Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

1. -521
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Jordan is still the greatest, but Jordan never had to worry about defenders packing the paint and playing defense the way they do now. Because those plays were all illegal back then.
    Quote Quote  

2. -522
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Just admit that the Heat are a "dynasty." I mean if you're claiming that the 09-11 jest on the basis of 2 out of 3 mediocre and/or lucky seasons and a pair of conference championship losses are "elite" what does that make the team who's been to 3 Finals in a row, and won 62 postseason games (not 4) to accomplish this zenith.

3 World Championships 06-13!!!

Heat: much more of a "dynasty" than jest ever were "elite." Man up

why are you following me w/ your jealousy? 2 in a row isn't a dynasty but they are real close. if they win one of the next 2 they are a dynasty. I'd callt hem an eastern conf dynasty w/ 3 straight Finals apps but overall thye need to make it 3 in a row or 3 of the next 4.

I'm sure you are a HUGE Heat fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmergloom1x View Post
    I think Jordan is still the greatest, but Jordan never had to worry about defenders packing the paint and playing defense the way they do now. Because those plays were all illegal back then.
    Times change, players adapt. Jordan never ran to a ready built team or deferred to other star players either. Both all time greats, Lebron is climbing the ladder but he'll never catch Jordan.
    Quote Quote  

3. -523
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Just admit that the Heat are a "dynasty." I mean if you're claiming that the 09-11 jest on the basis of 2 out of 3 mediocre and/or lucky seasons and a pair of conference championship losses are "elite" what does that make the team who's been to 3 Finals in a row, and won 62 postseason games (not 4) to accomplish this zenith.

3 World Championships 06-13!!!

Heat: much more of a "dynasty" than jest ever were "elite." Man up

I wouldn't call the Heat a dynasty. Win next year and they will be. I never thought the Spurs were a dynasty either for what it's worth.

Quote Quote  

4. -524
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I wouldn't call the Heat a dynasty. Win next year and they will be. I never thought the Spurs were a dynasty either for what it's worth.
    They won 3 in 5 seasons, I think that's a dynasty or as close as you can be. The one knock is they never did it back to back though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -525
    G.O.A.T

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well Lebrons is way ahead of Jordan in terms of accolades at this stage in their careers and age. just look it up. LEBRON IS ONLY 28!! my goodness I can not wait. and he is getting better every ear what else could he do next year??
    Quote Quote  

6. -526
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatness920 View Post
    Well Lebrons is way ahead of Jordan in terms of accolades at this stage in their careers and age. just look it up. LEBRON IS ONLY 28!! my goodness I can not wait. and he is getting better every ear what else could he do next year??
    Jordan through age 28(8 seasons, 7 full seasons)
    2 championships, 3 MVPs, 2 FInals MVPs, ROY, AS Game MVP, 1 Defensive POY award, 6 time 1st team all NBA, 5 1st team all defense, led league in steals twice, led NBA in scoring 7 times

Lebron through age 28(10 seasons):2 championships, 4 MVPs, 2 finals MVPs, ROY, 6 time 1st team all NBA, 5 time 1st team all D

The only area he leads in is MVPs and he played 2 more years(really 3 more since Michael was hurt most of one season).
    Quote Quote  

7. -527
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

It Is What It Is

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    why are you following me w/ your jealousy? 2 in a row isn't a dynasty but they are real close. if they win one of the next 2 they are a dynasty. I'd callt hem an eastern conf dynasty w/ 3 straight Finals apps but overall thye need to make it 3 in a row or 3 of the next 4.

I'm sure you are a HUGE Heat fan

Times change, players adapt. Jordan never ran to a ready built team or deferred to other star players either. Both all time greats, Lebron is climbing the ladder but he'll never catch Jordan.

Yeah, I'm a Heat fan, through thick and thin.. and occasionally participate on basketball centric forums....what did you think? That I was a Long Island, no, new Jersey, no, I mean Brooklyn Carpetbagger fan?

