Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

1. -481
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Antwan Jmison was a good player for much of his career, but he just wasnt that good anymore by the time Cleveland got him. Youre the one who cited Jamison as something Cleveland did to improve the team.

Jordan has ALWAYS had more than Lebron. Eight (8) years and the best player on the Cleveland roster not named Lebron was probably Mo ****ing Williams. Thnk about that for a second lol. Jordan was incredible, but he needed Pippen (a top 50 all-time NBA player) and other good players to win those rings. He doesnt win a single championship with Mo Williams and a washed up Antwan Jamison.
    Jordan would have won in Cle w/ the talent he had b/c there weren't any great teams in the NBA. it's not like he had to go through the 80s Celtics/Pistons or lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    So what exactly happened after Jordan's first 5-6 years? Please, fill us in.

And everything about what these guys do is normal. You and I can go out and play basketball right now and it's normal. They're just VERY good at it. Just like you and I can go out and work on computers for a living...only I happen to be REALLY good at it. The league is ran just like any other company. Rules, etc. designed to make money. Just like any minimum wage job.
    He matured as a player, became less of a ball hog becoming a better teammate, the older dynasties started getting old and dying off and he elevated his game.

Were you drfated to your job? are you not allowed to leave your company? did you have to move to a location determined by a league? there's nothing normal about what these guys do.

any time you want to play basketball let me know
    Quote Quote  

2. -482
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Youre actually going to argue that Jordan wins a ring with those Cleveland teams

As for the "no good teams" argument, notice that Lebron actually beat a lot the ****ty teams he played single handedly until he came up against the Celtics and Spurs. You know, two very good teams. You cant beat complete teams like those two with one good player.

Quote Quote  

3. -483
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He matured as a player, became less of a ball hog becoming a better teammate, the older dynasties started getting old and dying off and he elevated his game.

Were you drfated to your job? are you not allowed to leave your company? did you have to move to a location determined by a league? there's nothing normal about what these guys do.

any time you want to play basketball let me know
    Drafted is no different than being hired. LeBron "applied" to the NBA, did he not?

Myself and several others applied for the position that I have now. I got it. Why?

Because they felt I was the best available for the position. Why did LeBron get drafted by Cleveland? Because of all the applicants they had to choose from, he was the best available.

The fact that get "drafted" and moved to location determined by the team that choose them has nothing to do with why you think playing basketball isn't a normal job.

You don't think it's a normal job because they get paid to "play" rather than "work." You associate basketball with "playing" because you're "playing basketball" and not "working basketball."

Get over it. These dudes work harder than the majority of the people who hit an alarm clock and then "go to work."

Quote Quote  

4. -484
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Youre actually going to argue that Jordan wins a ring with those Cleveland teams

As for the "no good teams" argument, notice that Lebron actually beat a lot the ****ty teams he played single handedly until he came up against the Celtics and Spurs. You know, two very good teams. You cant beat complete teams like those two with one good player.
    There's not a doubt in my mind. In this era of watered down teams? he definitely wins.

Bos won ONE title, they were a good/very good team. Not grat. I don't blame him for losing to SA(though he could have won a game or 2) but the way he went out against Boston was pathetic and his poor play was THE reason they lost.

Drafted is no different than being hired. LeBron "applied" to the NBA, did he not?

Myself and several others applied for the position that I have now. I got it. Why?

Because they felt I was the best available for the position. Why did LeBron get drafted by Cleveland? Because of all the applicants they had to choose from, he was the best available.

The fact that get "drafted" and moved to location determined by the team that choose them has nothing to do with why you think playing basketball isn't a normal job.

You don't think it's a normal job because they get paid to "play" rather than "work." You associate basketball with "playing" because you're "playing basketball" and not "working basketball."

Get over it. These dudes work harder than the majority of the people who hit an alarm clock and then "go to work."
    It's very different.

When you got your job they told you right out of college you were taking this job and had to relocate to Cleveland to do it?

At no point did I ever say they don't work hard so don't deflect w/ asinine comments like that. I am around NBA players and pro athletes for a living, I understand the business side better than most average fans. Working hard or not has nothing to do w/ the FACT that their job is not a regular job no matter how many excuses you want to make for the best player in the league taking the easy way out.
    Quote Quote  

5. -485

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's not a doubt in my mind. In this era of watered down teams? he definitely wins.

