Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 633

Thread: LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

  1. -421
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,482
    vCash:
    3640
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you asked me to name the player who last won w/o great playesr around them, I named multiple. Sorry you don't like the answer.


    Pao Gasol is a GOOD player, nothing more. I'm not sure bynum even qualifies as good.

    he should have been able to beat Howard and the magic in that series, should have been able to beat an old, beat up Boston team the next season. He didn't show up and they lost- the same thingt hat happened in the '11 Finals against Dallas. In '12 he showed up and was great which is why they won. It could have been why other teams he was on won too if he stepped up like that previously.
    Eli Manning! Oopsie wrong sport I guess.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever


    Quote Quote  

  2. -422
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,963
    vCash:
    19194
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Eli Manning! Oopsie wrong sport I guess.
    wrong all around
    Quote Quote  

  3. -423
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,963
    vCash:
    19194
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I would hope that even if your organization changes hands, you get a new difficult and unsupportive boss over you with whom you disagree, and support staff you might need to work through to accomplish goals gets pared due to budget cuts or replaced by cheap under qualified personnel, if, in fact, you're as good at your job as you think you are, the right thing for you to would be to keep that non-updated resume in the drawer and rely on your own abilities to overcome rather than even thinking about changing jobs... right?
    did lebron change jobs? last I checked he's still in the same industry. Blame mgmt, blame the owner but he's the best player in the sport and playesr like that elevate players around them. He had cahnces to win and failed, he even had a chance to win and failed in Miami. Until he stepped up he never won, he would have won in Cleveland. The funny thing is after they lost game 1 and everyone overreacted I saw all the excuses start blaming his supporting cast, blaming Spoelstra but Lebron played like he was capable of and lifted his team to a title. It was on him in Cle and he found out it was on him in Miami and finally came through.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -424
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,803
    vCash:
    11496
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    did lebron change jobs? last I checked he's still in the same industry. Blame mgmt, blame the owner but he's the best player in the sport and playesr like that elevate players around them. He had cahnces to win and failed, he even had a chance to win and failed in Miami. Until he stepped up he never won, he would have won in Cleveland. The funny thing is after they lost game 1 and everyone overreacted I saw all the excuses start blaming his supporting cast, blaming Spoelstra but Lebron played like he was capable of and lifted his team to a title. It was on him in Cle and he found out it was on him in Miami and finally came through.
    No, he didn't change "jobs." If you've got a certain skillset that's in demand, you change companies when the one you're with doesn't provide a sincere opportunity to grow and blossom by putting the right support people in place. Nor, if you have developed specialized skills, would I expect you to change your job specialization unless your company was in a very limited "industry" and it's out of necessity. That's the point, he changed employers to one run by someone with a history of investing for growth and a general boss who has actually has a track record of success in bringing the best out in his "employees." So you missed the point. Now suppose you had an offer from a competing company 3 years ago that your employer got wind of, made a counter-offer to keep you which entailed more compensation but also assurances that he will put into place a better direct supervisor and supporting cast. You are skeptical based on what you know of your employer's past behaviors but feel enough loyalty that you agree to stay, at least for the short term. What would you do if things don't appreciably improve? Say "I've been with this company for 7 years, if anything I'm going backwards, but I need to give it 12 years of my prime before looking for another job" or would you junc say, "I was a fool for staying this long, color me gone as soon as a better offer unfolds" ????




    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead



    Quote Quote  

  5. -425
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,963
    vCash:
    19194
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    No, he didn't change "jobs." If you've got a certain skillset that's in demand, you change companies when the one you're with doesn't provide a sincere opportunity to grow and blossom by putting the right support people in place. Nor, if you have developed specialized skills, would I expect you to change your job specialization unless your company was in a very limited "industry" and it's out of necessity. That's the point, he changed employers to one run by someone with a history of investing for growth and a general boss who has actually has a track record of success in bringing the best out in his "employees." So you missed the point. Now suppose you had an offer from a competing company 3 years ago that your employer got wind of, made a counter-offer to keep you which entailed more compensation but also assurances that he will put into place a better direct supervisor and supporting cast. You are skeptical based on what you know of your employer's past behaviors but feel enough loyalty that you agree to stay, at least for the short term. What would you do if things don't appreciably improve? Say "I've been with this company for 7 years, if anything I'm going backwards, but I need to give it 12 years of my prime before looking for another job" or would you junc say, "I was a fool for staying this long, color me gone as soon as a better offer unfolds" ????
    Stop trying to compare this to normal jobs. he's going to make his money no matter where he plays, he'll be able to take care of his family and whoever else no matter where he plays. You cannot compare that to the average worker in the US. He has a unique skill, good for him, make as much money as he can but it's not a normal job and you cannot compare what he does to what most people do.

    Besides he's a slave, isn't he?

    He had every right to leave Cleveland, my point has always been it's disappointing as a fan of sports to see such a great player take the easy way out.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -426
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,803
    vCash:
    11496
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Stop trying to compare this to normal jobs. he's going to make his money no matter where he plays, he'll be able to take care of his family and whoever else no matter where he plays. You cannot compare that to the average worker in the US. He has a unique skill, good for him, make as much money as he can but it's not a normal job and you cannot compare what he does to what most people do.

    Besides he's a slave, isn't he?