When you have to win 4 games vs 3 post season teams to even get to the Finals, considering that the Heat have been to the Finals 4 times in 7 years and won them 3 times, especially with a repeat, I'd say that's as close to a modern-day "dynasty" as you can get.

As far as Jordan vs LeBron, Jordan was great but as JC Cane observed, everyone including him looks better from afar through the looking glass. Even Pippin, ranked as one of the 50 best players (who helped make Jordan's legacy) strongly inferred, LeBron is a better more complete player. Both were /are elite lock down defenders and scorers, but LeBron is also a great passer and unselfish who actually makes his teammates look better. Compare that to Jordan who on or off the court, was a self-indulgent, egocentric pig who didn't care about anyone else be they his teammates or spouse .. a great chucker and decent rebounder, but that was his overwhelming main dimension. If the degenerate gambling, quitting on his team to play baseball wasn't enough, that ungracious "look at me, **** you if you were a doubter" HOF induction speech, put an exclamation mark on what a worthless ahole he really was/is.
    loo

Sorry, but it is what it is... or I should say, they are what they are!

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

8. -528
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They won 3 in 5 seasons, I think that's a dynasty or as close as you can be. The one knock is they never did it back to back though.
    Maybe. I agree on the B2B part. I never saw them as a dynasty. Maybe 3 straight or something. Either way no team has ever made me more proud than San Antonio has. It's too bad we never got into debates about them vs. the Nets.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness920 View Post
    To even be arguing who is better shows how fortunate Heat fans are that he chose to go to Miami.
    Quote Quote  

9. -529
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    More like that Heat fans are fortunate they have the best exec in the league who could make something like that happen.
    Quote Quote  

10. -530
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yeah, I'm a Heat fan, through thick and thin.. and occasionally participate on basketball centric forums....what did you think? That I was a Long Island, no, new Jersey, no, I mean Brooklyn Carpetbagger fan?

When you have to win 4 games vs 3 post season teams to even get to the Finals, considering that the Heat have been to the Finals 4 times in 7 years and won them 3 times, especially with a repeat, I'd say that's as close to a modern-day "dynasty" as you can get.

As far as Jordan vs LeBron, Jordan was great but as JC Cane observed, everyone including him looks better from afar through the looking glass. Even Pippin, ranked as one of the 50 best players (who helped make Jordan's legacy) strongly inferred, LeBron is a better more complete player. Both were /are elite lock down defenders and scorers, but LeBron is also a great passer and unselfish who actually makes his teammates look better. Compare that to Jordan who on or off the court, was a self-indulgent, egocentric pig who didn't care about anyone else be they his teammates or spouse .. a great chucker and decent rebounder, but that was his overwhelming main dimension. If the degenerate gambling, quitting on his team to play baseball wasn't enough, that ungracious "look at me, **** you if you were a doubter" HOF induction speech, put an exclamation mark on what a worthless ahole he really was/is.
    loo

Sorry, but it is what it is... or I should say, they are what they are!

I don't buy it, I only see you post about them when things are going well.

an extra game against a cupcake in the 1st rd makes them a dynasty? the east has been weak, the overall NBA has been weak. Nothing against the Heat, they are the best team in the league and are on the verge of a dynasty but 2 straight titles doesn't make a team a dynasty, they have to add that 3rd in the next 2 seasons.

The only reason Pippen made the 50 greatest players list( a list 15 years later he'd be nowhere near now) was b/c of Jordan. B/c Lebron may be a better passer it means he's more complete? Jordan was a better scorer, shooter, defender, clutch player, winner. Michael made players better, he had less talent around him in Chi than Lebron in Miami and he never faced a game 7 or an elimination game plus he never needed another player to save his season like LeBron did in game 6.

His HOF speech was awful but not as awful as "The decision" or running to join a ready made team. Michael didn't bow down to anyone and he never faced elimination in an NBA Finals or a game 7 and he would have won many more if he didn't "retire"(or get forced out- who knows?) in 1993 and 1998.
    Quote Quote