Bos won ONE title, they were a good/very good team. Not grat. I don't blame him for losing to SA(though he could have won a game or 2) but the way he went out against Boston was pathetic and his poor play was THE reason they lost.
    What does it say about his team if he needs to play lights out basketball every night in order for his team to have a prayer? The Bulls could have won a best of 7 against nearly any team in the league save for about 2 without Jordan even being on the court.
    Quote Quote  

6. -486
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watered down teams? The league is better today.

Teams play more defense today and they play zone defense at that. Jordan never had to face a zone.
    Quote Quote  

7. -487

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's very different.

When you got your job they told you right out of college you were taking this job and had to relocate to Cleveland to do it?

At no point did I ever say they don't work hard so don't deflect w/ asinine comments like that. I am around NBA players and pro athletes for a living, I understand the business side better than most average fans. Working hard or not has nothing to do w/ the FACT that their job is not a regular job no matter how many excuses you want to make for the best player in the league taking the easy way out.
    Please dont bring the "average fan" **** to this thread.

What youre saying is that just because Lebron was drafted to Cleveland, he had some sort of obligation to stay there? Thats ridiculous. Back home they have a program where the government will let you attend College of the Bahamas for free to be a teacher, but you owe them like 3 or 4 years of mandatory service in the public school of their choice once you graduate. Some of these schools are not ideal places to be if youre a teacher for a variety of reasons, mainly the kids and parents just not caring or trying to better themselves. When the teachers complete their mandatory time at whatever school, many of them move on to a better environment where they feel their talents are more appreciated. They do not have any obligation to keep teaching kids who dont try to improve.

Its the perfect example of mine and J's point, really. The only difference is that Lebron went above and beyond the call of duty and played out two contracts there. Hes like the teacher who decided to keep teaching in the hood until he finally realized he has getting nowhere and could accomplish more elsewhere.

Im not even a Heat fan BTW.
    Quote Quote  

8. -488
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What does it say about his team if he needs to play lights out basketball every night in order for his team to have a prayer? The Bulls could have won a best of 7 against nearly any team in the league save for about 2 without Jordan even being on the court.
    That's just not true, if he would have had average nights against Boston they would have beaten them.

If that's the case why didn't Chicago win the title in 1994? they didn't even make the conf Finals despite a roster full of experienced champions and adding Toni kukoc?

Watered down teams? The league is better today.

Teams play more defense today and they play zone defense at that. Jordan never had to face a zone.
    The NBA was better in the 80s and 90s than it is today. They have overexpanded(which started in Jordan's era) and it's harder to build great teams which is why the best teams outside of SA have put their teams together through FA and trdaes(Lakers, Heat, Celtics,...)

Please dont bring the "average fan" **** to this thread.

What youre saying is that just because Lebron was drafted to Cleveland, he had some sort of obligation to stay there? Thats ridiculous. Back home they have a program where the government will let you attend College of the Bahamas for free to be a teacher, but you owe them like 3 or 4 years of mandatory service in the public school of their choice once you graduate. Some of these schools are not ideal places to be if youre a teacher for a variety of reasons, mainly the kids and parents just not caring or trying to better themselves. When the teachers complete their mandatory time at whatever school, many of them move on to a better environment where they feel their talents are more appreciated. They do not have any obligation to keep teaching kids who dont try to improve.

Its the perfect example of mine and J's point, really. The only difference is that Lebron went above and beyond the call of duty and played out two contracts there. Hes like the teacher who decided to keep teaching in the hood until he finally realized he has getting nowhere and could accomplish more elsewhere.

Im not even a Heat fan BTW.
    He didn't have any obligation, he was w/in his rights to sign w/ anyone. I have never said he didn't have the right to move on, my complain is as a basketball fan it was disappoitning to see a guy who i thought could be in the Jordan conversation take the easy way out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -489

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So are teachers who leave to teach in places where their efforts are better appreciated disappointing?

And the Bulls won playoff series without Jordan. You just made our point lol. The Cavs were historically bad without Lebron.
    Quote Quote  

10. -490
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    So are teachers who leave to teach in places where their efforts are better appreciated disappointing?

And the Bulls won playoff series without Jordan. You just made our point lol. The Cavs were historically bad without Lebron.
    Do not make the mistake of thinking I'm agreeing with the green one, but ...

Good teachers make a diffrence wherever they are. Just saying.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The Chase for Lord Stanley Begins ...

LETS GO PENS!
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Quote