    He had every right to leave Cleveland, my point has always been it's disappointing as a fan of sports to see such a great player take the easy way out.
    Well one of my lifelong bestfriends is literally an $8figure top exec in a narrow Wall Street specialization. He recently quit a prestigious company he had joined several years previously because while he lived up to his end of the bargain providing them with credibility in that area of expertise as he's globally known and directly and indirectly through his group generating multiples of his compensation, the organization, one which is a household name in the investment industry did not live up to the spirit of their assurances and he stopped respecting the people at the very top. He was quite unhappy so he left to do his own thing (even more successfully I might add). Now would I call someone who owns a Park Ave duplex, has about 5 other houses throughout the country, owns the finest cars and retains a limo and driver at his and his family's disposal a "slave" ??? Hell no! He'd chortle at that description but despite having the status, reputation and earnings most would envy, it didn't reduce his dissatisfaction and frustration he had jobwise and philosophy wise. I'd say that in his narrow narrow financial specialization, he's in as much demand as LeBron is in his and compensated relatively ... so while you personally cannot identify with LeBron's frustration, my bud certainly could. As a matter of fact we had this very conversation over the weekend and that's why it's top of mind.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -427
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,963
    vCash:
    19194
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Well one of my lifelong bestfriends is literally an $8figure top exec in a narrow Wall Street specialization. He recently quit a prestigious company he had joined several years previously because while he lived up to his end of the bargain providing them with credibility in that area of expertise as he's globally known and directly and indirectly through his group generating multiples of his compensation, the organization, one which is a household name in the investment industry did not live up to the spirit of their assurances and he stopped respecting the people at the very top. He was quite unhappy so he left to do his own thing (even more successfully I might add). Now would I call someone who owns a Park Ave duplex, has about 5 other houses throughout the country, owns the finest cars and retains a limo and driver at his and his family's disposal a "slave" ??? Hell no! He'd chortle at that description but despite having the status, reputation and earnings most would envy, it didn't reduce his dissatisfaction and frustration he had jobwise and philosophy wise. I'd say that in his narrow narrow financial specialization, he's in as much demand as LeBron is in his and compensated relatively ... so while you personally cannot identify with LeBron's frustration, my bud certainly could. As a matter of fact we had this very conversation over the weekend and that's why it's top of mind.
    Congrats to your frined but that's not normal either, that's not something most average Americans can identify w/. Those are people at the top of their fields and yes they ahve every right to move on if they are not under contract but again as a fan of the sport and lebron(i debated for years the silly lebron vs. 'Melo arguments) I wanted to see him do it in Cleveland. It's nothing against Miami.

    Maybe I'm wrong to think that way, maybe it's old fashioned thinking?(I still have a few years to go to 40 so I'm not that old) I would not expect fans of the heat to agree w/ me b/c rightfully so you guys wanted him and were excited to get him b/c you knew you'd be winning championships.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -428
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,869
    vCash:
    6451
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Heat bought a championship? How is that possible in a salary cap league?

    Quote Quote  

  9. -429
    Dolfan3773's Avatar
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    6,692
    vCash:
    2363
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Haters gonna hate...I would be mad if I didn't have LBJ on my team, I would be mad if my team wasn't the Champions but guess what?!?! I have him on my team and we are CHAMPS! Sooooo....

    Last edited by Dolfan3773; 06-26-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -430
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,869
    vCash:
    6451
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Congrats to your frined but that's not normal either, that's not something most average Americans can identify w/. Those are people at the top of their fields and yes they ahve every right to move on if they are not under contract but again as a fan of the sport and lebron(i debated for years the silly lebron vs. 'Melo arguments) I wanted to see him do it in Cleveland. It's nothing against Miami.

    Maybe I'm wrong to think that way, maybe it's old fashioned thinking?(I still have a few years to go to 40 so I'm not that old) I would not expect fans of the heat to agree w/ me b/c rightfully so you guys wanted him and were excited to get him b/c you knew you'd be winning championships.
    Dead on.

    Progress. Move forward. Adapt.

    Things around you change, and if you aren't willing to adapt to those changes then you're gonna be left behind.

    I'm all for people who are upwardly mobile.

    If you grow up some rural area and realize that you're pretty good at culinary arts, why should you have to stay where you are and build your culinary legacy there. But the same type of person who grows up in say New York doesn't have to go anywhere.

    These is essentially the same thing when you look at guys like Magic and LeBron. Magic didn't have to go anywhere. But had he landed in Charlotte to start his career, he would have gone elsewhere and rightfully so. No one ever disses Kareem for leaving Milwaukee to chase championships with the Lakers in 1975. You go where you KNOW that you can succeed. Basketball is a TEAM sport and no one man wins championships.

    All of those teams that you named that had one star, even though I disagree, those team had the pieces around their one star to win. Role players, bench players, great front offices and damn good coaches. LeBron was the only person in the entire Cleveland organization who was without question above average.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. LeBron James is a Dolphin fan!
    By electrolyte in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 09:51 AM
  2. Question of the day - Lebron James
    By AZfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 02:27 PM
  3. NASA says it has found proof of existence of dark matter
    By ckb2001 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 07:10 PM
  4. A Lebron james situation?
    By kashbo in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 09:30 AM
  5. Lebron James
    By FinsNYanksFan13 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •