Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

1. -401
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    So junc...why is taking initiative and finding a team capable of winning considered "taking the easy way out", but someone who gets drafted into a great situation is not considered to be doing it wrong? Shouldnt they request a trade to a bum**** team so they can do it all by themselves (which isnt even possible)?

Quote Quote  

2. -402
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    So junc...why is taking initiative and finding a team capable of winning considered "taking the easy way out", but someone who gets drafted into a great situation is not considered to be doing it wrong? Shouldnt they request a trade to a bum**** team so they can do it all by themselves (which isnt even possible)?
    I have explained it numerous times. A player of his caliber shouldn't be following other players to a different team, other players should have been following him to Cleveland.

Some guys are in better situations than others but Michael Jordan didn't walk into a great sitaution, could you imgaione him signing w/ the lakers to play w/ Magic or Boston w/ Bird after he didn't win early in his career? of course not b/c he was the ultimate competitor, he was going to win in Chicago and i think lebron was going to win in Cle but he couldn't stick it out.
    Quote Quote  

3. -403
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I have explained it numerous times. A player of his caliber shouldn't be following other players to a different team, other players should have been following him to Cleveland.

Some guys are in better situations than others but Michael Jordan didn't walk into a great sitaution, could you imgaione him signing w/ the lakers to play w/ Magic or Boston w/ Bird after he didn't win early in his career? of course not b/c he was the ultimate competitor, he was going to win in Chicago and i think lebron was going to win in Cle but he couldn't stick it out.
    ..and it was explained to you that LeBron gave it 7 years including resigning, putting up with a mediocre cast of supporting characters, a raving lunatic, unqualified, petty, il-equipt owner who used him as a cash cow and an inept GM watching lesser players like Tony Parker, Gasol, Kevin Garnett etc get the support and coaching they needed to succeed. He did more than enough for the **** franchise and owner who drafted him. He left after his 7th year and in a post previously, I enumerated the differences between who he had to play with, through and be coached by after 7 years, vs Magic, MJ and Bird in their 7th year.. Anyone who doesn't think he gave the city of Cleveland and that team a fair chance to do the right thing is drinking the hateraid.

Again, if winning 7 of 8 post season series in the last 2 years including coming back from behind in the last 3 of em is taking the easy way out but you think being a mediocre in season team getting gifted into the playoffs is deserving, then it merely showcases how your priorities are so prejudicially aligned.

Quote Quote  

4. -404
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

A player shouldn't do that? Why? Who makes that rule? You? Michael Jordan? Skip Bayless?

Players are free to do whatever they wish. That's why they call it free agency.
    People in all kinds of industries move to other areas of the country to find more success.

Doctors do it. Actors and actresses do it. Artists do it, but somehow a lot of people just put sports in a different category for many things. It's a business. It's their career. Who are we to say what they should do with their life?

Lebron took a very average team to the Finals. Seven years with one team, and they couldn't put a team around him. I know if I worked for a company that was top 2 in production based mostly on MY work, I wouldn't want have confidence in management to make the company better.

I would look for greener pastures, too. But then again, I guess that's okay in your eyes because I don't play professional sports.
    Quote Quote  

5. -405
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    ..and it was explained to you that LeBron gave it 7 years including resigning, putting up with a mediocre cast of supporting characters, a raving lunatic, unqualified, petty, il-equipt owner who used him as a cash cow and an inept GM watching lesser players like Tony Parker, Gasol, Kevin Garnett etc get the support and coaching they needed to succeed. He did more than enough for the **** franchise and owner who drafted him. He left after his 7th year and in a post previously, I enumerated the differences between who he had to play with, through and be coached by after 7 years, vs Magic, MJ and Bird in their 7th year.. Anyone who doesn't think he gave the city of Cleveland and that team a fair chance to do the right thing is drinking the hateraid.

Again, if winning 7 of 8 post season series in the last 2 years including coming back from behind in the last 3 of em is taking the easy way out but you think being a mediocre in season team getting gifted into the playoffs is deserving, then it merely showcases how your priorities are so prejudicially aligned.
    Yeah, he was supposed to struggle with the NBA's version of Matt Millen, keep grinding and just hope that one day he might have competent teammates, then go to another team after he's 32 and on the downside of his career like Charles Barkley did?

And enough with all the Michael Jordan talk. I don't care what he says. He didn't win anything until Pippen and other players came along, SEVEN years into his career. Guess who became a free agent after seven years? Lebron...playing for a crappy organization. It's easy for Jordan to say what he wouldn't have done when the decision was easy for him. When it comes to that statement, he's full of it in my opinion.

