projection got pissed and stabbed him - like it did. that would be something he was expecting - hence it happened. but the surprise? he wasn't in denial. that's my problem.

i guess i can deal with him expecting the mal projection to be shocked at the revelation - then it happening - although there was no indication anywhere else in the movie that something like this COULD happen. my problem was his own projection being shocked at something he already knew, you know?

people that haven't seen this yet are going to read this and heads are going to explode.
    Yeah, like I said, it can be interpreted different ways. The only one who can say for sure why is Nolan. Great movie otherwise!
    Quote Quote