Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

1. -41
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Antwan Jamison didn't make any All-Star teams while playing with LeBron. Shaq didn't cement himself as a Hall of Famer last season either. Look at what he had to play with when he had it. You can't say Jamison used to be this so that's what he was last season just to make that pitiful argument look better lol.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Antwan Jamison didn't make any All-Star teams while playing with LeBron. Shaq didn't cement himself as a Hall of Famer last season either. Look at what he had to play with when he had it. You can't say Jamison used to be this so that's what he was last season just to make that pitiful argument look better lol.
    Shaq '10 was similar to David Robinson 1999 and Antawn is still a good player in the NBA- an AS caliber player.

and if you are only using AS apps when they played w/ Magic/Lebron then how does Kareem have 7? worthy have 1?

Magic helped make Norm Nixon an AS- did he ever make one w/o him? That's the point, the truly great players elevate the play of the players around them. lebron excuse makers use the excuse about the talent around him instead of lebron elevating that talent. The talent he had to work w/ was similar to Hou '94 or SA '99 but Hakeem and Duncan didn't need excuses.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude, that Houston team was loaded. They may not have been superstar players, but that was a very deep and physical team. That Houston team was very similar to the season's Boston team minus the big three. Boston and Houston both were very very deep on the bench and played some physical basketball.

These scrubs LeBron played with lol...he tried to elevate those bums. He elevated Mo Williams. Williams will be complete trash without LeBron. They aren't making the playoffs.

And I really don't know about the Magic/Worthy thing. I'm on my phone and copied that from an article on ESPN about Magic Johnson being a hypocrite.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude, that Houston team was loaded. They may not have been superstar players, but that was a very deep and physical team. That Houston team was very similar to the season's Boston team minus the big three. Boston and Houston both were very very deep on the bench and played some physical basketball.

These scrubs LeBron played with lol...he tried to elevate those bums. He elevated Mo Williams. Williams will be complete trash without LeBron. They aren't making the playoffs.

And I really don't know about the Magic/Worthy thing. I'm on my phone and copied that from an article on ESPN about Magic Johnson being a hypocrite.
    That Houston team was not loaded, they had Hakeem and a few decent role players.

Mo Williams w/ Lebron in '09: 17.8 PPG, 4.1 assists,
    Mo w/o Lebron in '08: 17.2 PPG, 6.3 assists

yeah, he sure made Mo better

Magic had Kareem as a rookie but he didn't have Worthy until 1983 and he won 2 titles w/o Worthy. That team wasn't winning championships until he completed them. Obviously he had much more talent around him than Lebron so it's not really a good comparison.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why don't you just wait till after this season? Its going to be pretty easy then to compare Cleveland's talent with that Jordan and Magic had. No offense nyunc, but your arguments have gotten pretty weak.....I sure hope you're just a fan and didn't actually attend unc because that would be rather depressing.

Jordan, Magic, and Lebron all left their teams in a lurch for various reasons, and all got to compete the next year without much to replace their superstar. I don't think I'm going out of a limb here predicting that this Cleveland team is going to do far worse without Lebron than those other squads did.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    Why don't you just wait till after this season? Its going to be pretty easy then to compare Cleveland's talent with that Jordan and Magic had. No offense nyunc, but your arguments have gotten pretty weak.....I sure hope you're just a fan and didn't actually attend unc because that would be rather depressing.

Jordan, Magic, and Lebron all left their teams in a lurch for various reasons, and all got to compete the next year without much to replace their superstar. I don't think I'm going out of a limb here predicting that this Cleveland team is going to do far worse without Lebron than those other squads did.
    I get that you guys will make excuses for Lebron now that he is on the Heat but thefacts are he had more than enough talent around him to make a run w/ no great teams in this league. he wasn't facing the 80s lakers, Celtics, Sixers or Pistons.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought he had a pretty miserable supporting cast and am pretty sure I'll be proven right when I see that cast try to make it on its own this season. And I think I'm with the vast majority on that one, but we'll see.

I saw a pretty good team play in Chicago after Jordan bailed for the first time......I wasn't watching basketball that much when Magic left but that supporting cast was pretty good as well. This season I expect a 20 win team in Cleveland.....seeing them try to play without Lebron last year was a painful sight. Granted they'll be better with an offseason to learn how to play together....still its hard to see them winning.

That's why they play the games.....we'll know soon enough.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    I thought he had a pretty miserable supporting cast and am pretty sure I'll be proven right when I see that cast try to make it on its own this season. And I think I'm with the vast majority on that one, but we'll see.

I saw a pretty good team play in Chicago after Jordan bailed for the first time......I wasn't watching basketball that much when Magic left but that supporting cast was pretty good as well. This season I expect a 20 win team in Cleveland.....seeing them try to play without Lebron last year was a painful sight. Granted they'll be better with an offseason to learn how to play together....still its hard to see them winning.

That's why they play the games.....we'll know soon enough.
    We'll see, I think that miserable supporting cast will be in the hunt for the postseason.

That Chi team had come off 3 championships and knew how to win, in 1995 before Jordan came back they were MUCH worse than they were in 1994(plus they did get Kukoc for '94 and he wasn't on the titile teams). The cast they had in Chi for the first 3 peat was not great, the 2nd 3 peat they had alot more talent but the first one they did not.

I know the cast wasn't great around Lebron but it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. If Lebron steps up they win, it's as simple as that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You keep saying role players role players...where were LeBron's role players? He never had any.

Houston was stacked 1 - 12. Olajuwon and Thorpe was one hell of a 1 - 2 punch. No one could stop them down low. Everyone knew they were getting to the Finals and would probably win without Jordan in the league to stop them. Houston beat New York that year who had a loaded team and a solid starting five.

And it wasn't that I was comparing LeBron and Magic. That came from the article. Magic said he disagreed with LeBron for wanting to go and play with other superstars when he said he wanted to play for the Lakers because he wanted to play with Kareem and company. The Bulls and Lakers flipped a coin in 1979 and Magic stated that had the Bulls won, he would have gone back to college lol. They're all hypocrites. LeBron James is the only guy in league history that is expected to win by myself with 11 scrubs. Otherwise his "legacy" is tarnished.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You keep saying role players role players...where were LeBron's role players? He never had any.

Houston was stacked 1 - 12. Olajuwon and Thorpe was one hell of a 1 - 2 punch. No one could stop them down low. Everyone knew they were getting to the Finals and would probably win without Jordan in the league to stop them. Houston beat New York that year who had a loaded team and a solid starting five.

And it wasn't that I was comparing LeBron and Magic. That came from the article. Magic said he disagreed with LeBron for wanting to go and play with other superstars when he said he wanted to play for the Lakers because he wanted to play with Kareem and company. The Bulls and Lakers flipped a coin in 1979 and Magic stated that had the Bulls won, he would have gone back to college lol. They're all hypocrites. LeBron James is the only guy in league history that is expected to win by myself with 11 scrubs. Otherwise his "legacy" is tarnished.
    Williams, West, Hickson, Parker. he had plenty of role players.

Houston was not stacked 1-12, they had Olajuwon and a bunch of average players. I love kenny Smith but he was nothing more than average in the NBA, Vernon maxwell average, Horry was a 2nd year player, Cassell a rookie, ... That team was not loaded. They would have been smoked by Chi if Michael was playing.
    Quote Quote