He has an understandably huge ego. What did you really expect him to say? The Michael Jordan worship is annoying. Yes, he's the greatest to play the game at this point, but he's not God. His word isn't gospel, just another man's opinion and/or lie.
    Quote Quote  

6. -406
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post

7 years wasn't long enough, he was only 25 years old when he left. he had/has many prime years left. Imagine Jordan trying to leave Chi b/c he didn't win his first 6 seasons.

Those lesser players need more help, that's why they are lesser players.

He thought all he'd have to do is step on the court w/ those other players and they'd win, he learned that wasn't the case and until he stepped up he wasn't winning. He stepped up and they won, if he did so in Cle he may have won there too and eventually he would have but he wanted the easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    A player shouldn't do that? Why? Who makes that rule? You? Michael Jordan? Skip Bayless?

Players are free to do whatever they wish. That's why they call it free agency.
    People in all kinds of industries move to other areas of the country to find more success.

Doctors do it. Actors and actresses do it. Artists do it, but somehow a lot of people just put sports in a different category for many things. It's a business. It's their career. Who are we to say what they should do with their life?

Lebron took a very average team to the Finals. Seven years with one team, and they couldn't put a team around him. I know if I worked for a company that was top 2 in production based mostly on MY work, I wouldn't want have confidence in management to make the company better.

I would look for greener pastures, too. But then again, I guess that's okay in your eyes because I don't play professional sports.
    Dr's and actors have nothing to do w/ sports.

You act like lebron wasn't well paid for what he did in Cleveland, I know he was a "slave" The man was among the highest paid players in the league and he didn't play like it in postseason.

He has every right to go wherever he wants, I just gave my opinion as a sports fan. It's flattering so many of you care so much about what I think. It's disappointing as a sports fan to see a guy I defended from day 1 in the NBA, a guy I thought would be in the dicussion of greatest of all time take the easy way out. No matter what he does in Miami he'll never catch Michael but he could have.
    Quote Quote  

7. -407
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    7 years wasn't long enough, he was only 25 years old when he left. he had/has many prime years left. Imagine Jordan trying to leave Chi b/c he didn't win his first 6 seasons.

Those lesser players need more help, that's why they are lesser players.

He thought all he'd have to do is step on the court w/ those other players and they'd win, he learned that wasn't the case and until he stepped up he wasn't winning. He stepped up and they won, if he did so in Cle he may have won there too and eventually he would have but he wanted the easy way out.

Dr's and actors have nothing to do w/ sports.

You act like lebron wasn't well paid for what he did in Cleveland, I know he was a "slave" The man was among the highest paid players in the league and he didn't play like it in postseason.

He has every right to go wherever he wants, I just gave my opinion as a sports fan. It's flattering so many of you care so much about what I think. It's disappointing as a sports fan to see a guy I defended from day 1 in the NBA, a guy I thought would be in the dicussion of greatest of all time take the easy way out. No matter what he does in Miami he'll never catch Michael but he could have.
    You lost me at "Doctors have nothing to do with sports." I'm pretty sure you understand the parallel I was drawing there. No worries. There's also no need to feel flattered. We come on here for healthy debate and speculation. It's not about any one poster.

We'll agree to disagree.
    Quote Quote  

8. -408
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    You lost me at "Doctors have nothing to do with sports." I'm pretty sure you understand the parallel I was drawing there. No worries. There's also no need to feel flattered. We come on here for healthy debate and speculation. It's not about any one poster.

We'll agree to disagree.

when Dr's start having lunatic fans that buy their jerseys, watch them on TV, follow them on a daily basis on MBs, other websites, papers, pay money to see them perform every wekk, etc... then we'll have a valid comparison.
    Quote Quote  

9. -409
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I know I said it before, but it bears repeating.

Junc doesnt know when conch is done.
    Quote Quote  

10. -410
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Michael left after Chi won 3 championships, Lebron left under different circumstances which could have almsot destroyed the franchise.

Lebron should have won championships(at least a championship) in Cle, he had enough if he played to his greatness when it mattered most.
    Larry Hughes. Antwan Jamison. Mo Williams. Anderson Varejao. JJ Hickson. 50 year-old Shaquille O'Neal. Zydrunas Ilgauskus. Delonte West. Daniel Gibson.

junk's reasoning: LeBron's fault.

Quote Quote