Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

1. -411
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Larry Hughes. Antwan Jamison. Mo Williams. Anderson Varejao. JJ Hickson. 50 year-old Shaquille O'Neal. Zydrunas Ilgauskus. Delonte West. Daniel Gibson.

junk's reasoning: LeBron's fault.

in a watered down NBA w/ the best player in the game that team was capable of winning a title or at least getting to the Finals. The star of the team didn't show up when it mattered most.
    Quote Quote  

2. -412
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    in a watered down NBA w/ the best player in the game that team was capable of winning a title or at least getting to the Finals. The star of the team didn't show up when it mattered most.
    With all the crap that surrounded LeBron, they can only do so much. They were lucky to get to the Finals in 2007, and they got manhandled by a complete team in the Spurs.

Quote Quote  

3. -413
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watered down or not, you aren't winning with those guys that I listed.

Take any star in the league and swap them out for LeBron and you get similar results.

JJJ Hickson lolol.

Quote Quote  

4. -414
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Name me the last player to win a title that wasnt surrounded by other great players. I expect this to take a while.

Quote Quote  

5. -415
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Name me the last player to win a title that wasnt surrounded by other great players. I expect this to take a while.
    Tim Duncan 2003, Robinson was barely playing and they thought so highly of Tony Parker at that pointb they were trying to replace him w/ Kidd. plus Ginoboli was a rookie

Detroit was a team w/o a superstar in 2004

Houston only had 1 star in 1994

who were the other GREAT players in dallas besides Dirk? they had good players but no great ones.

Lakers 2009 & 2010 had average talent around Kobe

how about just getting to the Finals? Howard had nothing in 2009 when they whipped lebron after lebron thought the series was over w/ the last second shot early in the series.
    Quote Quote  

6. -416
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tim Duncan 2003, Robinson was barely playing and they thought so highly of Tony Parker at that pointb they were trying to replace him w/ Kidd. plus Ginoboli was a rookie

who were the other GREAT players in dallas besides Dirk? they had good players but no great ones.

how about just getting to the Finals? Howard had nothing in 2009 when they whipped lebron after lebron thought the series was over w/ the last second shot early in the series.
    Rather than a player quietly playing out his contract, entering free agency and then prudently making an informed decision predicated on what's best for him and his family rather than re-upping a 2nd time for a hapless franchise, mentally ballistic, lip-service paying owner who used him as a cash cow and a terminally inept front office...

..when it comes to perceived injustices and sports inequities, personally I'd be more incensed over NFL teams with nothing to lose playing meaningless games and laying down to gift undeserving mediocre ones a playoff passport. Oh and also cash rich, biggest major market baseball teams who try to buy championships by inducing top tier, high impact players like Roger Clemens, Giambi, ARod and CC with their opened checkbooks

But that's just me

Brooklyn Nets: Just say "No" to me-first, unfaithful drama queen divas in Orlando who need to stay with their own teams!!!

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

7. -417
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Rather than a player quietly playing out his contract, entering free agency and then prudently making an informed decision predicated on what's best for him and his family rather than re-upping a 2nd time for a hapless franchise, mentally ballistic, lip-service paying owner who used him as a cash cow and a terminally inept front office...

..when it comes to perceived injustices and sports inequities, personally I'd be more incensed over NFL teams with nothing to lose playing meaningless games and laying down to gift undeserving mediocre ones a playoff passport. Oh and also cash rich, biggest major market baseball teams who try to buy championships by inducing top tier, high impact players like Roger Clemens, Giambi, ARod and CC with their opened checkbooks

But that's just me

Brooklyn Nets: Just say "No" to me-first, unfaithful drama queen divas in Orlando who need to stay with their own teams!!!
    oh so the yanks bought championships while the heat(and Marlins) didn't

I know of no bigger excuse maker than you

By the way, the Yankee dynasty of the late 90s-early 00s was mostly homegrown and w/ trades, they had very few high prices FAs on thos teams(Key in '96, Wells in '98). If you didn't just make excuses you'd understand the facts.

and AGAIN, I don't blame the Heat organization for anything. They made the right move, it's about the best player in the game being scared to win on his own.
    Quote Quote  

8. -418
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91

You dont understand the difference between a good player thats not a star and absolute ****, do you? The Spurs were a great defensive team in 02-03 and had quite a few very capable helping players.

Bringing up the Pistons is laughable. Dominant defensively and chock full of good players. They had Sheed, Billups, Wallace, Prince and Hamilton in their primes and Larry Brown for HC. Thats a damn good team.

