Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: p90x is no joke

1. -11
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I do IT work for the government. You know the government ****s off and does whatever they want lol. I have a lot of office space. Plus it helps that I work at night and I'm alone for the most part. I have several things in here. Perfect pushup. A few free weights. Jump rope. Elastic bands. Pullup bar. Bosu ball. Yoga mat. Ab wheel. The ab wheel is the TRUTH lol.

If you want to increase cardio and not get burned out, I'd suggest going to a running shoe store. Like a professional one. Not Foot Locker. Get fitted for a running shoe that fits YOU. Everyone has different size arch in their foot, different pronation whether is be over, under, or neutral. etc. The type and kind of shoe you wear can make a huge difference in distance.
    I just meant that I got really tired of running all the time. I wanted to do something different but I did not know that about shoes. I didn't know they could make that big a difference.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shoes make a ton of difference. I do a lot of cardio and when I hit the treadmill, if I'm wearing my basketball shoes, my shins get so sore so quick and I can't leg it out like I'd like to. With my running shoes, I hit the treadmill at a 3.0% incline to simulate pavement and go 5K in half an hour.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am supposed to run a 5K with my wife's company in December. I have never ran in anything like that. When I was running all the time, I could run 5K in under 23 minutes, but of course this was always on a treadmill. I never ran outside that much. I am gonna have to do a little running before hand and get my legs back into running shape a little. The last time I ran a couple of miles a few months ago, I couldn't believe how sore my legs were the next day. It's funny how fast you can get out of shape. Now I know what they mean when they say a player may have stayed in shape, but he is not in football shape.

BTW I wear Adidas running shoes and my shins never hurt.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    P90X kicked my ass.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Got mine in great shape...I had lost a few inch vertical when I stopped playing beach volleyball for a couple of years. Got it back by the end of 90 days...as Tony says the plyometrics is mother of all workouts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    damn... wish I had known about the shoes before. I was up to 288 lbs. my work had a cash incentive for all employees to go do a general physcial/prescreen type stuff. my cholesterol was skyhigh... I didn't even do p90x... just p90. and lots of treadmill work. cut back on the food... lost 42#, but really ****ed my left calf up. had an ultrasound to check for a blood clot... all was good. haven't been back for mri or ct, been on anti-inflamatory to see if it will come out of it on its own... but it's been 2 months and sometimes I can still hardly walk on it.

I blame the work on the treadmill mostly... if I can ever get the calf in good shape again, these shoes will be a must for me... as it is, I have gained all the weight back, as I can't run and have let the diet slide... although I am doing quite a bit of strength training recently.. upper body of course... need to shed the weight though, need to get back to cardio
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

p90x is no joke

I've gone through P90x twice and I love it. I just wish each workout was a bit shorter. Don't use bands unless you have to. Invest in dumb bells and a good chin up bar. DO THE YOGA AND STRETCHING! Believe me it helps.

I may try Insanity because I've heard it's shorter but more intense.
    Quote Quote