Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Had to Laugh

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn

Had to Laugh

My 8 Yr old son & my wife were discussing his possible 3rd Grade teacher for this upcoming school year. He told her that he wanted this certain teacher because she gave cookie rewards for quality work / student.

My wife looked at me & said. Our son is all about the rewards.

My comment was he is learning about doing a good job & the benefit of it is a reward ( pay )

My son comment. Obama is trying to change that.

So I broke out into a huge laugh.

I need to correct him though. With instead of Obama. The Fed Gov is trying to change that, but he is getting the picture.
    DPhins4me
    Scot
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    E22 FH Tailgate Gang
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S Florida/Dolphins Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dphins4me View Post
    My 8 Yr old son & my wife were discussing his possible 3rd Grade teacher for this upcoming school year. He told her that he wanted this certain teacher because she gave cookie rewards for quality work / student.

My wife looked at me & said. Our son is all about the rewards.

My comment was he is learning about doing a good job & the benefit of it is a reward ( pay )

My son comment. Obama is trying to change that.

So I broke out into a huge laugh.

I need to correct him though. With instead of Obama. The Fed Gov is trying to change that, but he is getting the picture.
    I always thought that it was a basic to do quality work in school.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I always thought that it was a basic to do quality work in school.
    Welcome to the Gov ran public education system. Kinda like welcome to non-work in the USA. Everyone deserves the same regardless of how you perform.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    E22 FH Tailgate Gang
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S Florida/Dolphins Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dphins4me View Post
    Welcome to the Gov ran public education system. Kinda like welcome to non-work in the USA. Everyone deserves the same regardless of how you perform.
    I don't think it is necessarily the public school system as they use such 'bribery' system in private schools as well.

It is a reflection on society. Just look at athletics where every team and every player in the league gets a participation trophy. Or parents who have to "reward" the little ones for cleaning their rooms. The reward and bribery system starts at home.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I don't think it is necessarily the public school system as they use such 'bribery' system in private schools as well.

It is a reflection on society. Just look at athletics where every team and every player in the league gets a participation trophy. Or parents who have to "reward" the little ones for cleaning their rooms. The reward and bribery system starts at home.
    Have you see where a school is giving a effort honor roll. Its for the kids that tried & failed.

Hate participation trophies. I've coach for 5 Yrs now & hate giving those things out. My feelings are simple. If you want a trophy. Win.

Understand the reward/bribery system has gotten out of hand. However at some point you have to teach work/pay to the kids.

My pet peeve is having to give all the kids at a B/Day party a gift bag because they don't understand why they did not get a present & kid X did. Its not your B/Day. I got that as a child.
    Quote Quote