Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p90x is no joke

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

p90x is no joke

when i first heard of p90x i thought yea yea yea another in house routine that doesnt work. then one day for pt (
    im IN the Army) they made us to the ab work out. it was 16 minutes of hell. so i thought i should get the program. its intense. i lost 5 lbs in a few days. you do have to buy some stuff but its worth it. i played college football and i thought this was more intense than some of the stuff we did. if you want to try it pm me i can hook you up. it comes with nutrition guide and work out guide.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Let us know some of the exercises you have to do

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea everyone I talk to say this is legit
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Let us know some of the exercises you have to do
    this is some of the ab work out. just think you already did an hour workout and wore out then you have go through this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHr2VjOfbBQ
    it looks gay but its legit
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have it too but since I got it, I started working out of town again so I have not been able to start it yet. I want to so bad. I have heard it works great as long as you even loosely follow the nutritional guide that comes with it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its ridiculous.. I used to wrestle and play football and P90 is for real! I bought not too long ago and am just getting into. Even the arms days are crazy. And arms are usually my biggest strength. BTW, the pecs workout will leave you wishing you had someone to wash your armpits!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, I have found the time to start this now that work is slow. Wow, it's pretty tough but I have made it though each workout so far. I have to tell you, the first workout that is chest and back wrecked me for a week. My chest, triceps, and back were all sore as could be for a week. It's always hard when working out to hit the middle of your chest but this will.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    p90x is the real deal but you need to be in "decent" shape to begin with before you start the program. Otherwise, it might become too intense by the end of the first month. I have the program but I haven't done it yet. My 2.5 hour workouts themselves are pretty involved as it is but I may try it here in the office after football season is over. If you're looking to shred fat and add lean muscle, a lot of guys at the gym swear by this program. But it's also important that you somewhat adhere to the nutrition guide. If not you won't see the best results.

It's ALL about your diet first and foremost. If you eat ****, you will be ****.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    p90x is the real deal but you need to be in "decent" shape to begin with before you start the program. Otherwise, it might become too intense by the end of the first month. I have the program but I haven't done it yet. My 2.5 hour workouts themselves are pretty involved as it is but I may try it here in the office after football season is over. If you're looking to shred fat and add lean muscle, a lot of guys at the gym swear by this program. But it's also important that you somewhat adhere to the nutrition guide. If not you won't see the best results.

It's ALL about your diet first and foremost. If you eat ****, you will be ****.

This is so true JCane. If it had not been for all the running and weight training to lose the weight I lost, there is NO WAY what so ever I could have made it though even half of the workout. I guess the reason my upper body was so sore that first week is because I have not did much the last six or eight months. I have been working insane hours and working out of town a lot on top of that. I hope with a strict diet and this workout, I can get very lean. I am also doing some extra cardio on top of the P90X. Bike riding, some jump rope and a little running. I just am still so burned out on running.

BTW JCane, what do you do for a living that you can workout in your office?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do IT work for the government. You know the government ****s off and does whatever they want lol. I have a lot of office space. Plus it helps that I work at night and I'm alone for the most part. I have several things in here. Perfect pushup. A few free weights. Jump rope. Elastic bands. Pullup bar. Bosu ball. Yoga mat. Ab wheel. The ab wheel is the TRUTH lol.

If you want to increase cardio and not get burned out, I'd suggest going to a running shoe store. Like a professional one. Not Foot Locker. Get fitted for a running shoe that fits YOU. Everyone has different size arch in their foot, different pronation whether is be over, under, or neutral. etc. The type and kind of shoe you wear can make a huge difference in distance.
    Quote Quote