Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

1. -471
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    What does whether I went to college or not have to do w/ anything?

Lebron took the easy, cowardly, non-competitive way out. Still an all time great but a disappointment from a fan of the games perspective. I hate seeing truly great players take the easy way out. The greats shouldn't follow others, others should follow them.
    I mean I'd hate for you to have gone to college and tried to take the easy way out to better yourself and your journey.

Much better to suck it up and struggle out of high school.

Looks like everyone is still following LeBron...he's just on a team that's committed to winning.

It's like being involved in a marriage where you're the only one bringing anything to the table. LeBron divorced Cleveland for good reason.

Antwan Jamison.

Quote Quote  

2. -472
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sabathia, Winfield, Reggie Jackson were cowards? Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Shaqille O'Neill(x2) were two also? Dwight Howard is both a coward and a coward in waiting? Guess Stottlemeyer isn't but that would make Carmelo one as well. Who knew

Going from Dan Gilbert to Mickey Arrison is like going from Woody Johnson to Bob Kraft. Now that LeBron has been local to see Jeffrey Lauria up close and personal, anyone who thinks he's ever gonna want to return to the clutches of the Jeffrey Lauria of basketball is smoking too much wacky weed.

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote  

3. -473
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I just dont get how putting yourself in the best position for success is a bad quality. By this logic, Lebron shouldnt work for better shots either. He should settle for difficult ones to prove how great he is.
    Exactly.

Until he can shoot the ball: out of his ass, off the jugs of the blond in the seventeenth row, pausing in midair for 4.8 seconds exactly, taking a 90 degree left turn, reconsidering, flying back to aforementioned jugs, tripping the beer vendor when he has only one frosty cold beverage left on his tray so that it falls directly into my outstretched hand, then riccocheting off of the opposing basket, knocking Marv Albert's rug off, before nestling into the center of the hoop ...

... He'll always be average at best in my book.

... Or, he could just sign with the Spurs when his contract expires.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

4. -474
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I mean I'd hate for you to have gone to college and tried to take the easy way out to better yourself and your journey.

Much better to suck it up and struggle out of high school.

Looks like everyone is still following LeBron...he's just on a team that's committed to winning.

It's like being involved in a marriage where you're the only one bringing anything to the table. LeBron divorced Cleveland for good reason.

Antwan Jamison.

you always try to compare these guys to regular jobs, they are not. I didn't get drafted into a job or w/ a certain company after I graduated from College. I could choose any company I want that wanted me. They do this in pro sports to provide competitive balance.

If regular people leave for anothr job it may be to make more money or to be able to make any money, that wasn't the issue w/ lebron. It was about jumping on the backs of others to win a title.

Again, others should follow him not the other way around but he got his championship and will likely win many more, I think if he stayed in Cle he would have won multiple titles too- he's that great but he took the easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Sabathia, Winfield, Reggie Jackson were cowards? Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Shaqille O'Neill(x2) were two also? Dwight Howard is both a coward and a coward in waiting? Guess Stottlemeyer isn't but that would make Carmelo one as well. Who knew

Going from Dan Gilbert to Mickey Arrison is like going from Woody Johnson to Bob Kraft. Now that LeBron has been local to see Jeffrey Lauria up close and personal, anyone who thinks he's ever gonna want to return to the clutches of the Jeffrey Lauria of basketball is smoking too much wacky weed.
    I don't think any of those guys are on the level of Lebron and Reggie won in Oakland, kareem won in Milwaukee. Reggie Jackson? a borderline HOF player in a completel different sport where 1 guy doesn't make nearly as much of an impact as a star in basketball?

as great as Shaq was he wasn't Lebron, Dwight Howard is nowhere near Lebron and neither is Carmelo. Lebron is a top 5 all time type of guy. It's disappointing as a sports fan to see a player like him take the easy way out, it would have been disappointing to see Michael or Magic do that too.

What does Mel Stottlemyre have to to w/ anything?
    Quote Quote  

5. -475
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These are regular jobs. This is how they survive. It's just a different job obviously. It's not your everyday 9-5 but it's a way of life. And a way of life is bigger than job or basketball or whatever.

These teams are companies who view these draftees as potential hires. That's why they're interviewed and picked over with a fine tooth comb. Unfortunately for these guys looking for jobs, they may land with some crappy company. Unlike Jordan and Magic who are born into rich families like the Bulls and Lakers, LeBron got stuck in Cleveland. Jordan's last season in te NBA: 57 wins. He leaves: 55 wins. LeBron leaves a team he took to the finals: 12 wins. This isn't hard to figure out.