Houston is before my time. I dont care what the Rockets did in '94. I do know they needed Jordan to peace out.

With Dallas, again, you seem lost on the difference between good supporting players and absolute ****. Jason Terry can score. He hit Lord knows how many big shots on their run. Barrea came up big. Jason Kidd hit big shots and could still ball. Tyson Chandler was a defensive beast. Any of those are better than anything Lebron had a Cleveland. Thats not even debatable.

The Lakers...holy **** at you having the sense of humor to include those. They had Pau Gasol who was one of the best big men in the league. They had Bynum. They had Lamar Odom. Ron Artest/Trevor Ariza. Derek Fisher was pretty decent. Any of those players save for Fisher was better than anything Lebron had to work with in Cleveland. ****, they even had a star in Pau Gasol.

As for your point about getting to the Finals...yea Howard got there. So did Lebron. They both got ass raped. Lebron ran into a team with lots of good players (Spurs). Got swept. Howard ran into the Lakers who had two stars and a ton of good role players. They won one game. You cant win by yourself. Its not gonna happen in today's NBA. Just aint. Imagine Lebron staying in Cleveland with that load of ****. Assume he make the Finals and has to player the Thunder who are loaded with talent. Try guess the outcome there. Its not hard junc. Just apply common sense.
    Quote Quote  

9. -419
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    You dont understand the difference between a good player thats not a star and absolute ****, do you? The Spurs were a great defensive team in 02-03 and had quite a few very capable helping players.

Bringing up the Pistons is laughable. Dominant defensively and chock full of good players. They had Sheed, Billups, Wallace, Prince and Hamilton in their primes and Larry Brown for HC. Thats a damn good team.

Houston is before my time. I dont care what the Rockets did in '94. I do know they needed Jordan to peace out.

With Dallas, again, you seem lost on the difference between good supporting players and absolute ****. Jason Terry can score. He hit Lord knows how many big shots on their run. Barrea came up big. Jason Kidd hit big shots and could still ball. Tyson Chandler was a defensive beast. Any of those are better than anything Lebron had a Cleveland. Thats not even debatable.

The Lakers...holy **** at you having the sense of humor to include those. They had Pau Gasol who was one of the best big men in the league. They had Bynum. They had Lamar Odom. Ron Artest/Trevor Ariza. Derek Fisher was pretty decent. Any of those players save for Fisher was better than anything Lebron had to work with in Cleveland. ****, they even had a star in Pau Gasol.

As for your point about getting to the Finals...yea Howard got there. So did Lebron. They both got ass raped. Lebron ran into a team with lots of good players (Spurs). Got swept. Howard ran into the Lakers who had two stars and a ton of good role players. They won one game. You cant win by yourself. Its not gonna happen in today's NBA. Just aint. Imagine Lebron staying in Cleveland with that load of ****. Assume he make the Finals and has to player the Thunder who are loaded with talent. Try guess the outcome there. Its not hard junc. Just apply common sense.
    you asked me to name the player who last won w/o great playesr around them, I named multiple. Sorry you don't like the answer.

Pao Gasol is a GOOD player, nothing more. I'm not sure bynum even qualifies as good.

he should have been able to beat Howard and the magic in that series, should have been able to beat an old, beat up Boston team the next season. He didn't show up and they lost- the same thingt hat happened in the '11 Finals against Dallas. In '12 he showed up and was great which is why they won. It could have been why other teams he was on won too if he stepped up like that previously.
    Quote Quote  

10. -420
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh so the yanks bought championships while the heat(and Marlins) didn't

I know of no bigger excuse maker than you

By the way, the Yankee dynasty of the late 90s-early 00s was mostly homegrown and w/ trades, they had very few high prices FAs on thos teams(Key in '96, Wells in '98). If you didn't just make excuses you'd understand the facts.

and AGAIN, I don't blame the Heat organization for anything. They made the right move, it's about the best player in the game being scared to win on his own.
    I would hope that even if your organization changes hands, you get a new difficult and unsupportive boss over you with whom you disagree, and support staff you might need to work through to accomplish goals gets pared due to budget cuts or replaced by cheap under qualified personnel, if, in fact, you're as good at your job as you think you are, the right thing for you to would be to keep that non-updated resume in the drawer and rely on your own abilities to overcome rather than even thinking about changing jobs... right?
    Quote Quote