Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Had to Laugh

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks

Had to Laugh

My 8 Yr old son & my wife were discussing his possible 3rd Grade teacher for this upcoming school year. He told her that he wanted this certain teacher because she gave cookie rewards for quality work / student.

My wife looked at me & said. Our son is all about the rewards.

My comment was he is learning about doing a good job & the benefit of it is a reward ( pay )

My son comment. Obama is trying to change that.

So I broke out into a huge laugh.

I need to correct him though. With instead of Obama. The Fed Gov is trying to change that, but he is getting the picture.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dphins4me View Post
    My 8 Yr old son & my wife were discussing his possible 3rd Grade teacher for this upcoming school year. He told her that he wanted this certain teacher because she gave cookie rewards for quality work / student.

My wife looked at me & said. Our son is all about the rewards.

My comment was he is learning about doing a good job & the benefit of it is a reward ( pay )

My son comment. Obama is trying to change that.

So I broke out into a huge laugh.

I need to correct him though. With instead of Obama. The Fed Gov is trying to change that, but he is getting the picture.
    I always thought that it was a basic to do quality work in school.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I always thought that it was a basic to do quality work in school.
    Welcome to the Gov ran public education system. Kinda like welcome to non-work in the USA. Everyone deserves the same regardless of how you perform.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dphins4me View Post
    Welcome to the Gov ran public education system. Kinda like welcome to non-work in the USA. Everyone deserves the same regardless of how you perform.
    I don't think it is necessarily the public school system as they use such 'bribery' system in private schools as well.

It is a reflection on society. Just look at athletics where every team and every player in the league gets a participation trophy. Or parents who have to "reward" the little ones for cleaning their rooms. The reward and bribery system starts at home.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I don't think it is necessarily the public school system as they use such 'bribery' system in private schools as well.

It is a reflection on society. Just look at athletics where every team and every player in the league gets a participation trophy. Or parents who have to "reward" the little ones for cleaning their rooms. The reward and bribery system starts at home.
    Have you see where a school is giving a effort honor roll. Its for the kids that tried & failed.

Hate participation trophies. I've coach for 5 Yrs now & hate giving those things out. My feelings are simple. If you want a trophy. Win.

Understand the reward/bribery system has gotten out of hand. However at some point you have to teach work/pay to the kids.

My pet peeve is having to give all the kids at a B/Day party a gift bag because they don't understand why they did not get a present & kid X did. Its not your B/Day. I got that as a child.
    Quote Quote