LeBron is the only person in league history who gets criticized for seeking better employment. Then he's accused of jumping on someone else's back. Do the Heat win without LeBron? No. Do the Bulls win without Jordan? No. Do the Bulls win without Pippen? No. Everyone has to play their role. Cleveland didn't have it. Cleveland can't attract superstars and they don't draft well. Had LeBron stayed, we'd talk about what could have been the night of "The Decision" had he left for Miami or New York or Chicago.

LeBron did the right thing and if he had to do it again he'd leave Cleveland again.
    Quote Quote  

6. -476
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    These are regular jobs. This is how they survive. It's just a different job obviously. It's not your everyday 9-5 but it's a way of life. And a way of life is bigger than job or basketball or whatever.

These teams are companies who view these draftees as potential hires. That's why they're interviewed and picked over with a fine tooth comb. Unfortunately for these guys looking for jobs, they may land with some crappy company. Unlike Jordan and Magic who are born into rich families like the Bulls and Lakers, LeBron got stuck in Cleveland. Jordan's last season in te NBA: 57 wins. He leaves: 55 wins. LeBron leaves a team he took to the finals: 12 wins. This isn't hard to figure out.

LeBron is the only person in league history who gets criticized for seeking better employment. Then he's accused of jumping on someone else's back. Do the Heat win without LeBron? No. Do the Bulls win without Jordan? No. Do the Bulls win without Pippen? No. Everyone has to play their role. Cleveland didn't have it. Cleveland can't attract superstars and they don't draft well. Had LeBron stayed, we'd talk about what could have been the night of "The Decision" had he left for Miami or New York or Chicago.

LeBron did the right thing and if he had to do it again he'd leave Cleveland again.
    You know Chi never won anything before or since Jordan, right?

these guys have a unique talent but there is nothing normal about what they do and how those leagues operate.

The heat won w/o Lebron 6 years earlier w/ wade as a star.

lebron would have won eventually in Cleveland but he chose the easy way out. he is held to a higher standard than the average player. If Michael did it he'd be criticized too, Magic, Bird, etc... But they didn't. magic walked into a great situation but they weren't winning until he got there.
    Quote Quote  

7. -477
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    You keep talking like Lebron strong-armed his way out of Cleveland after a year or something. He played out two full contracts. He gave Cleveland like 8 years or something like that.

And the Bulls never win a championship without Jordan, but come on dude. They were CLEARLY worlds better without Jordan than the Cavs were sans Lebron. The Bulls made either a ECF or a Finals without Jordan if memory serves. The Cavs were literally historically inept without Lebron.

Antwan Jamison

Quote Quote  

8. -478
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Antawn was an all star caliber player most of his career, stop bashing a great Heel.

Chicago had very little around Jordan his first 5-6 years in a MUCH tougher era as there were mroe(actual) great teams in the league to have to get by. Did he quit? did he try to go to the Lakers or Pistons to get championships?
    Quote Quote  

9. -479
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Antawn was an all star caliber player most of his career, stop bashing a great Heel.

Chicago had very little around Jordan his first 5-6 years in a MUCH tougher era as there were mroe(actual) great teams in the league to have to get by. Did he quit? did he try to go to the Lakers or Pistons to get championships?
    Antwan Jmison was a good player for much of his career, but he just wasnt that good anymore by the time Cleveland got him. Youre the one who cited Jamison as something Cleveland did to improve the team.

Jordan has ALWAYS had more than Lebron. Eight (8) years and the best player on the Cleveland roster not named Lebron was probably Mo ****ing Williams. Thnk about that for a second lol. Jordan was incredible, but he needed Pippen (a top 50 all-time NBA player) and other good players to win those rings. He doesnt win a single championship with Mo Williams and a washed up Antwan Jamison.
    Quote Quote  

10. -480
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks

So what exactly happened after Jordan's first 5-6 years? Please, fill us in.

And everything about what these guys do is normal. You and I can go out and play basketball right now and it's normal. They're just VERY good at it. Just like you and I can go out and work on computers for a living...only I happen to be REALLY good at it. The league is ran just like any other company. Rules, etc. designed to make money. Just like any minimum wage job.
    Quote Quote