Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: If The Election Were Today, Would You Support President Obama for Re-Election?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 16.67%
  • No

20 83.33%
Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: If The Election Were Today, Would You Support President Obama for Re-Election?

1. -1
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

If The Election Were Today, Would You Support President Obama for Re-Election?

His policies are not working. He has caved-in to the demands of certain special interests at the expense of the rest of the nation. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were pretty much the primary source of the financial meltdown yet it is business as usual for those two. The liquidation of Fannie and Freddie ought to be a top objective of the next president. The financial reform bill was a hastily passed political move to try to save a few seats for House Democrats. The unintended consequences of that bill are likely to do more harm than good to the economy.

I cannot in good conscience support the re-election of President Obama. He really is making this old quotation from President Reagan sound completely on the mark:

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Welcome back from your hiatus Blitz.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Welcome back from your hiatus Blitz.
    Well, it's temporary (i.e., probably another thirty minutes or so...see ya in November! haha). I am doing some traveling, and have a lot on my plate. But I thought I'd drop in and see what everybody is talking about. It is hard to stay away from here, especially with the football season right around the corner (I still follow the team on a daily basis via the Miami Herald). I also needed an update on how everybody is feeling about Obama and Co., especially given my loss of confidence in the Democratic Party over the past year or so. Some days it feels like I am going the way of the DINO. In fact, I have contemplated whether to switch my registration to independent when I get back home.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama has proven himself incompetent. At this point, even life long Dems are turning on him. It seems only blind ideologues, and hard core progressives still support this POTUS. As I have said for awhile, he is one and done, and hopefully we can undo all the damage he has done.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan 13 View Post
    Obama has proven himself incompetent. At this point, even life long Dems are turning on him. It seems only blind ideologues, and hard core progressives still support this POTUS. As I have said for awhile, he is one and done, and hopefully we can undo all the damage he has done.
    notice how most the liberal posters dont post here anymore. its easier for them to not post then be proved wrong again and again.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    notice how most the liberal posters dont post here anymore. its easier for them to not post then be proved wrong again and again.
    The thing about that is, sometimes you just have to admit you were wrong. Obviously that is harder for some than others. Some would rather just run away and hide, than admit they were wrong.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    aaaahhhhhhh..............................no

BHO was elevated to unearned hero status. He's not an empty suit, he's a hard core academic left wing liberal progressive. He's also a dirty, big socialized union chicago thug politician. Hillary would have also over played her hand with more out of touch bloated government. It was inevitable the democrats would win considering bush the rhinestone cowboy acted as though he was too good to defend himself or his policies. Then again his misguided wars and horrible overkill response to 9/11 caused many conservative independents to abandon the republicans. The GOP turned into big spending nation builders. Then add the angry little lapdog mccain and republicans were doomed. Defeat was probably the best thing for republicans in 08. Hence, the tea party.

BHO has sealed his fate with unwanted, unread health care and financial reform while adding more debt and continued nation building. Sure the elites will tell you these are big legislative victories, but the reality is nobody except obama groupies and special interest support his policies. Sadly, the GOP is afraid to confront there own failed foriegn policies that are bankrupting the country, all while americans see a real war zone on their southern border.

To summarize my sportless sunday rant........nevermind, it doesn't really matter what i think, i'm going down to the beach.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh gawd no. the saddest part is i'm actually starting to listen to the conspiracy theories about him purposely trying to screw the american public over. he needs to get out of office before something bad happens to him.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone34 View Post
    aaaahhhhhhh..............................no

BHO has sealed his fate with unwanted, unread health care and financial reform while adding more debt and continued nation building. Sure the elites will tell you these are big legislative victories, but the reality is nobody except obama groupies and special interest support his policies. Sadly, the GOP is afraid to confront there own failed foriegn policies that are bankrupting the country, all while americans see a real war zone on their southern border.
    its funny you say that. i was watching chris matthews the other day and he had a panel full of libs. they were discussing obamas horrible poll numbers. and none of them could figure out why his poll numbers were so low considering everything he has passed.

i was literally yelling at the tv that nobody wanted the stuff he was doing. they still cant figure it out.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No. He will go down as one of the worst presidents in the history of this country.
    Quote Quote