Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

1. -551
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    Riley got Zo in free agency from Charlotte the first time .Riley had a deal in place for a young Dwight Howard as well but that got vetoed by the commish. The Heat were crap untill they teamed him with Hardaway. Defensive player of the year twice I believe.
    I know. i had season tickets back then.
    G money was my favorite player. 40 points on any given night.

Remember those were the Micheal days and no one was beating Chicago in the Eastern conference back then. The Knicks usually knocked us out anyways (Alan Houston) But those were some great games.
    Suspensions and ejections a plenty.
    Riley traded rice for zo and I think you mean juwan Howard and not dwight Howard.
    Quote Quote  

2. -552
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Riley traded rice for zo and I think you mean juwan Howard and not dwight Howard.
    thanks for the corrections

old age
    Quote Quote  

3. -553
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    thanks for the corrections

old age
    No worries. I was there for the dark days too. I remember thinking our lineup of rice, smith, burton, long and seikley had a chance to be really good.
    Quote Quote  

4. -554
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Long was the man. He was our Haslem back then.
    Quote Quote  

5. -555
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

6. -556
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The difference is Jordan set up the Finals winning shots and if they lost there was another game. Lebron bricked 2 shots late and they got lucky getting the rebounds and Allen saved the series and probably saved Lebron's legacy.
    LULZ @ The monkey dung this guy posts and expects people to believe. What is this nonsense about saving legacy. Total sewage by the worst in the business.

John Paxson hit the game winner. Jordan setup nothing on that play. The assist came from Horace Grant down in the paint when Paxson's man rotated down low to double up Grant. Paxson hit the wide open three. Then on the in-bound by Phoenix, Horace Grant swatted away Kevin Johnson's game winner in the lane. So I suppose it is safe to say, based off of what you've said about LeBron James, that Horace Grant and John Paxson bailed out Michael Jordan and won him a third title, correct?

Then you throw in "luck" as if players have zero skill whatsoever. Ray Allen, the league's greatest three-point shooter, hits a three. Surprise surprise surprise. Shocking stuff right there. No mention of the big shots that LeBron hit in the game or of how he became an animal in the fourth quarter, DOWN 10, and got the Heat back in the game to even have an opportunity to push the game to overtime.

Strange that you left that unimportant information out.

Back to back championships. Down 3-2 in the NBA Finals to one of the GREATEST dynasty teams of all-time. The GREATEST power forward of all-time. ARGUABLY the GREATEST coach in NBA history...and LeBron got it down. Tell us that story about how LeBron went to Miami to piggyback off of Wade with his bum knees and Chris Bosh with his ZERO points in the biggest game of his career.

Two NBA titles. Two NBA Finals MVPs. Four regular season NBA MVP awards.

Me thinks it is time to shut up.

Quote Quote  

7. -557
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He did brick those shots. Lebron often seems to be on the edge of choking or does choke even with the Titles. Lack of confidence also felt by the fans who displayed it this series. Never felt Jordon was about to choke or saw that in their fans.
    Quote Quote  

8. -558
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    LULZ @ The monkey dung this guy posts and expects people to believe. What is this nonsense about saving legacy. Total sewage by the worst in the business.

John Paxson hit the game winner. Jordan setup nothing on that play. The assist came from Horace Grant down in the paint when Paxson's man rotated down low to double up Grant. Paxson hit the wide open three. Then on the in-bound by Phoenix, Horace Grant swatted away Kevin Johnson's game winner in the lane. So I suppose it is safe to say, based off of what you've said about LeBron James, that Horace Grant and John Paxson bailed out Michael Jordan and won him a third title, correct?

Then you throw in "luck" as if players have zero skill whatsoever. Ray Allen, the league's greatest three-point shooter, hits a three. Surprise surprise surprise. Shocking stuff right there. No mention of the big shots that LeBron hit in the game or of how he became an animal in the fourth quarter, DOWN 10, and got the Heat back in the game to even have an opportunity to push the game to overtime.

Strange that you left that unimportant information out.

Back to back championships. Down 3-2 in the NBA Finals to one of the GREATEST dynasty teams of all-time. The GREATEST power forward of all-time. ARGUABLY the GREATEST coach in NBA history...and LeBron got it down. Tell us that story about how LeBron went to Miami to piggyback off of Wade with his bum knees and Chris Bosh with his ZERO points in the biggest game of his career.

Two NBA titles. Two NBA Finals MVPs. Four regular season NBA MVP awards.

Me thinks it is time to shut up.
    His legacy will be tarnished by hopping on wade's back anyway but if Allen doesn't bail him out and they lose this series? that would be 2 finals losses, Jordan never even faced an elimination game.

So Phoenix didn't pay any attention to Jordan? it was all Horace Grant? Interesting and again even if they lose that game they have Game 7, if Allen misses that shot Miami LOSES.

It was very lucky they got the right bounce, after the first LeBron brick down 5 they got it and he hit the 2nd shot then after the 2nd Lebron brick where it got kicked out to Allen for the win.

SA hasn't won a title since 2007 and never won back to back titles- how are they now one of the greatest dynasties of all time? The stuff you make up. They had homecourt in a series they were big favorites in and needed a miracle to get to game 7 against an ancient long time ago championship team.

Lebron is great, an all time great. I have never said otherwise. My complaint was always taking the easy way out and going to a ready made team. I have no doubt he would have started winning title sin Cleveland but he wasn't patient and wanted things handed to him. After he choked again in the '11 Finals he realized he had to work harder and it wouldn't be handed to him and he's won twice since then.
    Quote Quote  

9. -559
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    It wouldn't be the same, it looks like you'llhave the better football team this year so enjoy that. That annoys me, SA being better than NJ didn't annoy me
    It annoys me b/c SA is my most successful team! If only the Dolphins could be....

Quote Quote  

10. -560
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    It wasn't a shock to see Miami come back from down 3-2. They did get lucky when Pop had a brain fart by sitting Duncan late in the game. That and SA's inability to get a god damn defensive rebound. Allen made the 3 when he needed to and then Parker selfishly tried to win the game on a terrible shot. I knew at that point the Spurs were screwed.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

SA hasn't won a title since 2007 and never won back to back titles- how are they now one of the greatest dynasties of all time? The stuff you make up. They had homecourt in a series they were big favorites in and needed a miracle to get to game 7 against an ancient long time ago championship team.
    They aren't one of the greatest dynasties. Pop is an all-time coach and Timmy is an all-time PF though. Still, the Spurs were as close as you could be to winning the series but blew it. I give Miami credit for doing what they did but I don't think what they accomplished is all that amazing.
    Quote Quote