Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Fantasy Football Sleepers Thread

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Top 10 Fantasy Football Sleepers Thread

http://www.chicitysports.com/2010/08...10-nfl-season/

Article Top 10 Fantasy Football sleepers, this season. Do you agree with the list? Who should or shouldn't be on the list?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dunno about soem of them. Moreno I would not count as a sleeper as he will get drafted in the 4th round in most drafts. Mike Wallaces production will suffer without Big Ben at QB for the 1st half of the season and even though I think Aromanshado could have a nice season, I think Knox is more of a sleeper.

Eddie Royal, Henne and Michael Bush are three other sleepers for me this season.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moreno already has a bad hammy (injured late July), and I think is very overrated. I agree with the points made by emeraldfin (nice post BTW), except I would like to add that Knox is the guy and emphasize the Aromanshado is very overrated (Aromanshado was cut twice previously and had to walk on to Bears last season... he was just "OK" at Auburn).

I really like the points made here about Knox (as well as the other sleeper they talk about)

http://www.footballdocs.com/fantasy_..._sleepers.html

I also like Felix Jones (even though higher draft pick, this guy has a real shot to finish top 10 RB, which means good draft value), Jerome Harrison (despite nearly 300 yard rushing game last year, everyone thinks he is done... I think they are wrong... he is surrounded by injury prone RBs and he was a beast at Washington State AND Holmgren loves to establish the run - think Shaun Alexander), Chris Cooley (McNabb likes TEs and Shanahan to get Cooley involved more), and Henne (and that isn't the homer in me coming out).
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OJMcDuffie View Post
    Moreno already has a bad hammy (injured late July), and I think is very overrated. I agree with the points made by emeraldfin (nice post BTW), except I would like to add that Knox is the guy and emphasize the Aromanshado is very overrated (Aromanshado was cut twice previously and had to walk on to Bears last season... he was just "OK" at Auburn).

I really like the points made here about Knox (as well as the other sleeper they talk about)

http://www.footballdocs.com/fantasy_..._sleepers.html

I also like Felix Jones (even though higher draft pick, this guy has a real shot to finish top 10 RB, which means good draft value), Jerome Harrison (despite nearly 300 yard rushing game last year, everyone thinks he is done... I think they are wrong... he is surrounded by injury prone RBs and he was a beast at Washington State AND Holmgren loves to establish the run - think Shaun Alexander), Chris Cooley (McNabb likes TEs and Shanahan to get Cooley involved more), and Henne (and that isn't the homer in me coming out).
    The thing that worries me about Jones is that he tends to get injured abit and the fact he will lose carries to Barber and Choice. By all means he has the talent to be very successful considering the great conditions in Dallas (very good passing game and O-Line), but I would still be a little apprehensive about picking him to be my starting RB.

I totally agree with you on Harrison, however the Browns can be very stupid. I think it took the Browns until the end of last season to finally start Harrison, playing the washed up Jamall Lewis ahead of him for the 1st half. The Browns then also draft Montario Hardesty in the 2nd or 3rd round and who I think was actually getting alot of carries in camp before he got injured. With Hardesty now out, Harrison must surly now start, but I have a feeling the Browns will think of a way to mess that up. I think in any other organisation he is a top 10 fantasy back.

Just in relation to that article you attached, Arian Foster is actually taking 1st team reps in Houston at the moment. However that can change very fast and I would expect Tate to win that job.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    The thing that worries me about Jones is that he tends to get injured abit and the fact he will lose carries to Barber and Choice. By all means he has the talent to be very successful considering the great conditions in Dallas (very good passing game and O-Line), but I would still be a little apprehensive about picking him to be my starting RB.

I totally agree with you on Harrison, however the Browns can be very stupid. I think it took the Browns until the end of last season to finally start Harrison, playing the washed up Jamall Lewis ahead of him for the 1st half. The Browns then also draft Montario Hardesty in the 2nd or 3rd round and who I think was actually getting alot of carries in camp before he got injured. With Hardesty now out, Harrison must surly now start, but I have a feeling the Browns will think of a way to mess that up. I think in any other organisation he is a top 10 fantasy back.

Just in relation to that article you attached, Arian Foster is actually taking 1st team reps in Houston at the moment. However that can change very fast and I would expect Tate to win that job.
    Good post, emeraldfin.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ur house when ur not home
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still think that in ppr leagues Devon Bess is going to be beastly and as far as running backs go, I don't think that Moreno will be that good considering they don't have Marshall anymore. In that division, Ryan Matthews is gonna burst through the scene though

"I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."
    -Dan Gilbert
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't sleep on my man JIMMY GRAHAM!!

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow whoever made that list should be ashamed. that's a terrible sleeper list. where is adrian foster? kavhlid best? harrison and alex smith are pathertic. let me reprhase that, the browns offense is a joke. how is kolb a sleeper? he played last season. every 1 knows that the eagles love to throw the ball not run.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    wow whoever made that list should be ashamed. that's a terrible sleeper list. where is adrian foster? kavhlid best? harrison and alex smith are pathertic. let me reprhase that, the browns offense is a joke. how is kolb a sleeper? he played last season. every 1 knows that the eagles love to throw the ball not run.
    I think Kolb is considered a sleeper because he is a young, unproven quarterback. However, we know how much the Eagles like to throw the ball, so it's not a real big sleeper to me.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll name one not mentioned on that list. Donnie Avery. Should be available in the mid rounds in most leagues. Someone has to catch passes in St. Louis and he'll be the one to do so. Great speed, guy will be a playmaker when he gets a QB who can actually throw. Maybe that's Bradford.
    Quote Quote